The Beatles - Music Or Magic?

The Beatles set the stage for everything we listen to. Their music is timeless. It's as good today as it was in the 60s. There are few bands that can say that. They set the stage everyone else plays on.

Only James Hetfield comes close.

Most overrated band ever

I was twelve when they came to the US. I grew up with them and their influence on me and my generation had to be experienced to be understood. I feel sorry for the generations that came before or after them they had nothing like them.

Seems to me only people brainwashed by the media hype of the 60s think the beatles are the greatest band ever

No, lad.

People of the generation who grew up with the Beatles simply knew the music that came before them and understood that the Beatles were giving us something new and something that we thought was special.

Its fairly clear to me that you not only do not understand people, you also clearly do not understand the power of things in relation to their place in time/

You must be young.

put a timeline on this ....

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_XHFjW-NnZw]The Beatles - Come Together #TheBeatles [Music Video] - YouTube[/ame]

The Beatles set the stage for everything we listen to. Their music is timeless. It's as good today as it was in the 60s. There are few bands that can say that. They set the stage everyone else plays on.

Only James Hetfield comes close.

Metallica?....why?....

That would be an example of the resultant pop crap, you idiot.

While Jimi Hendrix took the use of "feedback" to another level, John Lennon claims this was the first time "feedback" was ever recorded in a song.

Last edited by a moderator:
I say magic.

I say garbage. The progenitors of vacuous pop crap.

You would. Beatles would be too Anglo-American for you. You might like a more multicultural band. How's this for your speed ? Algerian lead guitarist. Japanese rythym guitarist. Mongolian bass guitarist. Bolivian drummer. Russian, Tahitian, and Bulgarian singers.

And how would you know good guitar music ? Do you play the instrument ? Come back when you can strum 3 chords.

Last edited:
I say magic.

I say garbage. The progenitors of vacuous pop crap.

You would. Beatles would be too Anglo-American for you. You might like a more multicultural band. How's this for your speed ? Algerian lead guitarist. Japanese rythym guitarist. Mongolian bass guitarist. Bolivian drummer. Russian, Tahitian, and Bulgarian singers.

And how would you know good guitar music ? Do you play the instrument ? Come back when you can strum 3 chords.
Let's give credit where credit is due. Unkie is a wind instrument aficionado. He's a master of the meat whistle, skin flute, and bag pipe. Don't sell him short.

I'd rather have John the composer than Clapton the annoying Arpeggio One.
Can that guy play one f*ing riff without going all arpeggio?
To explain this in Navy terms, there aren't too many people in the Lennon Class of composers.

- Paul
- Jagger/Richards
- Townsend
- Dylan
- Fogerty (John)
- Bruce​
It's not a very big list.

Jim Steinman
Harry Chapin

Lennon and McCartyney produced prodigious consistent greatness under pressure.
NO OTHER composer comes close to what they did in the limited time span in which they did it.

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGcGxZfzG94"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGcGxZfzG94[/ame]

The Beatles- The End

To explain this in Navy terms, there aren't too many people in the Lennon Class of composers.

- Paul
- Jagger/Richards
- Townsend
- Dylan
- Fogerty (John)
- Bruce​
It's not a very big list.

Jim Steinman
Harry Chapin

NO OTHER composer comes close to what they did in the limited time span in which they did it.

Bach,Mozart and Beethoven.....composed LOTS of Music in the same amount of time....and what they composed was a lot more complex....

Jim Steinman
Harry Chapin

Bach,Mozart and Beethoven.....composed LOTS of Music in the same amount of time....and what they composed was a lot more complex....

I actually enjoy Mozart and lots of his compositions are derived from his own compositions.
On the other hand, he had to compose on a weekly basis in order to eat.
If he had a contract he would have composed an immense amount of completely original and beautiful music; probably far more than Lennon or McCartney.

I'm not into Bach and Beethoven so I wouldn't know.

I actually enjoy Mozart and lots of his compositions are derived from his own compositions.
On the other hand, he had to compose on a weekly basis in order to eat.
If he had a contract he would have composed an immense amount of completely original and beautiful music; probably far more than Lennon or McCartney.

I'm not into Bach and Beethoven so I wouldn't know.

Mozart did compose far more music than Lennon and McCartney...and he did work under contract some times....though he did not care to do so....

Steinman and Chapin manage it.

Hey...you have to love a guy who writes a song called, In The Land Of The Pigs, The Butcher Is King.

Forum List

Back