The Bible vs. The Book of Mormon

The works were written Latin, Greek, Hebrew, Aramaic, and Arabic. Mohammed read three of the five languages. He knew the Bible.

I'd like to see some documentation that even suggests he read the writings of the apostles or the old testament.

T, all of a sudden you want some proof? WTF? :lol:
I thought your faith was built on the lack of proof. :rofl:

It wouldn't affect my opinion either way, but somebody made a claim that Muhammad read the Bible and I doubt that. If he did, it wouldn't change my beliefs, it just means he interpreted it differently than Christians, or he disagreed with it entirely. I'd like to know where Muslims get their opinion of Jesus, if not the Bible.

Well, Truth, old boy, M's knowledge of Abraham, and Moses, and Jesus, et al (that means and others), either came from (1) he pulled it out of his butt, or (2) he got it from the Jewish and Christian scriptures, or (3) he received revelations. Which version do you prefer?

Well, Truth, old boy, M's knowledge of Abraham, and Moses, and Jesus, et al (that means and others), either came from (1) he pulled it out of his butt, or (2) he got it from the Jewish and Christian scriptures, or (3) he received revelations. Which version do you prefer?

I'd like to know which ones he actually had. I doubt he had the old King James Version handy. I wonder how much of the new testament he read? And which books currently in the KJV he had access to. And I'd like to know how he get's his interpretation that Jesus is not the son of God.

I would like to learn more about Mohammed(Muhammad? I can never remember which one is correct) but I'm too busy studying my own religion.

Last edited:
I don't have an hour nor do I care

Just remember this

The people who wrote the bible are the same people who thought the world was flat
Evidence??

In the bible, it referred to the earth as round and even made referrence to the "disk of the Earth".

When in fact, the Earth is more a solid Sphere( a lumpy Ellipsoidial, actually ) and Disks are round flat things. Even the Homology between the Earth(3-D object) and a disk(2-D) are not the same.

I think they're wandering around that vast empty expanse called their minds. We should force them all to live in Utah, nowhere else.... then nuke the fucking place. Human average intelligence would then go up for sure.

Well, then I suppose it's mighty nice of you to set off your nuclear bomb in person. May I suggest testing it in the middle of no where first? That way you can make sure you do it right.

I think they're wandering around that vast empty expanse called their minds. We should force them all to live in Utah, nowhere else.... then nuke the fucking place. Human average intelligence would then go up for sure.

:udaman:
A whip for the horse, a bridle for the ass, and a rod for the fool's back.
~Proverbs 26:3

Apparently this guy needs a bridle too. It's too bad whips are only for horses.

Well, then I suppose it's mighty nice of you to set off your nuclear bomb in person. May I suggest testing it in the middle of no where first? That way you can make sure you do it right.

Shouldn't you be turning the other cheek instead of wanting my death? :eek:

I bet you all take the horse whip to your women and children.

How much would you like to bet?

Shouldn't you be turning the other cheek instead of wanting my death? :eek:

I bet you all take the horse whip to your women and children.

Im not wishing for your death. I just think if you want to commit genocide you ought to test out your equipment first.

OK, Jake wanders in from the outside and finds talk of nukes and genocide.

Jake shakes his head, tiptoes back to the door, slides through and shuts it so very softly so as not to attract any bomber's attention, then runs very quickly far far away.

Jake shakes his head, tiptoes back to the door, slides through and shuts it so very softly so as not to attract any bomber's attention, then runs very quickly far far away.

Thanks for the helping hand. We're about to die here!

Thanks for the helping hand. We're about to die here!
Tells ya how hateful some people can be and how chicken many really are.

I bet you anything that you couldn't find 5 mormons who think that women are equal to men and that men should share in the child rearing and cooking... and that it's perfectly ok for the woman to be the bread winner in the family.
You'd lose and I am not a Mormon.

I bet you anything that you couldn't find 5 mormons who think that women are equal to men and that men should share in the child rearing and cooking... and that it's perfectly ok for the woman to be the bread winner in the family.

1 vote here. Any others?

I can identify a dozen LDS adult males who would turn of your statement, Cody Wilde, in three seconds.

The LDS was historically racist. It still has problems with sexuality and gender. But it has moved forward the best it can into the 21st century. Give credit where credit is due.

1 vote here. Any others?

I have no doubt. I'm sure there are a few scattered around here and there. Conscience is a funny thing, sometimes You just know.

Forum List

Back