The Bible and Gay Relationships

Funny, the only Church Ive ever seen obssessed with gays is Westboron Baptist Church, and I consider them a church only very losely.

Most Churches Ive heard of or been to are more concerned with Redemption and Being Born again through Christ.

Fair enough, but I suppose what I'm trying to say is that homosexuality has become THE THING that many Christians I come across will be discussing/battling against.

Maybe in the church service, or within the church community other things are being discussed; but when it comes to Christianity in the public sphere, the most frequent topic of discussion - whether it be in the media, in politics, ect - is homosexuality. That's just my view as an outsider. If the church truly centralizes on other topics, perhaps a PR campaign to set the record straight is overdue, because the first thing that pops into my head when I hear "Christian" is Anti-gay.
Maybe because gays decided to bring their sex lives out of the closet and force their views of sex on everyone. B the way, gay is a sexual preference, not a lifestyle, period.

Are you being forced to be gay or marry only members of the same sex? Are you no longer able to get married to a person of the opposite sex? I just got married to my wife in Oct, NO issues there - straight people apparently can still marry just fine.

Don't follow you AF where you get off saying that gay people are trying to force their beliefs onto that of the straight population.....

Why do you care so much if two people of the same sex - who you don't know - form a life around each other and receive the same recognition from the state that's given to a straight couple? Why overreach your realm of concern into that which should not concern you whatsoever?

Last edited:
How many churches have you been to say it's the central area of discussion? You're just pulling that out of your bleeding ass.

Jesus openly upheld Old Testament scripture, which calls for the execution of homosexuals.
Jesus condemned lust of a non-spouse and defined marriage as the union of a man and a woman, which leads homos out.

I don't think Jesus was the type of guy who would call for the execution of gays. Perhaps you beg to differ?

Also, why not clear up things and quote for me one passage where Jesus explicitly condemns gay relationships.

Bleeding ass? What's that supposed to mean, by the way? Kind of a weird comment if you ask me....
The argument that Jesus never spoke out against homosexuality is lame. Homosexuality is a sexual preference that is contrary to Gods plan. Jesus spoke of sexual imorality which homosexuality is.

How are you so certain that your personal interpretation of your God's plan is the right one?

Jesus never explicitly spoke out against homosexuality, so are you telling me you have the authority to speak for him based on what you assume he probably believed?

Last edited:
I don't think Jesus was the type of guy who would call for the execution of gays. Perhaps you beg to differ?

Jesus, through Old Testament, called for the execution of homos. Jesus, in the New Testament, upped the stakes with a promise of eternal damnation for sinners, of which homos are. There's no way you can read what Jesus said and conclude that he would have approved of homosexual acts.

There's no way you could have read the New Testament and concluded that Jesus ever called for the execution of anyone.

If you regard him as God's son, why not stick to following the things he explicitly said, instead of morphing his words and phrases to conveniently suit your own personal agenda against people you don't know or care about? Where's the value in that? It's seems hypocritical to me that you regard Jesus as God, yet have the audacity to put words in His mouth.

Personally, i think the obsession with condemning gays is yours and yours alone; it's a worldly obsession that stems from the dislike of that which is different. It's a human thing.

Last edited:
Leviticus is specifically the rules for the levites. Hence, the name of teh book.

Sexual immorality has been condemned from the beginning. Doesn't matter whether your immoral with a man or a woman. Why is it people ignore that so-called "straights" have to follow the same exact standards?

The first commandment given to mankind was given to man and woman as a married couple: Multiply and replenish the earth.

That commandment hasn't been revoked. The same laws that govern the family then apply now.

The FIRST commandment is to "have no other Gods before me"; Christ followed the Golden rule:

"Love your neighbour as you love yourself," is the golden rule of Christian conduct.

I see no exceptions for gay neighbors.

God commanded us to multiply and replenish the earth millennia before the Ten Commandments were written.
You're still free to multiply.

In my view, it seems as if (some) Christ followers are much more obsessed with sex, gay sex, homosexual relationships, ect, than Christ himself. "Gay" seems to be a central area of discussion within some churches, despite the fact that Christ the man never really touched on the topic himself.

How many churches have you been to say it's the central area of discussion? You're just pulling that out of your bleeding ass.

If being gay sends you to hell, why wouldn't Jesus warn against it?

Jesus openly upheld Old Testament scripture, which calls for the execution of homosexuals.
Jesus condemned lust of a non-spouse and defined marriage as the union of a man and a woman, which leads homos out.
So, you think Gays should be killed?

Paine & Franklin were DIESTS, a long way from the founders were all "CHRISTIANS".

“The government of the United States is not in any sense founded on the Christian Religion”
* - George Washington

"Goddamn it, John ... the Republicans are selling their soul to win elections ... Mark my word ... if and when these preachers get control of the party, and they’re sure trying to do so, it’s going to be a terrible damn problem." -- Barry Goldwater as told to John Dean

All I know is that in my bible, right after the part about homosexual relations, is the part about not eating shell fish and things that crawl in the ocean.... so unless you avoid red lobster you better be shutting the heck up about gay marriage.

Also, if you gotta daughter, make sure you slay her if she talks back. Duh. In the Bible.

