The Bible and Gay Relationships

Where in the bible did Jesus speak against Homosexuality?
He spoke about sexual immorality, which homosexuality is.

So is oral sex amongst straight people, but of course, you'll never hear any christian man no matter how big of a fundie he is speak out against that.

It's people different than you who have to follow biblical law, hence why it's so hard to find a fundie who isn't a hypocrite.

In my view, it seems as if (some) Christ followers are much more obsessed with sex, gay sex, homosexual relationships, ect, than Christ himself. "Gay" seems to be a central area of discussion within some churches, despite the fact that Christ the man never really touched on the topic himself.

If being gay sends you to hell, why wouldn't Jesus warn against it?

In my view, it seems as if (some) Christ followers are much more obsessed with sex, gay sex, homosexual relationships, ect, than Christ himself. "Gay" seems to be a central area of discussion within some churches, despite the fact that Christ the man never really touched on the topic himself.

Funny, the only Church Ive ever seen obssessed with gays is Westboron Baptist Church, and I consider them a church only very losely.

Most Churches Ive heard of or been to are more concerned with Redemption and Being Born again through Christ.

So is oral sex amongst straight people, but of course, you'll never hear any christian man no matter how big of a fundie he is speak out against that.

It's people different than you who have to follow biblical law, hence why it's so hard to find a fundie who isn't a hypocrite.

Actually, Im not really sure if the Bible says anything about oral sex, per se. Which is probably why you don't see people speaking out against it.

It does specifically prohibit adultery, fornication, homosexual behavior, and beastiality. Which is probably why you hear more about that.

Actually, Im not really sure if the Bible says anything about oral sex, per se. Which is probably why you don't see people speaking out against it.

It does specifically prohibit adultery, fornication, homosexual behavior, and beastiality. Which is probably why you hear more about that.

It's just always been odd to me that the anti-homo rants outnumber the anti-pre marital sex rants and anti-remarriage rants by about a 157681767387428 to 1 ratio. Even though Jesus specifically states remarriage to a different partner is breaking one of the 10 commandments.

But it's to be expected from bigots in a society. A racist makes a black murder out to be a bigger deal than a white murder, a bigot makes a perceived flaw in a homosexual out to be a bigger deal than a perceived flaw in a heterosexual. SOP

Beastiality is out? I guess Coulter will never get any then.

How many churches have you been to say it's the central area of discussion? You're just pulling that out of your bleeding ass.

Jesus openly upheld Old Testament scripture, which calls for the execution of homosexuals.
Jesus condemned lust of a non-spouse and defined marriage as the union of a man and a woman, which leads homos out.

Funny, the only Church Ive ever seen obssessed with gays is Westboron Baptist Church, and I consider them a church only very losely.

Most Churches Ive heard of or been to are more concerned with Redemption and Being Born again through Christ.

Fair enough, but I suppose what I'm trying to say is that homosexuality has become THE THING that many Christians I come across will be discussing/battling against.

Maybe in the church service, or within the church community other things are being discussed; but when it comes to Christianity in the public sphere, the most frequent topic of discussion - whether it be in the media, in politics, ect - is homosexuality. That's just my view as an outsider. If the church truly centralizes on other topics, perhaps a PR campaign to set the record straight is overdue, because the first thing that pops into my head when I hear "Christian" is Anti-gay.

How many churches have you been to say it's the central area of discussion? You're just pulling that out of your bleeding ass.

Jesus openly upheld Old Testament scripture, which calls for the execution of homosexuals.
Jesus condemned lust of a non-spouse and defined marriage as the union of a man and a woman, which leads homos out.

I don't think Jesus was the type of guy who would call for the execution of gays. Perhaps you beg to differ?

Also, why not clear up things and quote for me one passage where Jesus explicitly condemns gay relationships.

Bleeding ass? What's that supposed to mean, by the way? Kind of a weird comment if you ask me....

Fair enough, but I suppose what I'm trying to say is that homosexuality has become THE THING that many Christians I come across will be discussing/battling against.

Maybe in the church service, or within the church community other things are being discussed; but when it comes to Christianity in the public sphere, the most frequent topic of discussion - whether it be in the media, in politics, ect - is homosexuality. That's just my view as an outsider. If the church truly centralizes on other topics, perhaps a PR campaign to set the record straight is overdue, because the first thing that pops into my head when I hear "Christian" is Anti-gay.
Maybe because gays decided to bring their sex lives out of the closet and force their views of sex on everyone. B the way, gay is a sexual preference, not a lifestyle, period.

Maybe because gays decided to bring their sex lives out of the closet and force their views of sex on everyone. B the way, gay is a sexual preference, not a lifestyle, period.

How do gays "force theirs of sex on everyone?"

I don't think Jesus was the type of guy who would call for the execution of gays. Perhaps you beg to differ?

Also, why not clear up things and quote for me one passage where Jesus explicitly condemns gay relationships.

Bleeding ass? What's that supposed to mean, by the way? Kind of a weird comment if you ask me....
The argument that Jesus never spoke out against homosexuality is lame. Homosexuality is a sexual preference that is contrary to Gods plan. Jesus spoke of sexual imorality which homosexuality is.

By forcing their views on us, by forcing policies on companies that no one can speak against gays. by mandating it be taught in schools. Which all of that happens, so don't try to play the "link?' stratagy. If they would leave their sex life at home where it belongs they would have no problems.

By forcing their views on us, by forcing policies on companies that no one can speak against gays. by mandating it be taught in schools. Which all of that happens, so don't try to play the "link?' stratagy. If they would leave their sex life at home where it belongs they would have no problems.

Link?

This is ABSURD.

I wouldn't have expected any better of a reply from you.

This nation is not ruled by BIBLICAL law; discuss the CONSTITUTION & gay Americans, not interpretations of the Bible.
This country was founded, and the Constitution written by Christians using Christian principals. The lie it was not is just that, a BIG FAT LIE!!!

Some of the Founders were critical of ALL organized religion.

Jesus, through Old Testament, called for the execution of homos. Jesus, in the New Testament, upped the stakes with a promise of eternal damnation for sinners, of which homos are. There's no way you can read what Jesus said and conclude that he would have approved of homosexual acts.

Jesus, through Old Testament, called for the execution of homos. Jesus, in the New Testament, upped the stakes with a promise of eternal damnation for sinners, of which homos are. There's no way you can read what Jesus said and conclude that he would have approved of homosexual acts.

In the KING JAMES VERSION, that is..........................................:lol:

Forum List

Back