The Cappucino Corral

I'm so disappointed with Home Depot.....we were trying to get a bi-fold door to go between our den and our sunroom so we checked with them. Had a guy come out and measure, and told us that Home Depot would be able to cut if need be, one of the many bi-fold doors they carry. After waiting for 3 days and not hearing from them, we called, they couldn't find the paperwork they started on us, but finally the guy was able to find the "measurements" that one of their workers took 3 days before!!! So, we went in, and had to wait for a while as no one was in the "door" area. Finally, after Mr. Mertex went up to customer service and inquired, they sent someone to help us. Well, long story short, they didn't have a door to fit our measurements, and they don't cut or custom make doors, so we just wasted a whole week with them, damn. I found another place that has a web-site and advertises just what we need. Hope this one doesn't do the same as Home Depot!
I have had a lot of trouble there recently as well. They have screwed up several orders for us. I wish we had the old fashioned local hardware stores here but they all went out when HD and Lowes opened.

I guess they are okay for plants, tools, and other things they carry, but not so sure about major jobs, unless you have a lot of patience and don't mind dealing with people that may not be experts in that particular field.

Another big issue is they contract out work. So you never know what you will get. A friend of ours had her kitchen done by them and it was beautiful, another did as well and it looked like a high school shop class built it. It was awful. Of course its warrantied by the Home Depot so they do come back and fix it but its a hassle.

I went through Lowes for my kitchen and they did a great job. I spent a lot of time hands on supervising which might have made a difference but I knew exactly what I wanted and that is what I ended up with. I have had friends comment that it looks like we spent 3 or 4 times what it actually cost.

Speaking of Lowes I had to take back an outdoor lamp that failed. They swapped it out without any hassle at all. In that respect they are better than HD in my opinion.

Well, an update on my Home Depot episode.....I posted where I tried to find some other company and was unsuccessful as all the door companies that I called, don't seem to do bi-fold doors, even though their web-sites say they do. So, Mr Mertex and I were talking and I said, if they only make a certain size door, why can't we hire a carpenter to come and do whatever he has to do to our door frame to make it the size that is needed. So we went back, and this time the other employee, (John, contractor on the side) was really happy to have us come back. He was disappointed that the other employee just let us go without suggesting other possible solutions.....he said we could buy the wider doors and he can cut them to fit, but he's going to do it outside of Home Depot....on his own time and we pay him separately. Anyway, we got a call the other day from him, and he was very apologetic, said Home Depot messed up the order and didn't send it when it was supposed to, but that he had resubmitted it and was checking on it and doors should be here next week. I tell you, if it wasn't for employees like John, Home Depot would probably go out of business....and some employees would help that with their lack of knowledge or interest. Anyway, we think John is going to do a good job....fingers crossed.
We replaced all our doors the beginning of last summer. I choose six panel bi folds for all the closets. Two were an odd size but Lowes had a manufacture that made them special order..twice as much moola though.

I didn't win anything last night at our Xmas Bunco party, but the food was good, we all had a good time.
I've only played a couple of times but it was fun!
I didn't win anything last night at our Xmas Bunco party, but the food was good, we all had a good time.

Are you still watching Homeland? I can hardly wait for tonight's episode. Also, we started watching "The Affair" - that's another one that is really good.

Funny that I've never gotten into Homeland. Everyone says its great but I've never seen it.

But, love Masters of Sex and The Knick.

I kept hearing people mention Homeland, so I told my husband we needed to watch it. I don't remember how we were able to get the previous episodes, whether it was thru NetFlix or On Demand....but we started from the beginning and I got hooked right away. Every episode leaves you hanging and wanting to see the next one.....same as with Breaking Bad and Dexter. Very few programs do that for me. We watched Master of Sex, but sometimes I feel like it just drags on and the episodes don't leave you hanging....I guess I like excitement.

As far as I am concerned 'homeland' ended at the finish of series two. I struggled to watch series 3 and 4 but gave up because it clashes with premiers of good new films at 9pm on a Sunday night.

I almost needed some prayers after encountering a pothole on my moptorsickle last night. I was/am fuming over that episode. The reason is it was apparently "fixed" but they didn't fill it enough. Its still deep enough to wreak havoc on motor vehicles & cause accidents. I'm going to report it to have it addressed.

Do you have alloy wheels? because that can buckle them.

We've had hard rains too but the temperature is back up. I took these yesterday. The lake is always changing and always beautiful. View attachment 34281View attachment 34282

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't see the lake!.......:)

I KNOWSS!!

But this morning is clear and cold and blue, no fog and just beautiful. As always.

As usual, I wanted to sleep in a bit but the critters woke me at 5 just so I could watch the sunrise. They're very sweet and considerate that way. :rolleyes:

I almost needed some prayers after encountering a pothole on my moptorsickle last night. I was/am fuming over that episode. The reason is it was apparently "fixed" but they didn't fill it enough. Its still deep enough to wreak havoc on motor vehicles & cause accidents. I'm going to report it to have it addressed.

