The Bible eternal word?

Theowl32

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2013
Just curious here. For believers, it is understood that the Bible is the eternal word. Meaning it has an eternal PURPOSE. Right?

Especially the gospels. I mean why would the Holy Spirit document what Christ said, if not for an eternal purpose?

Is that true? This is what I believe anyway. I also know there are many different interpretations of the Bible. I was once confronted by a Baptist preacher (I think he was a Baptist.) Anyway, he told me that unless it is written in the KJV version, that it is not the true word of God. I asked him if he can point out where it says that in the KJV. He looked at me perplexed. I think he thought it was a rude question, but I was making a point and he knew it.

He acknowledged of course that what he said, is not written in there, and it was ridiculous question. I said it was a rhetorical question. It was meant to make a point, and all of us hate it when we are challenged. I said the bottom line is YOU TOLD ME that if it is not written in the KJV version, that it is not of God. I said what he said was NOT written in there. Not in any way. Not one prophetic statement by any prophet inspired by the Holy Spirit that said the ONLY TRUE VERSION of the ETERNAL WORD would be written in the year 1611. I asked since ALL Christianity is based on the TRUE WORD and since the ONLY TRUE VERSION of that ETERNAL WORD was not written until 1611, why wouldn't ONE PROPHET have stated such a thing? Not even a hint. Nothing.

I told him he feels fortunate that he is able to get access to the ONLY TRUE VERSION, since so many Christians for 1611 years did not really have that ONLY TRUE VERSION? I pointed out too that the ORIGINAL KJV had the 7 books of the apocrypha that some refer to as the deuterocanonicals.

Anyway, is the Bible the eternal WORD and everything recorded that Jesus spoke had an eternal purpose? Is that the truth we are to accept as believers? .

Anyway, is the Bible the eternal WORD and everything recorded that Jesus spoke had an eternal purpose? Is that the truth we are to accept as believers? .

How a person interprets what is written determines what they believe or don't believe.

Many people claim that genesis is an account of the creation of the universe, solar system, first human being, etc. Many people profess to believe this even though the evidence presented by reality contradicts that story.

Are they right to set aside reality and just believe?

What of those who do not believe the story precisely because it contradicts known facts about reality?

Are they wrong to accept reality and not believe?

Personally I do not accept anyone else's opinions of the subjects in scripture if they do not understand how what they believe could be true and cannot explain it rationally. I do not even know how a person can profess to believe in something that they cannot understand or explain..

Scripture is full of the claims of being a revelation of truth from a higher sphere of intelligent life easy enough for a child to understand according to Jesus.

Why does a person have to believe or not believe anything before they find an explanation that fits that constraint, easy to understand?

Last edited:
No, it is not, it is a book of books collected and collaborated upon by Roman priest and clergy that adopted what they wanted to put in the Book of books. Man wrote it, I wouldn't trust it..

How a person interprets what is written determines what they believe or don't believe.

Many people claim that genesis is an account of the creation of the universe, solar system, first human being, etc. Many people profess to believe this even though the evidence presented by reality contradicts that story.

What of those who do not believe the story precisely because it contradicts known facts about reality?

Personally I do not accept anyone else's opinions of the subjects in scripture if they do not understand how what they believe could be true and cannot explain it rationally. I do not even know how a person can believe in something they can't understand.

Scripture if full of the claims of being a revelation of truth by definition easy enough for a child to understand according to Jesus.

Why does a person have to believe or not believe anything before they find an explanation that fits that constraint?
Well, there are many things are subject to interpretations. I know human pride in many will say that I will have my own interpretation and no other person needs to explain anything to me.

As far as the first stories of creation. It is very basic, and we can probably presume (assuming it is the true word of God) that we were not and really ARE NOT able to grasp a lot. We can see the very first words of Genesis...IN THE BEGINNING GOD CREATED THE HEAVENS AND THE EARTH. That TIME, SPACE and MATTER.

Anyway, you are acknowledging that it is the ETERNAL WORD? That the gospels and every utterance of Christ documented by the GOSPELS was for an ETERNAL PURPOSE?

No, it is not, it is a book of books collected and collaborated upon by Roman priest and clergy that adopted what they wanted to put in the Book of books. Man wrote it, I wouldn't trust it..
Yes, I understand that you do not have the Holy Spirit. Perhaps one day. Until then, you are simply an unbeliever. Simply put.

Personally I do not accept anyone else's opinions of the subjects in scripture if they do not understand how what they believe could be true and cannot explain it rationally. I do not even know how a person can believe in something they can't understand.

