The Birth Tax

:lol: that's it? only if they win the lottery? otherwise, so-called wealthy people are merely demons in disguise??

;) Sorry ... Glori ... but I just noticed (under your name) "Born Free" ....

God! I hope that our future generations will be able to say that. :eusa_pray: .... but to be honest I think the only one's that will be able to say it are the illegal aliens that keep sneaking in. :cuckoo:

:eusa_shifty: Looks around :eusa_shifty: I am not homeless .... yet! But if something doesn't change ... you will be for sure ... if nothing is changed. :doubt: So instead of posting here about it ... have you written to your local, state and federal representives, about it? Because I HAVE!!!

You just made my point....if you don't accumulate wealth you will be homeless. That doesn't make you greedy, needing to be taxed excessively, in the event of your death. I have wrote my representatives with one response to date...

You just made my point....if you don't accumulate wealth you will be homeless. That doesn't make you greedy, needing to be taxed excessively, in the event of your death. I have wrote my representatives with one response to date...

You sound like you think you can take it with you.

Well if its anybody who owns property that transfers it to their children that gets taxed. The question is if anybody is wealthy? Do you honestly believe anybody who owns property is wealthy?

This statement was false, and I haven't yet seen you admit that it was false.

Not "everybody" pays the estate tax. Less than 1% of people do.

Will you admit you were wrong?

Don't get all defensive. Demon is your word not mine.

You may have missed where I said unfair exploitation.

But I would be surprised to learn of any wealthy person who did not come by their wealth in a way that did not at some level take advantage of the working poor. Whether it be in this country or overseas.

I have a feeling that "take advantage of the working poor" means "giving them a job at the prevailing local wage".

This statement was false, and I haven't yet seen you admit that it was false.

Not "everybody" pays the estate tax. Less than 1% of people do.

Will you admit you were wrong?

In your strict interpretation, look at the retirement calculator....if you don't have 2 million in retirement funds your SOL...

my parents are wealthy and earned their wealth for the most part, outside of inheriting my Italian grandparent's money....dad was not even a high school grad when he married mom...

they just saved every penny they made, no vacations, no eating out, no movies the entire time i lived with them....mom even sewed our clothes so they could save, they gave my sis and i nothing for free, made us earn our own money to buy things, took me two years working after school to save the $500 bucks to buy my first car, a used, green, chevy nova!!!!! which i loved!!!! lol

my husband and i are poor....still no helping hand from them other than 4 years ago, they bought me a hyundai for 11k, cuz my car was 16 years old.....and they thought i was going to get killed driving it!!!!

:clap2: for contacting your representives! :clap2:

I seriously doubt that you will answer this, and you have EVERY right not to ... but how old are you? I am just curious. :lol:

You missed, in the event of my death...I should be able to leave that to my kids without a 45% tax being levied on it...

Your kids don't need your money according to Mr Right. They just need to make "smart decisions".
And what about that talk about fiscal discipline?

Why do they need your money if they can make their own?

Last edited:
Your kids don't need your money according to Mr Right. They just need to make "smart decisions".
And that talk about fiscal discipline?

Why do they need your money if they can make their own?

The better question, is if it's my money, why can't I do with it as I please?

In your strict interpretation, look at the retirement calculator....if you don't have 2 million in retirement funds your SOL...

So you're going to be intellectually dishonest, and change your argument once your original argument was debunked.

Sounds like something a Rush Limbaugh fan would do. You said everybody pays the estate tax. You were wrong, you got busted, and then you changed your argument.

We're not talking about three decades from now when you or I are retired. I agree, in three decades a net worth of two million probably won't be considered all that rich.

We're talking about TODAY. Very few people (0.8%) have a net worth of two million dollars.

The better question, is if it's my money, why can't I do with it as I please?

It's only your money after taxes. And we pay taxes in the hopes that the wealth will be spread around more evenly. Including making sure some children don't starve or miss out on medical care, housing and education just so other children can get a head start on getting rich.

So you're going to be intellectually dishonest, and change your argument once your original argument was debunked.

Sounds like something a Rush Limbaugh fan would do. You said everybody pays the estate tax. You were wrong, you got busted, and then you changed your argument.

We're not talking about three decades from now when you or I are retired. I agree, in three decades a net worth of two million probably won't be considered all that rich.

We're talking about TODAY. Very few people (0.8%) have a net worth of two million dollars.

I actually can't stand the guy....

If you were to retire today, you would need 2 million dollars for a middle class lifestyle....the estate tax doesn't work off of net worth, it works off of gross wealth.

It's only your money after taxes. And we pay taxes in the hopes that the wealth will be spread around more evenly. Including making sure some children don't starve or miss out on medical care, housing and education just so other children can get a head start on getting rich.

You may pay taxes for that sole purpose....but I pay taxes to support my government.

Forum List

Back