The average length of unemployment is higher than it's been since government began tr

No wonder poll after poll shows a steady erosion of confidence in the stimulus. So what kind of second-act stimulus should we look for? Something that might have a real multiplier effect, not a congressional wish list of pet programs. It is critical that the Obama administration not play politics with the issue. The time to get ready for a serious infrastructure program is now. It's a shame Washington didn't get it right the first time.

Right on to than sentiment

I know all kinds of people in all kinds of fields (with all kinds of education and long work histories) who are either out of work, scrambling to keep businesses going in these hard times, or tragically underemployed.

Had a small gathering of people at my place this Sunday to celebrate Bastille day.

Three of us realized that we had collectively about a million dollars worth of commercial real estate, we all own our own businesses, all of which need cash to keep growing (and if you're not growing you're dying) , and yet between the three of us we didn't have any real cash and our businesses couldn't borrow any, either.

We are, as they used to call it LAND POOR.

Times are hard and I see nothing happening that's really changing that status down here on Main Street.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back