Scripture if full of the claims of being a revelation of truth by definition easy enough for a child to understand according to Jesus.

Why does a person have to believe or not believe anything before they find an explanation that fits that constraint?
Well, there are many things are subject to interpretations. I know human pride in many will say that I will have my own interpretation and no other person needs to explain anything to me.

As far as the first stories of creation. It is very basic, and we can probably presume (assuming it is the true word of God) that we were not and really ARE NOT able to grasp a lot. We can see the very first words of Genesis...IN THE BEGINNING GOD CREATED THE HEAVENS AND THE EARTH. That TIME, SPACE and MATTER.

Anyway, you are acknowledging that it is the ETERNAL WORD? That the gospels and every utterance of Christ documented by the GOSPELS was for an ETERNAL PURPOSE?

Light was spoken into existence illuminating a world what was without form (Law) and void. and darkness (confusion) covered the face of the deep, (the unknown.)

Its is not about the beginning of space and time.... Thats silly.

Anyway to answer you question, no. The books of the bible do not have an eternal purpose even though it may teach eternal truths.

Jesus made it clear that the sword that he sent though the nations, a curse in a cup of wine, would only be in effect until "The times of the Gentiles are fulfilled."

If ever people realize that the bodily ascension of Jesus was not about him floating up into the sky should they continue to teach their children that Jesus floated up into the sky?

Or would the hidden purpose being fulfilled, comprehension, put an end to it?

The time has come for you to learn to sing a new song.

Last edited:
Yes, I understand that you do not have the Holy Spirit. Perhaps one day. Until then, you are simply an unbeliever. Simply put.
I have the Holy Spirit and it says the book is all wrong...I just talk to him one on one cut out all the B.S.

Considering the bible, as everyone knows it today, is fully shaped by a catechumen and his council, i would say no.

Please, the Bible is a historical account of certain peoples existence and the development of religions through literature in time. Of which 3/4 is ignored by the so-called practitioners.

Light was spoken into existence illuminating a world what was without form (Law) and void. and darkness (confusion) covered the face of the deep, (the unknown.)

Anyway to answer you question, no. The books of the bible do not have an eternal purpose even though it may teach eternal truths.

Jesus made it clear that the sword that he sent though the nations, a curse in a cup of wine, would only be in effect until "The times of the Gentiles are fulfilled."

If ever people realize that the bodily ascension of Jesus was not about him floating up into the sky should they continue to teach their children that Jesus floated up into the sky?

You appear to have a lot of things figured out. So, what would the hidden purpose of the ascension be? Did not happen? Did happen?

Also, when the word says IN THE BEGINNING, that refers to TIME. As it also acknowledges time later.
ecclesiastes-3-1-8.jpg

If there was NO TIME then the bible would NOT mention a BEGINNING. Unless, you are saying all of that does not mean that.

Is that it?

Just curious here. For believers, it is understood that the Bible is the eternal word. Meaning it has an eternal PURPOSE. Right?

Especially the gospels. I mean why would the Holy Spirit document what Christ said, if not for an eternal purpose?

Is that true? This is what I believe anyway. I also know there are many different interpretations of the Bible. I was once confronted by a Baptist preacher (I think he was a Baptist.) Anyway, he told me that unless it is written in the KJV version, that it is not the true word of God. I asked him if he can point out where it says that in the KJV. He looked at me perplexed. I think he thought it was a rude question, but I was making a point and he knew it.

He acknowledged of course that what he said, is not written in there, and it was ridiculous question. I said it was a rhetorical question. It was meant to make a point, and all of us hate it when we are challenged. I said the bottom line is YOU TOLD ME that if it is not written in the KJV version, that it is not of God. I said what he said was NOT written in there. Not in any way. Not one prophetic statement by any prophet inspired by the Holy Spirit that said the ONLY TRUE VERSION of the ETERNAL WORD would be written in the year 1611. I asked since ALL Christianity is based on the TRUE WORD and since the ONLY TRUE VERSION of that ETERNAL WORD was not written until 1611, why wouldn't ONE PROPHET have stated such a thing? Not even a hint. Nothing.

I told him he feels fortunate that he is able to get access to the ONLY TRUE VERSION, since so many Christians for 1611 years did not really have that ONLY TRUE VERSION? I pointed out too that the ORIGINAL KJV had the 7 books of the apocrypha that some refer to as the deuterocanonicals.

