The Birth Tax

I am writing it into my will that Jreeves, is one of my children, and will be responsible for that ticket I just bought online to Hawaii, when it is never paid for. :D

BTW that is what my parents left for me. I just don't want to see my children left in the same boat as me....

it isn't rich, but less than 1% of all the people that die each and every year, have enough in their estates to be subject to this tax....

also, there are provisions so that farmers passing along their farm and things like this are not subject to paying it.....no one in usa history has lost their farm in the family because of the estate tax....contrary to what we have been told....i read this just last week.....

no one in the 1% of the americans subject to this tax, is taxed 45% of what they earned and accumilated....

on average, they have paid about 11.5% due to loopholes, deductions, trusts, charity giving and many, many other ways to shield their estates....now granted, they may have the expence of an estate tax lawyer to help them preserve it or get it to where it only averages the 11%!!!

so you want to pick on a minority? that makes it okay?

you are a biggot.

everyone should get equal treatment under the law.

we all should pay taxes when we're alive. If you wan to leave money [you money at that] to your family, more power to you.

These taxes are evil and they serve to divide us.

liberals are evil.

jreeves Man, you're not having very good luck, the national dept is currently 42 trillion and climbing 10 billion a week because of Iraq.
Nice try liar.

Then who is dummy, they had a seven trillion dollar surplus when Bush, the the retard took power.
Are you drunk?

Show me one link where the national deficit is 42 trillion?

I am not saying it's your fault or any other senior's fault. BTW I don't have 2 million dollars in my 401k but I hope too, when I retire. Does that mean I should be penalized for accumulating enough wealth to support myself in retirement? After all Social Security will by most projections not be available to my generation. I have also paid into Social Security my whole life....

Again. I applaud you. :clap2:

I will add that I am sorry that our/your government flucked up and did what it did with Social Security that you and myself paid in. :eusa_eh:

You still haven't explained how one's success means someone else is punished. Do you see wealth as a zero-sum equation, meaning the more I have, then less is available for you?

First of all. I don't equate wealth with success.

If the more you have is the result of unfair exploitation of fellow humans then, yes, there is less wealth available, not just to to me but to both of us.

Again. I applaud you. :clap2:

I will add that I am sorry that our/your government flucked up and did what it did with Social Security that you and myself paid in. :eusa_eh:

Thank you, for the apology....

people are going to be shocked when they are not "rich". If you aren't rich....you are going to be homeless in retirement...

First of all. I don't equate wealth with success.

If the more you have is the result of unfair exploitation of fellow humans then, yes, there is less wealth available, not just to to me but to both of us.

Wealth is not a zero-sum equation. We both can have more regardless of what anyone else does, if we make smart decisions, and take the right risks at the right time. Wealth is created by success, so the two are linked IMO.

I don't know what you mean by "unfair exploitation of fellow humans", so please explain that further.

Wealth is not a zero-sum equation. We both can have more regardless of what anyone else does, if we make smart decisions, and take the right risks at the right time. Wealth is created by success, so the two are linked IMO.

I don't know what you mean by "unfair exploitation of fellow humans", so please explain that further.

You know exactly what I'm talking about. Go try bull shit someone else. That would be a "smart decision" for you.

You know exactly what I'm talking about. Go try bull shit someone else. That would be a "smart decision" for you.

certainly you can acknowledge that people can become wealthy without ever exploiting anyone, yes?

Last edited:
Thank you, for the apology....

people are going to be shocked when they are not "rich". If you aren't rich....you are going to be homeless in retirement...

:eusa_shifty: Looks around :eusa_shifty: I am not homeless .... yet! But if something doesn't change ... you will be for sure ... if nothing is changed. :doubt: So instead of posting here about it ... have you written to your local, state and federal representives, about it? Because I HAVE!!!

No, honestly I don't. If you're so uncomfortable discussing your position on this matter, then perhaps you haven't thought it through very well. I've been very respectful trying to learn your position on this, and you respond like this.

so you want to pick on a minority? that makes it okay?

you are a biggot.

everyone should get equal treatment under the law.

we all should pay taxes when we're alive. If you wan to leave money [you money at that] to your family, more power to you.

These taxes are evil and they serve to divide us.

liberals are evil.

i might be a bigot in your book but you are just plain dumb or are playing dumb and are clueless on this subject with your bigot ''lable'' for me.....

btw my child, sticks and stones may break my bones but silly names will never hurt me.....you should know that rhyme well, being close to kindergarden and all......!!! :))

i will be affected by the estate tax when my parent's pass....i do have something at stake, so to say....but i'm ok with it, as long as it is not too high, and netting 11% is not that high of a tax at all.....

:lol: that's it? only if they win the lottery? otherwise, so-called wealthy people are merely demons in disguise??

Don't get all defensive. Demon is your word not mine.

You may have missed where I said unfair exploitation.

But I would be surprised to learn of any wealthy person who did not come by their wealth in a way that did not at some level take advantage of the working poor. Whether it be in this country or overseas.

Forum List

Back