Yikes.

Are you okay?

And your bike?

I haven't shopped at Lowe's since they displayed their religious intolerance towards Americans.

However...I haven't stopped going to Chik-fil-A as planned. I love those sandwiches.

toxicmedia - a hearty welcome to you at the Cappucino Corral!

Please read the OP to this thread again: no politics, no religion, no trolling, no attacks. Talking about religious intolerance as you worded it is an invitiation for us to go down that path. That path is not an option here at the CC. Though I respect your feelings and your opinions (probably more than you realize), the CC is not the place for this kind of stuff. I think that most of us can live with subtle innuendo now and again, but that is anything but subtle. Can you tone it down? :D

I hope you come by very often, but please remember: no politics, no religion, no trolling, no attacks. This is my standard disclaimer for all here, so it is in no way meant personally. Those are cereal_killer 's rules and we abide by them here.

Hope that information helps.

best,

Stat
You know what...you're right....my bad.

Yay!! The sun is out. Boo it's cold again. 14 degrees. And everything that melted is now frozen.

I'm off work tomorrow and my daughter is off school. Got to get ready for Thanksgiving and yes, we foolishly are going shopping this weekend too. Gluttons for punishment. LOL

Have a good one.

There is a picture of me when I was still growing my hair and it was longer than yours in that picture.

post it up :)

I already did in the thread for pictures of yourself. :)

ahh well let me go look again, I have probably seen it then :)

W-a-a-a- I wanna see it too and ain't no way I'll wade through that thread.

C'mon Derideo_Te

Post it again ...

Pleeeeeze?

Here you go!

http://www.usmessageboard.com/threa...hy-pictorial-nsfw.258643/page-47#post-8646456

Cute as a bug's ear.

And she's very pretty.

Thanks for indulging me.

Edited to add - I noticed that others said the link didn't take them to the photo. It didn't for me either but I hunted around the general vicinity and found it.

I just reported it to highway dept. maintenance. I have aluminum mags I believe. Not the spoke-type rims.

I just reported it to highway dept. maintenance. I have aluminum mags I believe. Not the spoke-type rims.

You want to have your wheels checked then, because a buckled alloy wheel can be dangerous. I had alloy wheels on one of my bikes and the previous owner warned me not to go up kerbs because it buckles them. Previously I had always had spoked wheels and they will take some punishment, But you have to be carefull with alloy wheels.

I haven't shopped at Lowe's since they displayed their religious intolerance towards Americans.

However...I haven't stopped going to Chik-fil-A as planned. I love those sandwiches.

toxicmedia - a hearty welcome to you at the Cappucino Corral!

Please read the OP to this thread again: no politics, no religion, no trolling, no attacks. Talking about religious intolerance as you worded it is an invitiation for us to go down that path. That path is not an option here at the CC. Though I respect your feelings and your opinions (probably more than you realize), the CC is not the place for this kind of stuff. I think that most of us can live with subtle innuendo now and again, but that is anything but subtle. Can you tone it down? :D

I hope you come by very often, but please remember: no politics, no religion, no trolling, no attacks. This is my standard disclaimer for all here, so it is in no way meant personally. Those are cereal_killer 's rules and we abide by them here.

Hope that information helps.

best,

Stat
You know what...you're right....my bad.

No biggie the first time around. The disclaimer is for everyone, to be totally fair.

At the same time, that shouldn't keep you from having fun here. :D

Hope you are well and prospering.

Stat, I keep forgetting to tell you. One of the ladies in my Bunco club is from Germany. She has such a cute accent....anyway, for some reason I always thought that she was a war bride/GI bride. At the Bunco I was fortunate to sit by her husband and through our conversation I found out that he was from Germany as well. So, I asked him, if he had been in the military and he said no, they are both from Germany and they decided to come here because he is a cook and he knew there were a lot more restaurants here in the US than where he lived. He said they first came to Cleveland, Ohio, then moved to Cincinnati, then some other place and then finally ended up in San Antonio. He just retired a few years ago and moved out here to the Hill Country. He speaks good English, which he learned on his own!:eek: I need to find out what part of Germany....I forgot to ask.

Well, feel free to give them a way to reach me.... and we can chat it up auf Deutsch!

You want to have your wheels checked then, because a buckled alloy wheel can be dangerous. I had alloy wheels on one of my bikes and the previous owner warned me not to go up kerbs because it buckles them. Previously I had always had spoked wheels and they will take some punishment, But you have to be carefull with alloy wheels.
I took a quick look last night but I will take a closer look today & have a mechanic give them a look as well. Thanks.

I have had a lot of trouble there recently as well. They have screwed up several orders for us. I wish we had the old fashioned local hardware stores here but they all went out when HD and Lowes opened.

I guess they are okay for plants, tools, and other things they carry, but not so sure about major jobs, unless you have a lot of patience and don't mind dealing with people that may not be experts in that particular field.