Read a word-for-word translation like the English Standard Version or the New Revised Standard Version. These literal translations weigh words and phrases directly against the original Hebrew, Greek, and Aramaic. Thought-for-thought translations are fine if that's your pleasure, but can leave a little wiggle room for editor discretion. Whatever you read, stay away from paraphrased translations like the Living Bible and the Scofield Bible.

You appear to have a lot of things figured out. So, what would the hidden purpose of the ascension be? Did not happen? Did happen?

Also, when the word says IN THE BEGINNING, that refers to TIME. As it also acknowledges time later.
ecclesiastes-3-1-8.jpg

If there was NO TIME then the bible would NOT mention a BEGINNING. Unless, you are saying all of that does not mean that.

Is that it?
Excellent questions!

to answer your first question, yes, the bodily ascension actually happened, it was just not about Jesus floating up into the sky. It alludes to his daily struggle after he was resurrected from the dead after being held captive in a tomb of pharisaic beliefs and practices ever since he was born during a time and in a place where dissent was criminal.

Only the righteous application of the law leads to the fulfillment of the promise of a new eternal existence in the kingdom of God, Heaven.

There is no other way for the resurrected dead to bodily ascend into heaven.

To answer your second question, "In the beginning" refers to the time when the light of divine law was given around 6000 years ago, from an extraterrestrial source, in a world that had been without shape and void and darkness covered the face of the deep for the previous millions of years of human evolution.

The law is the firmament, the basis, for existence in the kingdom of heaven where God is the only light.,

The lesser light that rules the night is the law of the jungle.

And yes, there is a time for everything..a time for a beginning and a time for an end.

Its about time you put away childish things and its about time you put on your big boy pants.

Last edited:
hobelim said:
Not Exactly

The Creation Starts With Light & Dark
And Progresses To The Creation Of Man

hobelim said:
Not Exactly

The law is the light spoken into existence.

A light that divides the darkness by teaching people to distinguish between clean and unclean, right and wrong, true from false, good and evil, life from death.

The creation of man was just a story of a superior intelligence trying to teach someone living among the scum of the earth a better way with little to no success.

"Here lies the test; the light has come into the world but men preferred darkness to light because their deeds were evil."

hobelim said:
Yes, I Understand All That
And It's A Wonderful Analogy

By I Was Addressing The Other View In The OP
"...the evidence presented by reality contradicts that story."
And My Analogy Works There Also

Then A Flat-Earther Will Come Along
And Start Something Else...

Last edited:
hobelim said:
Not Exactly

A light that divides the darkness by teaching people to distinguish between clean and unclean, right and wrong, true from false, good and evil, life from death.

The creation of man was just a story of a superior intelligence trying to teach someone living among the scum of the earth a better way with little to no success.

"Here lies the test; the light has come into the world but men preferred darkness to light because their deeds were evil."
I forgot. Is the Bible the eternal word? The Gospels? How do we decide? Do we decide for ourselves what words are eternal and which ones are not?

Lets boil it down to the words From Christ. Which words were eternal and which ones were not?

The Owl32 said:
Which words were eternal and which ones were not?
'Eternal' Could Be A Turn Of Phrase Too
As Far As The Need For Scripture Is Concerned
As Scripture Won't Be Needed Anymore
After The Kingdom Is 'Eternally' Established

That's Not To Say Nothing Said Is Eternal
Because Some Covers An Introduction To That Also

Whew...!!
It's A Difficult Subject To Just Conversate About
And One Has To Pick Words Carefully To Be Clear
Because I Already Know
Folks Will Pick And Parse Over 'Literal'

The Owl32 said:
Which words were eternal and which ones were not?
'Eternal' Could Be A Turn Of Phrase Too
As Far As The Need For Scripture Is Concerned
As Scripture Won't Be Needed Anymore
After The Kingdom Is 'Eternally' Established

That's Not To Say Nothing Said Is Eternal
Because Some Covers An Introduction To That Also

Whew...!!
It's A Difficult Subject To Just Conversate About
And One Has To Pick Words Carefully To Be Clear
Because I Already Know
Folks Will Pick And Parese Over 'Literal'
Are we required to know what words are for an eternal purpose and which ones are not?

Like which words from Christ do we say are not literal and/or not eternal?

Is it our job to sparse through the words He spoke as documented by the 4 gospels and decide for ourselves.

Then, one day He will judge which ones sparsed through them correctly?

Look, all I personally know is Hebrews 6:4-6 applies to me. No way for me to get around that. Hence, the reason I consider myself hopeless.

Oh well.......

I was just curious which parts of the Bible we are to believe is eternal and which ones are not.

Forum List

Back