The Birth Tax

less than 1% of all the people that die each and every year, have enough in their estates to be subject to this tax....
so let's agree to stop pretending that people are more rich than they actually are.

no one in usa history has lost their farm in the family because of the estate tax....contrary to what we have been told....i read this just last week.....
link please

on average, they have paid about 11.5% due to loopholes, deductions, trusts, charity giving and many, many other ways to shield their estates....now granted, they may have the expense of an estate tax lawyer to help them preserve it or get it to where it only averages the 11%!!!
loopholes, deductions, shields and charity are your friend!!

Unfortunately us younger folks aren't going to benefit from taxing our children to pay for our retirement. So it will take us more money to take care of ourselves....

Sorry. But I paid into Social Security for over forty years ... if that is what you are referring to?

We that are "retired working American's" did not cause the problem.

If you will be able to collect & SAVE over two million dollars before you retire. I applaud you! :clap2: You must have one hellva job!

Last edited:
Sorry. But I paid into Social Security for over forty years ... if that is what you are referring to?

If you will be able to collect & SAVE over two million dollars before you retire. A applaud you! :clap2: You must have one hellva job!

Jeeves just has an enormous chip on his/her shoulder. Enjoy your golden years.

Well, either you just don't get what I am saying or I didn't explain it well or it just isn't even worth my time explaining further because you seem to equate hoarding wealth while your neighbor lives at substandard levels as "succeeding".

So people who are fiscally displined are inherentily bad....Wow...

Well, either you just don't get what I am saying or I didn't explain it well or it just isn't even worth my time explaining further because you seem to equate hoarding wealth while your neighbor lives at substandard levels as "succeeding".

You still haven't explained how one's success means someone else is punished. Do you see wealth as a zero-sum equation, meaning the more I have, then less is available for you?

i was thinking that myself jreeves...WHY THE HELL do they make things SOOOOO complicated...just to confuse us and keep our heads spinning or to keep tax lawyers in business, who knows?

It's just absolutely crazy the way our tax laws and deductions are writen, absolutely crazy!!!

At least we can agree, simplify the tax code...

So people who are fiscally displined are inherentily bad....Wow...

Nice try, Jeeves.

Please explain to me how inheriting money equates with being fiscally disciplined.

Being selfish is part of being human. But it just amazes me the extent to which people will rationalize their selfishness away.

If you will be able to collect & SAVE over two million dollars before you retire. A applaud you! :clap2: You must have one hellva job!

I am not saying it's your fault or any other senior's fault. BTW I don't have 2 million dollars in my 401k but I hope too, when I retire. Does that mean I should be penalized for accumulating enough wealth to support myself in retirement? After all Social Security will by most projections not be available to my generation. I have also paid into Social Security my whole life....

Nice try, Jeeves.

Please explain to me how inheriting money equates with being fiscally disciplined.

Being selfish is part of being human. But it just amazes me the extent to which people will rationalize their selfishness away.

If I am fiscally displined during my lifetime and want to leave my money to my kids, so that they can have a better life than myself, what is selfish about that?

I am writing it into my will that Jreeves, is one of my children, and will be responsible for that ticket I just bought online to Hawaii, when it is never paid for. :D

Republicans have cleverly turned the inheritance tax into the "Death Tax". Of couse this tax applies to very few individuals, most people don't have anywhere near enough money when they die to be subject to this tax. But it does reduce revenue by a sizable amount. This and other tax cuts for the wealthy elite and the multinational corporations who have no allegiance to anything but their bottom lines have served to run up the national debt to the TEN TRILLION DOLLAR RANGE!!!!.

The result of this debt is that all people born in this country are born with a heavy tax burden, which will likely not be payed off in their liftimes.

The Republicans have created the "BIRTH TAX"

Who are you to steal other people's hard earned money and give it to those who produce nothing?

Are you against inheritance?

Do you want to leave anything to your children or other relatives?

Your thinking destroys people's lives and creates more poverty.

But that's what makes you feel better. Bringing down a small business man's family who might do okay if he could leave them some money but no, you want it to go to some crack head slut who can't stop having babies who are addicted to drugs.

You and your ilk disgust me. I loath everything about you and your comie pinko ways. Go shave your arm pits freak!

so let's agree to stop pretending that people are more rich than they actually are.

link please

loopholes, deductions, shields and charity are your friend!!

they might be our friends, but it is ridiculous that they have to be or you have to have the money to hire someone who can show you how to use them...our tax codes are extremely complicated...

Believe me when i say i was all for repealing or reforming the estate tax, when i thought the feds were taking 50% of everyone's estates when they die....

Until i did alot of reading up on it and delved in to it from all angles and looked at what CBO reported and the IRS reported, as what was actually being paid...

Here is the link on the farm info:

The Estate Tax and Family Farms

We recognize the importance of protecting America's family farms, and the estate tax has many special provisions that do so. But this concern — the rationale usually advanced for eliminating the estate tax — can be addressed by amending the existing estate tax system.

The effect of the estate tax on farms has been greatly exaggerated.
According to the IRS, of the 2.3 million people who died in 1998, only 650 left an estate with significant farm assets. A Treasury Department analysis found that estates that included family farms paid less than 1% of all estate taxes. On April 8, 2001, the New York Times reported that the pro-repeal American Farm Bureau Foundation could not cite a single case of a family farm lost due to the estate tax.

RW - Tax Fairness: Estate Tax and Family Farms

Last edited:
jreeves
For one the national debt isn't 10 trillion its 9.4 trillion.
Man, you're not having very good luck, the national dept is currently 42 trillion and climbing 10 billion a week because of Iraq.
Nice try liar.

Secondly if you think that the conservatives are solely to blame for the national deficit you are clueless.
Then who is dummy, they had a seven trillion dollar surplus when Bush, the the retard took power.
Are you drunk?

RetirementSavingsCalcTest.xls

God you all are dumb, 2 million isn't rich....it's what you need to maintain a healthy lifestyle...

It doesn't mater what you feel, or what you think.

The fact is, your link and the other links show that less than 1% of people die and leave an estate worth over two million dollars. Those are the only estates being taxed, because of the generous tax exemption.

You started out saying that everybody pays the inheritance tax.

You were wrong.

Why can't you admit you were wrong? What is it about republicans being unable to admit they were wrong? Its very immature and childish, you know.

Forum List

Back