The Battle of Midway 1942: Told from the Japanese Perspective

Fact: Japan got their ass kicked

To be honest we lucked out.
Certain things broke our way through no effort of our own.
The best you can say is we kept coming at em even through horrific loses.
In essence it was American guts that won the battle of Midway.
Can of what memorial day is all about.....the bravery of the men that were the early casualties set up the American victory in the end. We should never forget the men and women that died for freedom!

Fly the Flag this weekend!!!

Can of what memorial day is all about.....the bravery of the men that were the early casualties set up the American victory in the end. We should never forget the men and women that died for freedom!

THAT! Too many think it's National BBQ Day
I just chowed down on some BBQ. A local BBQ place runs a memorial weekend special on pulled pork @ $7.00/lbs.....half the normal price.

I love that about my neighborhood!!!
Every house has an American flag flying on the curb!
It's very cool sight to pull into your neighborhood and see the Flag flying as far as you can see.

The only logical explanation for the bungling at Pearl Harbor is that the FDR administration grossly underestimated Japan's military strength and instead relied on racial stereotypes instead of "intelligence". The administration considered the Japanese to be an inferior race that had some mysterious balance and vision problem and as such they would be pushovers in the real war. Four months later the U.S. lost an entire army at Corrigador and Battan while COS Marshall was blaming subordinates for his lack of leadership.

Which in the end turned out to be true in a certain sense.
But as was stated,the Japanese themselves knew that they had to end the war quickly before our massive production ability kicked in.
Another fuck up by the Japanese,all we had to do was sit back on the American mainland and start building weapons of war.
If Japan was unwilling to attack the U.S. mainland they were doomed from the get go.
Which is true, except from what they were seeing from our people (our culture.) They strongly sensed that we as a people just did not want war at any cost. They had seen Churchill begging us to enter, only to see us shun them regardless of what was clearly happening.

One of Sun Tzu's rules in the Art of War is the population being behind a war effort so to speak. They may have been right IF our carriers were destroyed at Pearl Harbor. Although, I do think we would have went to mass production, but our factories were in fact already supplying others in Europe (even though were not officially involved.) Bottom line is if the carriers were lost, there would have been real problems.

Turned out that that there was no real need to even replace the battleships that were lost at Pearl. I am not sure how things would have went in Europe if those carriers were lost. That would have been interesting and I wish someone would do a study (I bet there is one) if the US did lose the carriers at Pearl like the Japs desired most.

Wars are mainly about logistics and those that have the logistical advantages usually win. Yes, the Japs also underestimated the American resolve. They were conditioned ABSOLUTELY that the American public would not respond the way we did.

Fortunately for us the liberal pussies (and they were all around as Mccarthy would later be vindicated) did not yell all that loud like the Japs thought they would and the way they did about not getting involved in Europe.

I fly it every day. When I found out liberals moved in next door, I fly it every day. For 5 years now.

The only logical explanation for the bungling at Pearl Harbor is that the FDR administration grossly underestimated Japan's military strength and instead relied on racial stereotypes instead of "intelligence". The administration considered the Japanese to be an inferior race that had some mysterious balance and vision problem and as such they would be pushovers in the real war. Four months later the U.S. lost an entire army at Corrigador and Battan while COS Marshall was blaming subordinates for his lack of leadership.

Which in the end turned out to be true in a certain sense.
But as was stated,the Japanese themselves knew that they had to end the war quickly before our massive production ability kicked in.
Another fuck up by the Japanese,all we had to do was sit back on the American mainland and start building weapons of war.
If Japan was unwilling to attack the U.S. mainland they were doomed from the get go.
Which is true, except from what they were seeing from our people (our culture.) They strongly sensed that we as a people just did not want war at any cost. They had seen Churchill begging us to enter, only to see us shun them regardless of what was clearly happening.

One of Sun Tzu's rules in the Art of War is the population being behind a war effort so to speak. They may have been right IF our carriers were destroyed at Pearl Harbor. Although, I do think we would have went to mass production, but our factories were in fact already supplying others in Europe (even though were not officially involved.) Bottom line is if the carriers were lost, there would have been real problems.

Turned out that that there was no real need to even replace the battleships that were lost at Pearl. I am not sure how things would have went in Europe if those carriers were lost. That would have been interesting and I wish someone would do a study (I bet there is one) if the US did lose the carriers at Pearl like the Japs desired most.

Wars are mainly about logistics and those that have the logistical advantages usually win. Yes, the Japs also underestimated the American resolve. They were conditioned ABSOLUTELY that the American public would not respond the way we did.

