Zone1 Science has settled that The Book of Mormon people didn't exist

Cougarbear

Gold Member
Jan 29, 2022
So, I continually get posts about the fact that the people of The Book of Mormon, their writings and other things have never been uncovered by scientists and archeologists. My take on what has been uncovered may still be some of the civilizations written about in The Book of Mormon. But, my comeback to those who use this as their argument against the book is that we have actually unearthed and studied a small fraction of the many civilizations that have existed in the Americas, especially in South America and Mexico. Well, here is a brand new finding of this massive extent that Lidar radar has been finding. As stated in the article of Science News, this civilization existed around 500 B.C. which would make it 100 years after Lehi and Nephi came to the Americas from the Jerusalem region.

So, I continually get posts about the fact that the people of The Book of Mormon, their writings and other things have never been uncovered by scientists and archeologists. My take on what has been uncovered may still be some of the civilizations written about in The Book of Mormon. But, my comeback to those who use this as their argument against the book is that we have actually unearthed and studied a small fraction of the many civilizations that have existed in the Americas, especially in South America and Mexico. Well, here is a brand new finding of this massive extent that Lidar radar has been finding. As stated in the article of Science News, this civilization existed around 500 B.C. which would make it 100 years after Lehi and Nephi came to the Americas from the Jerusalem region.

there is some evidence that south america was visited by phoenicians. seems reasonable that sailing ships near the azores or canaries could be carried by wind or storm ......

mormonism requires at least as much faith as any religion, but it is a long way from a few artifacts to a proof of the mormon book.

there is some evidence that south america was visited by phoenicians. seems reasonable that sailing ships near the azores or canaries could be carried by wind or storm ......

mormonism requires at least as much faith as any religion, but it is a long way from a few artifacts to a proof of the mormon book.

Correct. What’s important is for people to realize we know very little about ancient civilizations that are unknown in the Americas. Even little about those we have some information. So, faith is required. Based on the foundation of the Holy Ghost witness to the believers.

Correct. What’s important is for people to realize we know very little about ancient civilizations that are unknown in the Americas. Even little about those we have some information. So, faith is required. Based on the foundation of the Holy Ghost witness to the believers.
realizing the period we're talking about is about 2000-3000 years ago. there is growing evidence for a comet , not the yucatan event of 66M years ago, the dinosaur killer, but a tanguska style atmospheric breakup over north america about 13,000 years ago that may have wiped out the megafauna as well as most of the clovis peoples.

another site to look is the sea. water levels were much lower during the ice age, and you may have noticed that most people like to live near seas and rivers (and even salt lakes)

So, you are saying that dinosaurs weren’t wiped out until 13,000 years ago and not 66 million years ago.

A life changer .
But what Morons and where ?

Yet so pleased that I have one thing less to worry about should I ever get involved in this Moron story at some tragic future moment in my life .

A life changer .
But what Morons and where ?

Yet so pleased that I have one thing less to worry about should I ever get involved in this Moron story at some tragic future moment in my life .
What kind of people behave like you? The fact is, science hasn’t 1% of all the information lost it the forests and places not yet found. You want to hang on to your prejudice with less than 1% knowledge?

Many Mayan ruins from the same time period have already been discovered. Why don't any of them comport with the Book of Mormon?

Many Mayan ruins from the same time period have already been discovered. Why don't any of them comport with the Book of Mormon?
Are you comprehension challenged. There’s no reason to think those ruins aren’t part of some of the civilizations. Languages in the Americas changed completely within 50 years. No reason suspect the writings would contain that information.
The real fact is what has been found now is less than 1% of what is known. LiDAR has revealed massive large civilizations not yet uncovered. What would be your proof is there. My proof is the Holy Ghost.

Nephi (/ˈniːˌfaɪ/) is one of the central figures described in the Book of Mormon. In the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, he is described as the son of Lehi, a prophet, and the founder of the Nephite people. He is also the author of the first two books of the Book of Mormon, First and Second Nephi.
Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia › wiki
Nephi, son of Lehi - Wikipedia

Anyone can write a new Bible story and claim God inspired them or an angel visited.

Forum List

Back