The Bears finally have a good quarterback.

Discussion in 'Sports' started by LA RAM FAN, Jan 25, 2011.

1. LA RAM FAN

LA RAM FAN Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,753
    I cannot help but laugh when i say this because as you Bears fans know,Echo, Elvis,you listening? The quarterback who should be the starting quarterback for The Bears next year is Manie,not Cutler.:lol: as you Bear fans saw in that game,he was able to do what Cutler could not do the entire time he played.keep drives alive by moving the ball down the field and scoring points.:lol: Last year when The Bears aquired Cutler,they kept talking about how they finally have a good quarterback.well they were telling the truth alright,they were just talking about Maine,they werent talking about Cutler.:lol:

Manie did not freeze up against a good defense and constantly make bad decisions in the game like Cutler did.Just that interception and thats from a lack of inexperience.Thats the key word i mentioned,constantly.That was just one bad decision.If not for Manie,this game is a blowout like I predicted it to be.See Manie had a good excuse to throw that interception towards the goal line.again that was because of lack of experience.Cutler he STILL makes those boneheaded decisions in this is his fifth year in the NFL.

Remember the Seattlegame when he threw what SHOULD have been an interception at the goal line but the defender had butter fingers and dropped the ball?
    That was the turning point in the game for the Seahawks right there.If he makes that interception,then that takes away the touchdown and The Seahawks have the ball again with the worst thing hapening is they have to punt it to The Bears if their offense does nothing with the ball.when things like that happen on the road to a team like the seahawks,its so disheartening and it hits you like a ton of bricks it hurts so much its hard to go out there and put it behind you knowing that easily was a momentum changer if he makes that play.I been there before,I know.

Cutler still makes the same bad decisions a rookie makes.time to put a real quarterback in there next year and fess up you made a mistake trading for him.Look to see The Bears revert back to their losing ways again next year when they face a much tougher schedule.Plus The Lions are going to better as well next year.With a good offensive coordinater like Mike Martz.sometime down the road Cutler may blossom into a very good quarterback and maybe be a late bloomer like Vinnine Testeverde,but for now,its time to make Maine thestarter for next year and beyond and aim for the superbowl with him and build the team around him.He needs to be their future.major mistake if they dont do that.Cutler is not the answer.

2. Mr. Shaman

Mr. Shaman Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +819
    BZZZZZT!!!

Late-bloomer.....really????? [​IMG]

I can't speak to Chicago's present-situation, as....well....they're an NFC-team; the NFL's version o' The Republican Party: boooorrrring.

Vinny Testaverde is/was your typical Heisman-Trophy-winning/golden-boy BUST!! Yeah, he was one-more o' the University of Miami's QB-"wonders"......until he met PENN STATE'S "D"!!!!!!! (...in '86) After that.....any good NFL-defense spooked-the-shit-outta-him!! The STEELERS proved that, over-and-over.....whether he played for The Browns or The Ravens.

He was a PERFECT-example of.......

Testaverde's "late-bloomer" legacy, to-date?

".....most losses by a starting (NFL) quarterback with 123."

HERE

Carry on..........

:eusa_whistle:

Last edited: Jan 26, 2011
  3. GHook93

GHook93 Aristotle

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +4,931
    Culter took more sacks this years than most QB in history have ever taken. You can't play that record too much without an injury creeping up. However he played tough all season so I have no doubt that if he could have played he would have.

No one here is more angry than me about it, I was at the game and in the 4th quarter the game was very winnable. I froze to see the fudge packers move on!

4. LA RAM FAN

LA RAM FAN Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,753
    your forgetting though that once he hooked up with The jets and Bill Parcells,he became a good quarterback the team could count on to win games for them.Have you already forgotten he took them to the AFC title game? He was in his mid 30's then.I never thought in my wildest imaginations he would ever amount to anything and play great like he did when he joined the jets.:hellno: He was a bust with every other NFL team and that was the reason he wasnt surrounded by a good TEAM with a good coach.Hooking up with parcells saved his career.Thats all he needed was a good coach to push him.yes i will carry on showing how a quaterback can turn his career around late in his career after being a bust his whole career like Testeverde was.someone most other people left for dead and never figured he would amount to anything with the jets either.

Last edited: Jan 26, 2011
  5. Two Thumbs

Two Thumbs Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,589
    Not fully certain cutting cutler now is a great idea. (I wouldn't lose any sleep if they did)

but something that brings our the character in men is 'competition'. Tell cutler that Maine will have his job if he starts to suck. The idea of sitting on the bench before you get traded can be inpirational. Also the idea of coming off the bench and being the "Maine Man" will push Maine to greater heights.

It's a common ploy that works.

6. LA RAM FAN

LA RAM FAN Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,753
    yeah he took more sacks because he is a bad quarterback.:lol: i dont question his toughness,but the fact is that he was horrible even before he had the injury.again like I said,with a much tougher schedule next year in the Lions getting better,expect them to have a losing season next year again.

7. LA RAM FAN

LA RAM FAN Gold Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +2,753
    true enough.Cutler just appears to be backup quarterback material.This is his fifth year and he still makes rookie mistakes like that throw that fortunately for him was not intercepted at the goal line by the seahawks.That is a mistake a rookie like Maine i expect to make but not five year veteran like Cutler.

8. Two Thumbs

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,589
    He needs more help from the O-line. That's where a great offense begins and ends.

9. xotoxi

xotoxi Platinum Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +5,492
    The Bears don't have a QB named Maine or Manie.

Are you thinking of the Mets?

10. Two Thumbs

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +11,589
    I think your right.

Not the Mets part.

dangit, now I'm drawing a blank on that QB's name. :eusa_drool: