The Bible and Gay Relationships

Where in the bible did Jesus speak against Homosexuality?

The book of Revelations. The enfeminate will not inherit the kingdom of God

Sigh.....well first of all genius that's not in the Book of Revelation; that's I Corinthians 6:9. Generally if you want to sound like you have a clue what you are talking about it's a good idea to quote the correct verse....at least the correct book.

Second, I Corinthians was written by Paul. Read posts #111 and #115 for discussions on why Paul is a lousy source of information. I might also point you to 2 Peter 3: 15-16 for a little insight on why it's dangerous to pay a whole lot of attention to Paul.

"15 And consider that the long-suffering of our Lord His slowness in avenging wrongs and judging the world is salvation that which is conducive to the soul's safety, even as our beloved brother Paul also wrote to you according to the spiritual insight given him,

16 Speaking of this as he does in all of his letters. There are some things in those epistles of Paul that are difficult to understand, which the ignorant and unstable twist and misconstrue to their own utter destruction, just as they distort and misinterpret the rest of the Scriptures."​

Third, congratulations. You have correctly identified one of the passages in which Paul uses the word "arsenokotai". Read post #105, point C for a discussion on why you just sounded stupid.

Fourth, the Greek word used, in what is actually a list of behaviors, in I Corinthians 6:9, that you directly point to is "malakoi". "Effeminate" is a real lousy translation of the word "malakoi". Literally it means "soft" or "gentle". More properly in context, it would be translated as "moral weakness" or perhaps even "cowardice" in the sense that, as like today, a man that shows cowardice is sometimes referred to as a "woman" or a "pussy" or other feminine related terms used in a derogatory sense. Regardless, "malakoi" is a very broad term. Had Paul wanted to refer specifically to the effeminate in regards to sexual practices he would have used the word "kinaidos" which is far more precise. "Malakoi" is also used in Matthew 11:8 and Luke 7:25 to describe soft or grand clothing compared to that of John the Baptist.

" 25 But what did you go out to see? A man clothed in soft garments? Indeed those who are gorgeously appareled and live in luxury are in kings’ courts."

Luke 7 NKJV - Jesus Heals a Centurion

Matthew 11 NKJV - John the Baptist Sends Messengers to - Bible Gateway

HOMOSEXUALITY IN THE NEW TESTAMENT: CONSERVATIVE AND LIBERAL VIEWS

Fifth, you overlook the problem of assigning 21st century thought to ancient cultures. Read posts #119 and #105 point B for more information on why you just sounded stupid.

Sixth and lastly, the Book of Revelation, even if it did say what you suggest (which it doesn't), is somewhat questionable to begin with. It's authorship is highly disputed, it's meaning is vague and easily misinterpreted and manipulated, it was rejected by reformists such as Martin Luther (who wrote of it: "I can in no way detect that the Holy Spirit produced it...Christ is neither taught nor known in it."), and it seems to have been tossed in at the Council of Carthage around 400 A.D. for no other reason than to give the Bible a good bang at the end. I suggest you do more research.

Luther's Antilegomena

Now...you are dismissed. Get back to me when you have educated yourself.

Last edited:
I am a Christian. I am not hateful, I just know what is right in Gods eyes because I believe what his word, the Bible says. I hold what God says to be more credible than what man says in sex ed in schools, which a lot of it now a days I do not agree with. You being hateful towards Christians are being a bigger bigot than I can ever be. God Bless.

Lol good one. I'm praising christians for not being like you, christians are the reason why homophobia is ending in america. Christians make up the majority, and the majority of americans favor allowing gays to marry, so kudos to christians.

You're in the minority of christians, you're a hateful bigot, most christians aren't. Like I said, your old medievel views are quickly dying away.

I'm sorry to break it to you, but Christianity is defiantly not the reason why homophobia is ending in America.

If Christianity is indeed the reason for tolerance forward gay people then we would have seen a decrease in homophobia since the time when Chrisitans became the majority.
Christians where the majority in America for a very long time, however the decrease in homophobia is only recent.

No, Christianity is not the reason.
There reason for tolerance and decrease in homophobia is something else entirely and that something is education.

I didn't say christianity was the reason for homophobia's rapid decline, i said christians were.

I am a Christian. I am not hateful, I just know what is right in Gods eyes because I believe what his word, the Bible says. I hold what God says to be more credible than what man says in sex ed in schools, which a lot of it now a days I do not agree with. You being hateful towards Christians are being a bigger bigot than I can ever be. God Bless.

