The Bible eternal word?

Theowl32 said:
Are we required to know what words are for an eternal purpose and which ones are not?
I Haven't Seen A Direct Order To Know The Difference
I Don't See That There's A Purpose To Know
Like which words from Christ do we say are not literal and/or not eternal?
If You Use A Reference Bible
You'll See Almost All His Words Are Quotes
From Old Testament Scripture
Is it our job to sparse through the words He spoke as documented by the 4 gospels and decide for ourselves.
I Think Understanding The Gist Of What's Going On
Is Most Important
Then, one day He will judge which ones sparsed through them correctly?
I'll Have To See That One
On A List Of Judgements
I was just curious which parts of the Bible we are to believe is eternal and which ones are not.
Scripture Is Full Of Analogies
It Repeatedly Says Let Him With Understanding Understand
Also That There Will Be Those Given Understanding

I Don't Think
Which Is & Ain't Eternal
Is Of Personal Concern Except For Debate Forums

Just curious here. For believers, it is understood that the Bible is the eternal word. Meaning it has an eternal PURPOSE. Right?

Especially the gospels. I mean why would the Holy Spirit document what Christ said, if not for an eternal purpose?

Is that true? This is what I believe anyway. I also know there are many different interpretations of the Bible. I was once confronted by a Baptist preacher (I think he was a Baptist.) Anyway, he told me that unless it is written in the KJV version, that it is not the true word of God. I asked him if he can point out where it says that in the KJV. He looked at me perplexed. I think he thought it was a rude question, but I was making a point and he knew it.

He acknowledged of course that what he said, is not written in there, and it was ridiculous question. I said it was a rhetorical question. It was meant to make a point, and all of us hate it when we are challenged. I said the bottom line is YOU TOLD ME that if it is not written in the KJV version, that it is not of God. I said what he said was NOT written in there. Not in any way. Not one prophetic statement by any prophet inspired by the Holy Spirit that said the ONLY TRUE VERSION of the ETERNAL WORD would be written in the year 1611. I asked since ALL Christianity is based on the TRUE WORD and since the ONLY TRUE VERSION of that ETERNAL WORD was not written until 1611, why wouldn't ONE PROPHET have stated such a thing? Not even a hint. Nothing.

I told him he feels fortunate that he is able to get access to the ONLY TRUE VERSION, since so many Christians for 1611 years did not really have that ONLY TRUE VERSION? I pointed out too that the ORIGINAL KJV had the 7 books of the apocrypha that some refer to as the deuterocanonicals.

Anyway, is the Bible the eternal WORD and everything recorded that Jesus spoke had an eternal purpose? Is that the truth we are to accept as believers? .
Anyway, is the Bible the eternal WORD and everything recorded that Jesus spoke had an eternal purpose? Is that the truth we are to accept as believers?

islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog ...

- Is that the truth we are to accept as believers?

presumably you count out the other two desert religions as believers, at least in your version of the same religion and would make one wonder what makes yours any different than theirs.

BreezeWood said:
presumably you count out the other two desert religions as believers, at least in your version of the same religion and would make one wonder what makes yours any different than theirs.
Why Would You Insist
One Isn't The Natural Continuance Of The First
And The Third Isn't Just A Counterfeit Of The Other Two ??

It's Not In The Similarities
Which Is The Rhetorical Game De Jour

As You Just Said: It's In The Differences
That Sets One Of Them In Particular Apart From The Other Two

Now Run And Find You A New Set Of
Debate Talking-Point Flash Cards
And Start A New Thread About It

Last edited:
Just curious here. For believers, it is understood that the Bible is the eternal word. Meaning it has an eternal PURPOSE. Right?

Especially the gospels. I mean why would the Holy Spirit document what Christ said, if not for an eternal purpose?

Is that true? This is what I believe anyway. I also know there are many different interpretations of the Bible. I was once confronted by a Baptist preacher (I think he was a Baptist.) Anyway, he told me that unless it is written in the KJV version, that it is not the true word of God. I asked him if he can point out where it says that in the KJV. He looked at me perplexed. I think he thought it was a rude question, but I was making a point and he knew it.

He acknowledged of course that what he said, is not written in there, and it was ridiculous question. I said it was a rhetorical question. It was meant to make a point, and all of us hate it when we are challenged. I said the bottom line is YOU TOLD ME that if it is not written in the KJV version, that it is not of God. I said what he said was NOT written in there. Not in any way. Not one prophetic statement by any prophet inspired by the Holy Spirit that said the ONLY TRUE VERSION of the ETERNAL WORD would be written in the year 1611. I asked since ALL Christianity is based on the TRUE WORD and since the ONLY TRUE VERSION of that ETERNAL WORD was not written until 1611, why wouldn't ONE PROPHET have stated such a thing? Not even a hint. Nothing.

