The Bible vs. The Book of Mormon

It's been 20 years since I've seen The Book of Mormon. I went cover to cover to compare. It did not satisfy me then. It did Not Reach Me like The Bible does. That Said, God is More than The Bible or The Book Of Mormon, and is not limited like Us. God is not for Us to Package and Peddle, but to Adhere to Above All Else. What Ever Your Path, keep Conscience close. That is the Important thing, in the relationship with God, in the here and now. Rather than buying and selling philosophies and dogma, be the example of what You Know. We all Fuck that up, being what and who We are, that is all the more reason to strive, the reminder that We are not there Yet, where We need to get. There is supposed to be a Time where Each knows His or Her Way, in matters of Spiritual Direction. Pray for that Time.

The title of this thread sucks. It's not about making the two books battle. Also you hit the nail on the head. God is far more important than the books he inspires. It's more important to keep a close relationship with Him through prayer and revelation than anything. I'm sorry you didn't like the Book of Mormon so much, but to each their own. It reaches me like nothing else.

It's been 20 years since I've seen The Book of Mormon. I went cover to cover to compare. It did not satisfy me then. It did Not Reach Me like The Bible does. That Said, God is More than The Bible or The Book Of Mormon, and is not limited like Us. God is not for Us to Package and Peddle, but to Adhere to Above All Else. What Ever Your Path, keep Conscience close. That is the Important thing, in the relationship with God, in the here and now. Rather than buying and selling philosophies and dogma, be the example of what You Know. We all Fuck that up, being what and who We are, that is all the more reason to strive, the reminder that We are not there Yet, where We need to get. There is supposed to be a Time where Each knows His or Her Way, in matters of Spiritual Direction. Pray for that Time.

The title of this thread sucks. It's not about making the two books battle. Also you hit the nail on the head. God is far more important than the books he inspires. It's more important to keep a close relationship with Him through prayer and revelation than anything. I'm sorry you didn't like the Book of Mormon so much, but to each their own. It reaches me like nothing else.

I bet You'd get a kick out of "Imitation Of Christ" or if You Really Really Really want to Freak out Your Elders... "A Course In Miracles".

I bet You'd get a kick out of "Imitation Of Christ" or if You Really Really Really want to Freak out Your Elders... "A Course In Miracles".

Nobody cares what I read in my church. What's the gist of those two books?

There is only one way to know that. You might find reviews though. Imitation sort of puts you in the shoes, Catholic Rooted. Miracles much more New Age... Angels ...Powers... Space....More Space. Remember where We started. Never lose sight of it. If You do Drop Everything till it's restored. :) :) :)

There is only one way to know that. You might find reviews though. Imitation sort of puts you in the shoes, Catholic Rooted. Miracles much more New Age... Angels ...Powers... Space....More Space. Remember where We started. Never lose sight of it. If You do Drop Everything till it's restored. :) :) :)

k

mohammed came after jesus, so he already read the parts of the bible that were written before he lived.

mohammed came after jesus, so he already read the parts of the bible that were written before he lived.

I doubt that Muhammad read the same books we read in today's Bible. In fact I can guarantee it. It wasn't available in the same form back then. Certainly not in arabic either. Muhammad founded his own religion and I don't think was overly reverent of Jesus. but dang..... We're off topic again aren't we?

The first time jesus woulda made a pass at mohammed, mo woulda killed him.

T, the only thing you can guarantee is that you have no real proof about the wild claims your religion makes. Now go change your magic diapers, they must be full by now. :lol:

I doubt that Muhammad read the same books we read in today's Bible. In fact I can guarantee it. It wasn't available in the same form back then. Certainly not in arabic either. Muhammad founded his own religion and I don't think was overly reverent of Jesus. but dang..... We're off topic again aren't we?
The works were written Latin, Greek, Hebrew, Aramaic, and Arabic. Mohammed read three of the five languages. He knew the Bible.

I'm sure Moses was well educated, even on Hammurabi's Code, Jesus was off the Charts, Mohammed, by his teachings, far behind. If I wanted to be the Mostest Bestest Totalitarian Dictator in The World, If I wanted to Rule like the Anti-Christ, He'd definitely be first pick.

The works were written Latin, Greek, Hebrew, Aramaic, and Arabic. Mohammed read three of the five languages. He knew the Bible.

I'd like to see some documentation that even suggests he read the writings of the apostles or the old testament.

I'd like to see some documentation that even suggests he read the writings of the apostles or the old testament.

T, all of a sudden you want some proof? WTF? :lol:
I thought your faith was built on the lack of proof. :rofl:

T, all of a sudden you want some proof? WTF? :lol:
I thought your faith was built on the lack of proof. :rofl:

Don't we have some of Mohammed's crayon drawing projects buried away somewhere?:lol:

I bet he was good with horses though? Wasn't his horse named Barack?

Forum List

Back