Jesus did not speak out about a lot of things. That does not mean those things are ok. The purpose of the law was to show mankind how imperfect we are and how much we need God. Its purpose was to pave the way for the salvational lamb. If the laws against homosexuality were meant to show a flaw in human nature, namely the proclivity for perversion, then it is a sin Christ died to save us from. I am not even sure that homosexuality was a problem in the population in which Christ traveled. He first came for the Jews, and Jews were mostly who he preached to. Perhaps there was little need to mention that. The question of homosexuality is basically one of obedience. God's law was clear that homosexuality was not to be tolerated. Christ died to save those who accepted him from the consequences of their disobedience. So even though Christ did not mention it, that did not change anything. Another thing you might consider is that mention of wearing different fabrics, etc, were about worship and not a moral code. But really, since this all started with Jews, perhaps you should ask them about it. :D

All I know is that in my bible, right after the part about homosexual relations, is the part about not eating shell fish and things that crawl in the ocean.... so unless you avoid red lobster you better be shutting the heck up about gay marriage.

Also, if you gotta daughter, make sure you slay her if she talks back. Duh. In the Bible.

Jesus did not speak out about a lot of things. That does not mean those things are ok. The purpose of the law was to show mankind how imperfect we are and how much we need God. Its purpose was to pave the way for the salvational lamb. If the laws against homosexuality were meant to show a flaw in human nature, namely the proclivity for perversion, then it is a sin Christ died to save us from. I am not even sure that homosexuality was a problem in the population in which Christ traveled. He first came for the Jews, and Jews were mostly who he preached to. Perhaps there was little need to mention that. The question of homosexuality is basically one of obedience. God's law was clear that homosexuality was not to be tolerated. Christ died to save those who accepted him from the consequences of their disobedience. So even though Christ did not mention it, that did not change anything. Another thing you might consider is that mention of wearing different fabrics, etc, were about worship and not a moral code. But really, since this all started with Jews, perhaps you should ask them about it. :D

Perhaps US LAW should not be based on ANY religious belief.

Oh, I see, backing away from the Old Testament. They were Jews. hmmmmm

I wouldn't have expected any better of a reply from you.

This nation is not ruled by BIBLICAL law; discuss the CONSTITUTION & gay Americans, not interpretations of the Bible.
This country was founded, and the Constitution written by Christians using Christian principals. The lie it was not is just that, a BIG FAT LIE!!!

Many came over here to get away from religion in govt in England.

Christians are not using Leviticus.They use the New Testament.
They use Romans 1:26-27
Corinthians 1- 6 :9-10
Timothy 1- 1:9-10
and Revelation 21:8

Many Christians "use" both. Many are not offended by gay Americans marrying either.

I don't get offended by gay marriage. I don't agree with it, but it's up to God to judge, not me. If they interpret the Bible different than i do, that's ok. One of us will find out eventually who was right.....

Oh, I see, backing away from the Old Testament. They were Jews. hmmmmm

I am not backing awayy from anything, just explaining what the Bible is about to the massively ignorant as yourself. I also am amused often by the massive hypocrisy you strut around as self justification. Its true that Christian did not start the prohibition against homosexuality. that came from the jewish faith. Perhaps you should address your objection with them. since they started it. Tell you what. why don't you bother to address that next time? Thanks ever so much.

I am not backing awayy from anything, just explaining what the Bible is about to the massively ignorant

What makes you think you're not massively ignorant? What good are homos, besides for spreading AIDS and putting boys at risk?

I also am amused often by the massive hypocrisy you strut around as self justification. Its true that Christian did not start the prohibition against homosexuality. that came from the jewish faith.

Christianity is the jewish faith. Old Testament scripture are our scriptures. The jewish Messiah is our messiah. The promises to Abraham are the Promises to us.

What makes you think you're not massively ignorant? What good are homos, besides for spreading AIDS and putting boys at risk?

Ariux - Sorry to be so blunt, but you are a moron who appears to be living with a giant silo around your head, which only allows you to see in a single direction - your direction, coincidentally.

You, on your high horse accuse other people of being ignorant, but have you stopped to realize that "What good are homos?" is the most massively ignorant statement so far in this entire thread? Do you realize why that's a moronic thing to say? I really hope you do.

You're embarrassing yourself and perpetuating the stereotype that religious people are closed minded bigots. Please stop, for your own good.

Last edited:

Also, why not clear up things and quote for me one passage where Jesus explicitly condemns gay relationships.

Bleeding ass? What's that supposed to mean, by the way? Kind of a weird comment if you ask me....
The argument that Jesus never spoke out against homosexuality is lame. Homosexuality is a sexual preference that is contrary to Gods plan. Jesus spoke of sexual imorality which homosexuality is.

How are you so certain that your personal interpretation of your God's plan is the right one?

Jesus never explicitly spoke out against homosexuality, so are you telling me you have the authority to speak for him based on what you assume he probably believed?
Did read my post? I said " Jesus spoke about sexual immorality which homosexuality is". Just because Jesus didn't address it specifically doesn't mean it is right. If God wanted it that way he would not have created woman.

Forum List

Back