The Bible and Gay Relationships

Where in the bible did Jesus speak against Homosexuality?

Jesus said;
Mat 19:4 And he answered and said unto them, Have ye not read, that he which made them at the beginning made them male and female,
Mat 19:5 And said, For this cause shall a man leave father and mother, and shall cleave to his wife: and they twain shall be one flesh?
Mat 19:6 Wherefore they are no more twain, but one flesh. What therefore God hath joined together, let not man put asunder.

God did not make male and male nor female and female.
Jesus followed the old testament and quoted from it many times.

"Why then," they asked, "did Moses command that a man give his wife a certificate of divorce and send her away?" Jesus replied, "Moses permitted you to divorce your wives because your hearts were hard. But it was not this way from the beginning. I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for marital unfaithfulness, and marries another woman commits adultery."

Morally speaking: Divorce (outside of a cold heart/unfaithfulness) = Gay

Not even close the scripture is about divorce and not same sex anything.

"You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you"-Jesus
(Matthew 5.43-45 ESV)

Seems anti war, does it not?

Yes but try to convince all the religious who support war.

1. Homosexual acts (Leviticus 18:22).

2. Bestiality (Leviticus 18:23)

3. Idols, and the materials used to make idols (Deuteronomy 7:25)

4. Blemished sacrifices (Deuteronomy 17:1)

5. Worshipping the sun, moon or stars (Deuteronomy 17:3-4)

6. Divination (Deuteronomy 18:10)

7. Astrology (Deuteronomy 18:10)

8. Enchanters (Deuteronomy 18:10)

9. Witches (Deuteronomy 18:10)

10. Charmers (Deuteronomy 18:11)

11. Wizards (Deuteronomy 18:11)

12. Necromancers (Deuteronomy 18:11)

13. Transvestitism (Deuteronomy 22:5)

14. The hire of a whore (Deuteronomy 23:18)

15. Remarriage to a former wife after she has been married to another man (Deuteronomy 24:4)

16. Dishonest scales (Deuteronomy 25:13-16)

17. Workers of iniquity (Psalm 5:5)

18. The wicked (Psalm 11:5)

19. Those who love violence (Psalm 11:5)

20. The froward [perverse] (Proverbs 3:32)

21. A proud look (Proverbs 6:16-17)

22. A lying tongue (Proverbs 6:17)

23. Hands that shed innocent blood (Proverbs 6:17)

24. A heart that devises wicked imaginations (Proverbs 6:18)

25. Feet that are swift in running to mischief (Proverbs 6:18)

26. A false witness who speaks lies (Proverbs 6:19)

27. Anyone who sows discord among brethren (Proverbs 6:19)

28. Lying lips (Proverbs 12:22)

29. The sacrifices of the wicked (Proverbs 15:8)

30. The ways of the wicked (Proverbs 15:9)

31. The thoughts of the wicked (Proverbs 15:26)

32. The proud in heart (Proverbs 16:5)

33. Those who justify the wicked (Proverbs 17:15)

34. Those who condemn the just (Proverbs 17:15)

35. Vain sacrifices (Isaiah 1:13)

36. Feasts as Israel celebrated them (Isaiah 1:14)

37. Robbery for burnt offering (Isaiah 61:8)

38. Idolatry (Jeremiah 44:2-4)

39. Evil plans against neighbors (Zechariah 8:17)

40. False oaths (Zechariah 8:17)

41. Esau (Malachi 1:1-3; Romans 9:13)
[Actually, it’s "Jacob have I loved, and Esau have I hated" -ed.]

42. Divorce (Malachi 2:14-16)

43. The deeds of the Nicolaitans (Revelation 2:6, 15)

Joel Meredith has compiled a book of Bible lists "to entertain, interest, fascinate, stimulate and, most of all, to educate." There are some minor problems with this list, but it gives you a good idea of what things God finds to be abominations, or are detestable to Him. Somehow, the author missed a couple. By adding in the following, the list grows to 45 things God hates:

44. "You shall not set up a sacred pillar, which the LORD your God hates" (Deuteronomy 16:22).

45. "I hate, I despise, your feast days" (Amos 5:21). This goes with Isaiah 1:14: "Your new moons and your appointed feasts My soul hates."

Leviticus is specifically the rules for the levites. Hence, the name of teh book.

Sexual immorality has been condemned from the beginning. Doesn't matter whether your immoral with a man or a woman. Why is it people ignore that so-called "straights" have to follow the same exact standards?

The first commandment given to mankind was given to man and woman as a married couple: Multiply and replenish the earth.

That commandment hasn't been revoked. The same laws that govern the family then apply now.

Leviticus is specifically the rules for the levites. Hence, the name of teh book.

Sexual immorality has been condemned from the beginning. Doesn't matter whether your immoral with a man or a woman. Why is it people ignore that so-called "straights" have to follow the same exact standards?

The first commandment given to mankind was given to man and woman as a married couple: Multiply and replenish the earth.

That commandment hasn't been revoked. The same laws that govern the family then apply now.

