The Christian Tithe ripoff.

"If a believer wishes to tithe out of a personal conviction , that is fine . Tithing becomes a problem when it is represented as God's command , binding upon every believer." ( Pagan Christianity , pg.178,Frank Viola.) When you have been thrown into deeper poverty because you felt obligated to give beyond your means , that is NOT the command of God! That is a heavy burden of oppression. Your liberty has become oppression. Your religion has become infected.

Sounds to me like you are not adult enough yet to take care of yourself.

I have no need to insult your personage, my post's hold a strength enough to stand on their own ; I have no interest in insulting your personage , but I understand your need to insult mine ; its the Christian way.

Don't worry about it. You can't insult me. I'm an adult.

"If a believer wishes to tithe out of a personal conviction , that is fine . Tithing becomes a problem when it is represented as God's command , binding upon every believer." ( Pagan Christianity , pg.178,Frank Viola.) When you have been thrown into deeper poverty because you felt obligated to give beyond your means , that is NOT the command of God! That is a heavy burden of oppression. Your liberty has become oppression. Your religion has become infected.

I have no need to insult your personage, my post's hold a strength enough to stand on their own ; I have no interest in insulting your personage , but I understand your need to insult mine ; its the Christian way.

Its not my way to insult you , I only go after your religion. My conversation is strong enough to be effective without the need to insult. I consider personally insulting others as a weakness. A common Christian habit.

Its not my way to insult you , I only go after your religion. My conversation is strong enough to be effective without the need to insult. I consider personally insulting others as a weakness. A common Christian habit.

And I don't consider anything you say as being adult enough to even consider. You haven't even attacked my religion because I have never even been inside a church that imposes tithes on the membership. In all the churches I have ever attended, and there have been several, tithing was voluntary. No one drove splinters underneath one's finger nails tht refused to tithe.

Religion is a money making machine , milking its members like cows. Using its sentimental powers to empty the wallets and purses of its people. The Christian tithe is of interest , because although tithing is biblical , its biblical meaning and history is being hid by Christian ministers. Because they want that money. The tithe belonged to ancient Israel ,it was essentially their income tax. But the real biblical tithe was the product of land NOT money! The tithe in Malachi 3 is soley about land , never money! In fact , the New Testament church never tithed. Tithing , in the real bible, was an old covenant thing.

So two rip offs right off, is the tithe was continued on into this age by church leaders , not by the New Testament church, but new church leaders greed. And it was completely changed from land to money. There is absolutely no biblical evidence that the New Testament church ever tithed , or that it was ever money. In fact the tithe did not become widespread in Christianity until the eight century. For 700 years after Christ , it was rarely even mentioned. Charting the history of Christian tithing is a fascinating story of incredible bible twisting and ripping off people. And I want to go into the burden it has put on the poor.

Tithing was the Mosaic law-- Christians are not under that law.
Jesus taught a parable as well to that effect--He said--The Pharisees all gave their tithes, a little old woman had 2 small coins and gave them both out of her heart. Jesus said--what she gave had more value than all the tithes combined--- God and his son want from ones heart, not written law on paper-the new covenant= LOVE.
As well The bible teaches that one received the word of God for free and in return it should be given free as well.
Run from the teachers of darkness who demand a tithe. And get paid to give what God said to give free.

You know, there IS a way to ensure good karma and provide a bit of "seed money" to the world.

That would be when you see someone on the street who looks like they could use a decent meal or two and is homeless, give 'em a couple of bucks and tell them to have a nice day.

I've noticed that when I send out good energy to another human being that actually helps someone directly, good things tend to happen to me afterwards.

Nothing ever happened like that after I'd given a bunch of money to the church, but it does when I help another human being.

Give a couple of bucks to homeless people. Not only will it help them out, but it will get you good karma in your spiritual bank.

And.....................it's cheaper than tithing.

Religion is a money making machine , milking its members like cows. Using its sentimental powers to empty the wallets and purses of its people. The Christian tithe is of interest , because although tithing is biblical , its biblical meaning and history is being hid by Christian ministers. Because they want that money. The tithe belonged to ancient Israel ,it was essentially their income tax. But the real biblical tithe was the product of land NOT money! The tithe in Malachi 3 is soley about land , never money! In fact , the New Testament church never tithed. Tithing , in the real bible, was an old covenant thing.

So two rip offs right off, is the tithe was continued on into this age by church leaders , not by the New Testament church, but new church leaders greed. And it was completely changed from land to money. There is absolutely no biblical evidence that the New Testament church ever tithed , or that it was ever money. In fact the tithe did not become widespread in Christianity until the eight century. For 700 years after Christ , it was rarely even mentioned. Charting the history of Christian tithing is a fascinating story of incredible bible twisting and ripping off people. And I want to go into the burden it has put on the poor.
The average American family pays out 38 percent of its income, each year in federal, state, and local taxes ---- 10% is a bargain and God does a whole lot more than the government.

The average American family pays out 38 percent of its income, each year in federal, state, and local taxes ---- 10% is a bargain and God does a whole lot more than the government.

God is not a banker, Christian ministers are.

No one is suggesting that ministers are entitled to live high on the hog, as it were. However, doctors do not work for nothing. Politicians do not work for nothing. Teachers do not work or nothing. And ditch diggers do not work for nothing --- and you likely receive a wage. Ministers do a lot of volunteer work and are available 24 ---7. This is more than I can say for most people.

You know, there IS a way to ensure good karma and provide a bit of "seed money" to the world.

That would be when you see someone on the street who looks like they could use a decent meal or two and is homeless, give 'em a couple of bucks and tell them to have a nice day.

I've noticed that when I send out good energy to another human being that actually helps someone directly, good things tend to happen to me afterwards.

Nothing ever happened like that after I'd given a bunch of money to the church, but it does when I help another human being.

Give a couple of bucks to homeless people. Not only will it help them out, but it will get you good karma in your spiritual bank.

And.....................it's cheaper than tithing.

When the rich man went to Jesus and asked him--How can I enter Gods kingdom, I keep all the commandments. Jesus said--sell all you have and give it to your poor brothers.
He didn't mean sell every single thing( because the rich man had to live to) but he meant most of it--out of love of the heart. The rich man could not do it.
Giving direct to a needy one is far better than giving to a charity who gives 15% to the needy and 85% in their paychecks and the bills. Charities are a farse. In the last 2 calamaties--New Orleans hurricane--Haiti --billions ended up stolen.

No one is suggesting that ministers are entitled to live high on the hog, as it were. However, doctors do not work for nothing. Politicians do not work for nothing. Teachers do not work or nothing. And ditch diggers do not work for nothing --- and you likely receive a wage. Ministers do a lot of volunteer work and are available 24 ---7. This is more than I can say for most people.

The Christian Tithe is a fraud ; they will fight for that fraud. Because its their way.

Jesus Christ did not teach tithing to his disciples or to anyone; the first century Christians did not observe it ; two facts that tithing churches will not teach.

Christians control the religious money , and they think they control the honey; the salvation of humanity. They have a choke hold on religion and they will not let go. They want to drown unbelievers in their hell, but take their money first.

The Christian tithe rip off , is really a bible rip off ; its stealing a biblical standard for collecting food , and completely changing it into a money collection plate -- and the power to seduce its members into not seeing that change.

Christians control the religious money , and they think they control the honey; the salvation of humanity. They have a choke hold on religion and they will not let go. They want to drown unbelievers in their hell, but take their money first.

What is apparent is that you have chosen a subject in which you have little knowledge. It would benefit your own knowledge were you to try to get a grip on just exactly what tithes are used for in most all churches. The pastor of most churches draw a set salary. Most all churches are mortgaged to the hilt. Most all churches have electric bills, water bills, maintenance bills, lawn care bills, and support missionaries as well as community outreach programs.

Though all religions have always sought money, or its equivalent, it is actually an evil producing machine. Because there is only one thing that can overcome human mortality. At least in the minds of its followers. And that is lies. Which are evil. For the most part. And definitely in the case of religion.

Last edited:

What is apparent is that you have chosen a subject in which you have little knowledge. It would benefit your own knowledge were you to try to get a grip on just exactly what tithes are used for in most all churches. The pastor of most churches draw a set salary. Most all churches are mortgaged to the hilt. Most all churches have electric bills, water bills, maintenance bills, lawn care bills, and support missionaries as well as community outreach programs.

Know your history.

Cyprian of Carthage was the first Christian writer to mention the misguided practice of financially supporting the clergy. He argued that just as the Levites were supported by the tithe , so should the Christian clergy; that is unbiblical , the Levitical system has been abolished, all believers are priest , so if a priest demands a tithe, all believers should tithe to one another. But Christians listen to their clergy more than they do their bible. Its a habit that will never be broken in this life.

Know your history.

Cyprian of Carthage was the first Christian writer to mention the misguided practice of financially supporting the clergy. He argued that just as the Levites were supported by the tithe , so should the Christian clergy; that is unbiblical , the Levitical system has been abolished, all believers are priest , so if a priest demands a tithe, all believers should tithe to one another. But Christians listen to their clergy more than they do their bible. Its a habit that will never be broken in this life.

More stupidity from you. Churches have expenses. These expenses and outreach programs have to be met. Many churches are closing because they cannot meet their expenses. Yes, a pastor's salary does usually come out of the tithes and offerings but so does the mortgage payment, the electric bill, and other expenses and programs. It has to come from somewhere, stupid.

Know your history.

More stupidity from you. Churches have expenses. These expenses and outreach programs have to be met. Many churches are closing because they cannot meet their expenses. Yes, a pastor's salary does usually come out of the tithes and offerings but so does the mortgage payment, the electric bill, and other expenses and programs. It has to come from somewhere, stupid.

I hold no need to call you names and insult you , those are Christian ways. By calling me stupid , you are showing the way of a Christian.

What's it feel like Christian , talking to someone who can see right through you?

Know your history.

I hold no need to call you names and insult you , those are Christian ways. By calling me stupid , you are showing the way of a Christian.

What's it feel like Christian , talking to someone who can see right through you?

Feels great to tell the truth. Try it sometimes. At least bone up on your subject.

Forum List

Back