Another big issue is they contract out work. So you never know what you will get. A friend of ours had her kitchen done by them and it was beautiful, another did as well and it looked like a high school shop class built it. It was awful. Of course its warrantied by the Home Depot so they do come back and fix it but its a hassle.

I went through Lowes for my kitchen and they did a great job. I spent a lot of time hands on supervising which might have made a difference but I knew exactly what I wanted and that is what I ended up with. I have had friends comment that it looks like we spent 3 or 4 times what it actually cost.

Speaking of Lowes I had to take back an outdoor lamp that failed. They swapped it out without any hassle at all. In that respect they are better than HD in my opinion.

Well, an update on my Home Depot episode.....I posted where I tried to find some other company and was unsuccessful as all the door companies that I called, don't seem to do bi-fold doors, even though their web-sites say they do. So, Mr Mertex and I were talking and I said, if they only make a certain size door, why can't we hire a carpenter to come and do whatever he has to do to our door frame to make it the size that is needed. So we went back, and this time the other employee, (John, contractor on the side) was really happy to have us come back. He was disappointed that the other employee just let us go without suggesting other possible solutions.....he said we could buy the wider doors and he can cut them to fit, but he's going to do it outside of Home Depot....on his own time and we pay him separately. Anyway, we got a call the other day from him, and he was very apologetic, said Home Depot messed up the order and didn't send it when it was supposed to, but that he had resubmitted it and was checking on it and doors should be here next week. I tell you, if it wasn't for employees like John, Home Depot would probably go out of business....and some employees would help that with their lack of knowledge or interest. Anyway, we think John is going to do a good job....fingers crossed.
We replaced all our doors the beginning of last summer. I choose six panel bi folds for all the closets. Two were an odd size but Lowes had a manufacture that made them special order..twice as much moola though.

The place where we are having them installed is between our den and sunroom. When we had the sunroom built, that area was the outdoor patio, so there were French doors leading out to it. Four Seasons didn't mention the doors and we didn't think about it, but once the sun room was built, if you opened the doors, they would take a lot of room and looked awkward in the den, so we paid someone to come remove them and make the frame one that looks like any going from room to room. However, we have an AC/heating unit in there, and with the opening, it is hard to keep the sunroom warm/cool in the winter/summer. Bi-folds wouldn't take up that much room and when open would be flush with the frame....closing them would keep the warm/cool air in......

Are you still watching Homeland? I can hardly wait for tonight's episode. Also, we started watching "The Affair" - that's another one that is really good.

Funny that I've never gotten into Homeland. Everyone says its great but I've never seen it.

But, love Masters of Sex and The Knick.

I kept hearing people mention Homeland, so I told my husband we needed to watch it. I don't remember how we were able to get the previous episodes, whether it was thru NetFlix or On Demand....but we started from the beginning and I got hooked right away. Every episode leaves you hanging and wanting to see the next one.....same as with Breaking Bad and Dexter. Very few programs do that for me. We watched Master of Sex, but sometimes I feel like it just drags on and the episodes don't leave you hanging....I guess I like excitement.

As far as I am concerned 'homeland' ended at the finish of series two. I struggled to watch series 3 and 4 but gave up because it clashes with premiers of good new films at 9pm on a Sunday night.

Oh, no, not at all. There are 4 Seasons, each one has 12 series/episodes. If you were watching Season 1 you ended it way too soon.....Season 4 just started in October 2014, and it is still as exciting as the first 3 Seasons. Most everyone thought it had ended at the end of Season 3, with the way it ended....but I was surprised to see it come back and thought they surely can't surpass Season 3, but they actually have. I've never seen a Homeland episode that I thought was boring.

And, if it clashes with other programs, you can always record it and watch it later. There's no way I'm going to miss an episode. I'll watch it on my computer if for some reason I miss one and I don't have it taped.

post it up :)

I already did in the thread for pictures of yourself. :)

ahh well let me go look again, I have probably seen it then :)

W-a-a-a- I wanna see it too and ain't no way I'll wade through that thread.

C'mon Derideo_Te

Post it again ...

Pleeeeeze?

Here you go!

http://www.usmessageboard.com/threa...hy-pictorial-nsfw.258643/page-47#post-8646456

Cute as a bug's ear.

And she's very pretty.

Thanks for indulging me.

Edited to add - I noticed that others said the link didn't take them to the photo. It didn't for me either but I hunted around the general vicinity and found it.

Yeah, I happen to know where it is too, and I had already seen it.

GOOD+MORNING+4.gif

Good morning folks.....I'm all dressed up and going shopping today. Gotta get it done, even though I sure don't like it.

Came in to USMB this morning, I had over 25 alerts, but I don't have time to go and respond to them....I'll do it tonight, if I'm not exhausted from all that shopping! :)

Hi Mertex, I can't record anything now as Britain has gone digital and does not transmit analogue signals and my video recorder only works on analogue so it is obsolete. I have not got around to getting a digital system yet.

Forum List

Back