The Cappucino Corral

Finally slept in this morning and woke to a cold rain. We were supposed to be on the road today but changed our minds and will be staying home. YAY!

Just finished my 3rd cup of coffee and circling in on getting some more stuff listed on Ebay and Amazon.

Hope y'all have a terrific day. Stay warm and dry!

Finally slept in this morning and woke to a cold rain. We were supposed to be on the road today but changed our minds and will be staying home. YAY!

Just finished my 3rd cup of coffee and circling in on getting some more stuff listed on Ebay and Amazon.

Hope y'all have a terrific day. Stay warm and dry!
Have fun! No snow or rain expected here until sometime over the weekend. Feel sorry for people who have to travel over the holidays. I did it for many years, it can get rough.

Snow and lots of it for us here in the mountains of New England!! So glad I am not traveling this year!

How nice.....it was always so beautiful looking out my window when I lived in NH.....but you're right, traveling in it is not much fun.

It used to be. Flying used to be so much fun. Now its a huge chore.

But I still love it.

I'm fixing a pecan pie, then I'm going to whip up a green bean casserole and a cranberry relish.....raw cranberries, apples, celery, pecans and gelatin, .....it's delicious. Then I can relax the rest of the evening.....tomorrow all I have to do is ride over with my culinary contribution....along with a couple of bottles of wine, should be fun.

Does anyone else cook with their spouse/partner/family? We really enjoy it and usually end up doing as much laughing as cooking.

Today we made bread and a big pot of potato, leek, garlic soup that turned out SO good. No recipe and its different every time.

And fresh hot bread was perfect with it.

I'm fixing a pecan pie, then I'm going to whip up a green bean casserole and a cranberry relish.....raw cranberries, apples, celery, pecans and gelatin, .....it's delicious. Then I can relax the rest of the evening.....tomorrow all I have to do is ride over with my culinary contribution....along with a couple of bottles of wine, should be fun.

We're going to try a creme brulee pumpkin pie tomorrow.

Sounds yummy and I'll let you know.

Also sounds so rich and calorific that we won't be able to eat anything else!

Snow and lots of it for us here in the mountains of New England!! So glad I am not traveling this year!

How nice.....it was always so beautiful looking out my window when I lived in NH.....but you're right, traveling in it is not much fun.

But I still love it.

I hate flying.....the last time we went to California in 2013, we flew and it wasn't too bad, but it was a direct flight. I hate stopovers and having to navigate crowded airports and sometimes run to make the connection....if it's in the continental US, I'd rather drive, no matter how far.

Does anyone else cook with their spouse/partner/family? We really enjoy it and usually end up doing as much laughing as cooking.

Today we made bread and a big pot of potato, leek, garlic soup that turned out SO good. No recipe and its different every time.

And fresh hot bread was perfect with it.

The extent of my husband's culinary expertise is heating water/soup and spreading peanut butter and jelly on bread.....outside of that forget about it. He hates when I tell people this story:

When we first married, I was going to go get my hair done, but I was going to make spaghetti that evening and I thought how much quicker if he would brown the meat for me while I was at the beauty shop. He said, sure! When I got home, he was busy outside, so I headed for the kitchen looking for the meat, which I thought would be in a frying pan on top of the stove. No, it wasn't. I looked in the fridge, thought it would probably be in a bowl....no luck. I finally had to go outside and ask him where he put it. "It's in the fridge", he said, "on a plate"....on a plate?.....well I looked and looked and finally my eyes landed on this perfectly brown square piece of ground meat. He browned it on both sides....so now you get the picture?

But I still love it.

I hate flying.....the last time we went to California in 2013, we flew and it wasn't too bad, but it was a direct flight. I hate stopovers and having to navigate crowded airports and sometimes run to make the connection....if it's in the continental US, I'd rather drive, no matter how far.

Yeah, I do understand.

I wish our the US had the train service they have in Europe and GB. Its fast, reliable, clean, great food, very comfortable and just nice to look out the window and watch the gorgeous scenery go by.

The best train trip ever was from Paris to the south of France, wine country. We stayed a week at Carcassonne - an incredible medieval walled city - and then took the train north, all the way to Brussels. I don't remember how much the tickets were but I do remember thinking that it was very reasonable.

Flying has gotten so expensive and uncomfortable. Love watching old movies that show a mile of leg room and an actual edible meal being served. Now you eat your bag of nuts of your knees that are up under your chin.

I love the train trips we've taken. One 9 hour trip to Montreal was especially great. The food is served like they do on airplanes now and I prefer the dining car like in Europe but there's always lots of conversation and pretty scenery.

Morning and Happy Thanksgiving, Guys. :)

images

Forum List

Back