The FIRST commandment is to "have no other Gods before me"; Christ followed the Golden rule:

"Love your neighbour as you love yourself," is the golden rule of Christian conduct.

I see no exceptions for gay neighbors.

The Book of Leviticus lays out some pretty ridiculous rules for those who regard the Bible as the word of God.

My question is simple, is it justifiable and honest to cite verses from Leviticus as a tool to damn gay relationships, while at the same time totally disregard the other rules like "don't wear clothes made of more than one fabric"?

If you think this is OK, why?

My personal take on the issue is that "picking and choosing" the rules you want to strengthen your case, while disregarding others is dishonest and NON-justifiable.

the only thing(s) in the Bible I believe in are the 10 Commandments. Leviticus also has a bit in there about not eating blood. Which is why Jehovah Witnesses will not have blood transfusions. Because they think it is "eating it." It is not. Because it is not being digested through the digestive tract. IF they have black stools, the blood has been digested by way of a bleeding ulcer and THEN they are "eating blood." EVERY religion has something that backs up whatever it is they believe in.

Did you ever notice that Mormans are much easier to get rid of than Jehovah's Witnesses?

"You have heard that it was said, 'You shall love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I say to you, Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you"-Jesus
(Matthew 5.43-45 ESV)

Seems anti war, does it not?

Yes but try to convince all the religious who support war.

The DON'T DO THIS bunch is larger than the "Love thy neighbor" crowd......

The FIRST commandment is to "have no other Gods before me"; Christ followed the Golden rule:

"Love your neighbour as you love yourself," is the golden rule of Christian conduct.

God commanded us to multiply and replenish the earth millennia before the Ten Commandments were written.

The Book of Leviticus lays out some pretty ridiculous rules for those who regard the Bible as the word of God.

My question is simple, is it justifiable and honest to cite verses from Leviticus as a tool to damn gay relationships, while at the same time totally disregard the other rules like "don't wear clothes made of more than one fabric"?

My personal take on the issue is that "picking and choosing" the rules you want to strengthen your case, while disregarding others is dishonest and NON-justifiable.

the only thing(s) in the Bible I believe in are the 10 Commandments. Leviticus also has a bit in there about not eating blood. Which is why Jehovah Witnesses will not have blood transfusions. Because they think it is "eating it." It is not. Because it is not being digested through the digestive tract. IF they have black stools, the blood has been digested by way of a bleeding ulcer and THEN they are "eating blood." EVERY religion has something that backs up whatever it is they believe in.

Did you ever notice that Mormans are much easier to get rid of than Jehovah's Witnesses?

We have alot of work to do, and if you aren't interested, we aren't going to spend time when we can be helping those who are ready. And when you are ready, we will be right there for you:)

You are correct, sir. It is absurd. That is an absurd individual and his concepts are absurd. Sadly, they are shared by many.
Shared by believers of the true God and the word of God. Truth hurts, usually resulting in the crying from non-believers and their endless lies.

God commanded us to multiply and replenish the earth millennia before the Ten Commandments were written.

Do you have source with a a credible author. As far as I know God didn't write anything, and no one knew about the written word at that time.

We have alot of work to do, and if you aren't interested, we aren't going to spend time when we can be helping those who are ready. And when you are ready, we will be right there for you:)
Actually, I meant it as a musing compliment to Mormons.

If you're ever lucky enough to speak to God about this after you die, ask Him about it... It's His rule book.

Put your hand under My thigh?IDK but this from the OT sounds a bit gay if you ask me.

Geneisi 24: 1 Abraham was now very old, and the LORD had blessed him in every way. 2 He said to the senior servant in his household, the one in charge of all that he had, “Put your hand under my thigh. 3 I want you to swear by the LORD, the God of heaven and the God of earth, that you will not get a wife for my son from the daughters of the Canaanites, among whom I am living, 4 but will go to my country and my own relatives and get a wife for my son Isaac.”

If you're ever lucky enough to speak to God about this after you die, ask Him about it... It's His rule book.

If God exists, I do hope I'm lucky enough to speak with him one day. I regard the Bible as one of Man's wonderful interpretations of the afterlife and spirituality.

You say it's His rule book, but do you honestly try to follow ALL of the rules as laid out by the Bible? There's some incredibly strange stuff in there, and much of it was written 2,000+ years ago during a completely different time and place than now.

Last edited:
You are correct, sir. It is absurd. That is an absurd individual and his concepts are absurd. Sadly, they are shared by many.
Shared by believers of the true God and the word of God. Truth hurts, usually resulting in the crying from non-believers and their endless lies.

There are many interpretations of the Bible, as it's a long and mysterious book that's been through countless revisions and translations (and is full of passages that are anything less than "clear cut"); who are you to say that Shalabi's interpretation of the true "word of God" is any more valid than your own?

Last edited:

Actually, I meant it as a musing compliment to Mormons.

Oh I took it as one:) Being annoying and stirring up contention really doesn't bring the Spirit into things.

Why wait till then when you can ask Him now?

Forum List

Back