Fortunately for us the liberal pussies (and they were all around as Mccarthy would later be vindicated) did not yell all that loud like the Japs thought they would and the way they did about not getting involved in Europe.

Logistics stand out the most as to why we would eventually beat the Japanese as long as we had the will to fight.
The bombing of Pearl gave us that will.

There was no way in hell the Japanese could out produce us and they knew it.
Although I'll give the little fuckers credit for being dedicated to the cause. I would have said Fuck it after the first nuke hit.
I mean how do you fight that when we had air superiority?

Old Glory flies everyday at our home.

The only thing that keeps me from flying it daily is the rain and the lighting.
Ya gotta pull it in every night or light it,which I could deal with.
It's the taking it down for every rain that's the issue.

Then you need to burn them when they get worn. Fold them and then burn them.

I just chowed down on some BBQ. A local BBQ place runs a memorial weekend special on pulled pork @ $7.00/lbs.....half the normal price.

That is pretty damn cheap considering the time involved.
I always laugh at the people who complain about the cost of BBQ'd brisket.
I tell em to buy an offset and try and create a good brisket worth eating.
It took me a good five years to get it right with any consistency.
Pork is easy but time consuming.

Then you need to burn them when they get worn. Fold them and then burn them.

When ours get worn out we give them to the local Boy Scout troop for proper disposal.

Here, just watch. No words, just BBQ. It is a 12 minute video......trust me.

Here, just watch. No words, just BBQ. It is a 12 minute video......trust me.

Oooooh Yeah!!!!
Pork Belly Kicks Ass!!!!
Our biggest problem is they're so damn rich!!
We can barely finish a rack of baby backs.

Why was Midway of such strategic importance to the Japanese? They couldn't use it for a air base when the U.S. Navy pretty much had control over the area. My guess is that the Japanese thought it was an easy victory. Halsey was laid up during the battle but it was his strategy that suckered the Japanese into trap.

Why was Midway of such strategic importance to the Japanese? They couldn't use it for a air base when the U.S. Navy pretty much had control over the area. My guess is that the Japanese thought it was an easy victory. Halsey was laid up during the battle but it was his strategy that suckered the Japanese into trap.
The key were the carriers. They wanted them. So yes, they wanted to draw them out.

For them a quick victory meant sinking the US fleet. They knew a long drawn out war would not be feasible.

Why was Midway of such strategic importance to the Japanese? They couldn't use it for a air base when the U.S. Navy pretty much had control over the area. My guess is that the Japanese thought it was an easy victory.

According to the vid it was a means to draw out the U.S. Navy so they could finish it off.
And they almost succeeded.
"Draw out and finish off the U.S. Navy?. Intelligence data seems to indicate that Japan wanted to avoid contact with the USN and achieve some sort of a symbolic but relatively meaningless victory when the war seemed to be turning against them.

Why was Midway of such strategic importance to the Japanese? They couldn't use it for a air base when the U.S. Navy pretty much had control over the area. My guess is that the Japanese thought it was an easy victory.

According to the vid it was a means to draw out the U.S. Navy so they could finish it off.
"Draw out and finish off the U.S. Navy?. Intelligence data seems to indicate that Japan wanted to avoid contact with the USN and achieve some sort of a symbolic but relatively meaningless victory when the war seemed to be turning against them.

The vid says different. I'm no navel historian but it makes sense.
This is Midway at the beginning of the war so I dont see them avoiding contact. In fact they instigated contact.
I mean this was the second confrontation after Pearl so ya gotta think the japs were still in the Kill em now mindset.

Midway was only 6 months after Pearl Harbor, and they felt the ONLY reason the US were not showing signs of backing down were the carriers. With the exception of the Coral Sea conflict Japan had been getting decisive victories with no real response from the US. Hell, from a stand point of tonnage lost, the Japanese won that conflict too. However, they really didn't since they failed to achieve their objective.

Watch that video. It's interesting.

Anyway, Japan for the most part were getting decisive victories, like the Philippines. Bataan specifically. Those scumbags.

Here was a big defeat of the US Navy....

There is a gentleman at my club, he is 97 (yes NINETY SEVEN) Benny Aufiero, was a raider Marine at Guadalcanal and he was at Okinawa. He leaves every May for New Jersey, and his son and I take him out for dinner. Anyway, just had that dinner last Sunday. Always have great talks. He still has a great memory. He has stories about that Naval defeat of the US at Savo Island. Interesting stuff.

Yes, admiral nagumo certainly did have a dilemma. I like how this is done and it is worth a watch for those that enjoy watching accurate information about historical events.

Especially, the way he gives us the Japanese perspective.

Worth a watch.

interesting militasy logistics......~S~

Forum List

Back