I told him he feels fortunate that he is able to get access to the ONLY TRUE VERSION, since so many Christians for 1611 years did not really have that ONLY TRUE VERSION? I pointed out too that the ORIGINAL KJV had the 7 books of the apocrypha that some refer to as the deuterocanonicals.

Anyway, is the Bible the eternal WORD and everything recorded that Jesus spoke had an eternal purpose? Is that the truth we are to accept as believers? .
Anyway, is the Bible the eternal WORD and everything recorded that Jesus spoke had an eternal purpose? Is that the truth we are to accept as believers?

Jesus is Lord.

hobelim said:
Many people claim that genesis is an account of the creation of the universe, solar system, first human being, etc. Many people profess to believe this even though the evidence presented by reality contradicts that story.
Not Exactly

The Creation Starts With Light & Dark
And Progresses To The Creation Of Man

The law is the light spoken into existence.

A light that divides the darkness by teaching people to distinguish between clean and unclean, right and wrong, true from false, good and evil, life from death.

The creation of man was just a story of a superior intelligence trying to teach someone living among the scum of the earth a better way with little to no success.

"Here lies the test; the light has come into the world but men preferred darkness to light because their deeds were evil."
I forgot. Is the Bible the eternal word? The Gospels? How do we decide? Do we decide for ourselves what words are eternal and which ones are not?

Lets boil it down to the words From Christ. Which words were eternal and which ones were not?

I think you are missing the point. Seek understanding and not which if any words are eternal. Truth is eternal but can be expressed in many different ways using many different words metaphors analogies and well known literary teaching techniques, homonyms hyperbole euphemisms etc.

Many times in scripture the teaching conveyed, an eternal truth, is not necessarily directly connected to the literal meaning of the words used.

And who gets to decide? The reader of course. When you come across some words that say, "How can he give us his flesh to eat?," it is a challenge to the reader to ponder that question which is answered only a few verses later. It was the authors way of teaching the reader how to understand the figurative language used by Jesus to teach.

Even Jesus said, " the kingdom of Heaven is like treasure lying buried in a field. The man who found it buried it again."

Here two things are clearly shown. First, if you want to get at the truth you have to dig deep and sort through a lot of worthless dirt. Second, whatever truth Jesus found hidden in the field of words which is the bible he buried again using new metaphors....

Bread from heaven, the preexisting metaphor for the word of God, became the flesh of Jesus. This is an eternal truth but if you do not understand what the words mean you cannot possibly know what the truth is.

So put your hand to the plow and never look back. Any place in scripture where reality is contradicted is like a giant X on a treasure map marking the exact place where something of great value was buried and hidden.Use your own intelligence and apply your own mind to think deeply if you ever hope to find that which buried and hidden by Moses, found , and then buried and hidden again by Jesus like a treasure of incalculable value that was lost to time and found again time and time again.

No one can stop you. You can even do it in secret. Just do it.

If you do not look and look and keep on looking you will never find it.

Last edited:
The Torah, The New Testament and The Qur'an - whatever translation or version that melts your butter:

Moderately entertaining to flat out boring ancient literature. Nothing more, nothing less.​

If God is, what are the odds that one or more of those three collections of ancient Arab tales are the last word on such a Being?

Anything is possible.... It's possible that The Quran is truth. It's just as possible that The New Testament is truth.

What are the odds, what are the odds?

Ancient Arabs selected and inspired by THE Creator of The Universe, or Ancient Arab ego at the dawn of writing and preserved history?

:eusa_think: What are the odds, what are the odds?

`

No, it is not, it is a book of books collected and collaborated upon by Roman priest and clergy that adopted what they wanted to put in the Book of books. Man wrote it, I wouldn't trust it..
Yes, I understand that you do not have the Holy Spirit. Perhaps one day. Until then, you are simply an unbeliever. Simply put.

Not your call.

Here in America, freedom of worship means that each and every one of us gets to decide what is and what is not considered "Holy" to us in the privacy of our own minds.

Yes. Even the weird ones. As long as beliefs don't cross current Civil Law.

:thup:

Jesus is Lord.
Jesus is Lord.

have you met him.

islam is as dangerous in a man as rabies in a dog -

they and the other third disagree with you, why is that ...

Forum List

Back