Lol good one. I'm praising christians for not being like you, christians are the reason why homophobia is ending in america. Christians make up the majority, and the majority of americans favor allowing gays to marry, so kudos to christians.

You're in the minority of christians, you're a hateful bigot, most christians aren't. Like I said, your old medievel views are quickly dying away.
You are a liar. I am not a hateful bigot. For you to call me that you would have to know me. I base my opinion on the truth in God's word. True Christians do not support gay marriage. We can not do anything to stop it, but we know that God will judge everyone in the end.

I don't have to know anything more about you than you hate gays, if you hate gays for being gay you're a bigot. Plain and simple.

Nah, you aren't a true christian. Work on your own sins before casting stones at people for their sins, the way a true christian is supposed to.

You are a liar. I am not a hateful bigot. For you to call me that you would have to know me. I base my opinion on the truth in God's word. True Christians do not support gay marriage. We can not do anything to stop it, but we know that God will judge everyone in the end.

I don't have to know anything more about you than you hate gays, if you hate gays for being gay you're a bigot. Plain and simple.

Nah, you aren't a true christian. Work on your own sins before casting stones at people for their sins, the way a true christian is supposed to.
what makes you think I hate gays? I hate the sin of homosexuality. I do not think you would know a true Christian if you seen one. I am a Christian, whether you think so or not, I could care less. There is not one human being that can live their lives like Christ, not even Christians. When people think Christians ought to be perfect they are making a false assumption, if we could, there would be no need for Jesus to come and save the world, now would there?

I'm sorry to break it to you, but Christianity is defiantly not the reason why homophobia is ending in America.

If Christianity is indeed the reason for tolerance forward gay people then we would have seen a decrease in homophobia since the time when Chrisitans became the majority.
Christians where the majority in America for a very long time, however the decrease in homophobia is only recent.

There reason for tolerance and decrease in homophobia is something else entirely and that something is education.

I didn't say christianity was the reason for homophobia's rapid decline, i said christians were.

Well what differentiates Christians from someone else is their belief in Christianity.
Your statement of Christians is meaningless without Christianity.
If you didn't mean Christianity, or Christian doctrine then Christians are just people , and the fact that those people were Christians are irrelevant.
they could have just as easily been Atheists (Which would have brought much sharper decline in homophobia) or Buddhists or anything else.

Last edited:

what makes you think I hate gays? I hate the sin of homosexuality. I do not think you would know a true Christian if you seen one. I am a Christian, whether you think so or not, I could care less. There is not one human being that can live their lives like Christ, not even Christians. When people think Christians ought to be perfect they are making a false assumption, if we could, there would be no need for Jesus to come and save the world, now would there?

What makes me think you hate gays? Your posts of course.

I know christians aren't perfect, never said they should be. I said you need to fix your sins before attacking other ppl on what you think they're doing wrong. I'm sure you disagree though.

Well what differentiates Christians from someone else is their belief in Christianity.
If you didn't mean Christianity, or Christian doctrine then Christians are just people , and the fact that those people were Christians are irrelevant.
they could have just as easily been Atheists (Which would have brought much sharper decline in homophobia) or Buddhists or anything else.

Yeah but christians don't wake up every morning, at least none that I know, and determine what they're going to do or think based on the Bible.

We're a nation of majority christians, and homophobia is plummeting, I don't think it would plummet at the rate it is without the support of the majority of the population.

What makes me think you hate gays? Your posts of course.

I know christians aren't perfect, never said they should be. I said you need to fix your sins before attacking other ppl on what you think they're doing wrong. I'm sure you disagree though.

Hmmm.....well I think I can take AF for his word that he hates the "sin" and not the "sinner". I think the stronger argument is that he appears, from my perspective and based on his classification of homosexuality as a "sin" in the first place, to be somewhat under-educated about what the Bible actually says. It seems to me that someone who endeavors to be a "person of God" would want to do the research to ensure they are following an accurate translation in the proper historical/cultural context. All too often people don't do that and it leads to problems within society based on "words of God" that God had nothing to do with. I would put AF in that classification based on his posts in this thread.

Last edited:

Yeah but christians don't wake up every morning, at least none that I know, and determine what they're going to do or think based on the Bible.

We're a nation of majority christians, and homophobia is plummeting, I don't think it would plummet at the rate it is without the support of the majority of the population.

Yeah , however that fact that the majority of the population are Christians has little effect , no effect or even a negative effect on the plummeting of homophobia.
Like I said before ,Christians were the majority for a very long time , but the decrease in homophobia is only recent. This means that another factor is the catalyst of this event, and this factor is education.

Forum List

Back