The Anti-mary Landrieu Ad That Is Catching Fire

This ad could apply to any democrat stronghold. Specifically, Detroit and Chicago.

But this ad does NOT apply to JUST the Democrats. Both party's are guilty of not solving the problems of the people. They are looking to sip their champagne, gather more power, and get richer by the month.

Powerful ad....Now let the liberals begin the co-opting of the message!

The ad doesn't mention the opponent once, and it doesn't have to. This is the type of ad that can really change the election.

Tell Louisiana Republicans Stop blocking the Medicaid expansion CREDO Mobilize

GOP has blocked health care for a quarter million people in Louisiana. Look at what they did after Katrina. No matter what they imagine Mary did, she could never be as awful as the GOP.

Notice the GOP never came out and said they would help anyone?
Healthcare does not change the kinds of problems discussed in the ad. This is more of your dishonesty and deflection from what is essentially, a rare animal.

A political ad that tells the truth.

What you want is more dependency. What these people, and all Americans need, is less dependency and a society that promotes skills and efforts on ones own behalf.

Those who promote giving people back their lives should use these kinds of ads to display exactly what occurs when neighborhoods and whole communities rely upon government to 'fix' things; instead of fixing them without government.

Yup. This ad talks about black unemployment and how it has doubled since she took office (1996) and the amount of people who are in poverty has skyrocketed.

This ad could apply to any democrat stronghold. Specifically, Detroit and Chicago.

But this ad does NOT apply to JUST the Democrats. Both party's are guilty of not solving the problems of the people. They are looking to sip their champagne, gather more power, and get richer by the month.

Powerful ad....Now let the liberals begin the co-opting of the message!

True -- what he's describing, whether fantasy or not (nothing's documented) is the entrenched Republicrat faux-two party system. Won't be any different if she loses to a Demoblican.

His math is off btw -- 1997 to 2014 is seventeen years.

Last edited:
Blacks are stupid if they expect Democrats to help them. Why should they? They'll vote "D" no matter what......

The ad doesn't mention the opponent once, and it doesn't have to. This is the type of ad that can really change the election.

Not "once" -- must have been a dozen times...

He didn't mention Landrieu's opponent Bill Cassidy

I see. Actually she has three Republican opponents and a few from other affiliates.

No I don't think that's effective to not name an alternative. You can't overestimate the attention span of the average voter already bombarded with so much sensory input. Not only are three Republicans going to dilute each other but the man on the street is left with no name in his head except "Mary Landrieu" (except for Elbert Guillory, who's not running for that seat). At best if the message to NOT vote for her sticks, the vote against her is diffused among several candidates and Mary coasts.

I see. Actually she has three Republican opponents and a few from other affiliates.

No I don't think that's effective to not name an alternative. You can't overestimate the attention span of the average voter already bombarded with so much sensory input. Not only are three Republicans going to dilute each other but the man on the street is left with no name in his head except "Mary Landrieu" (except for Elbert Guillory, who's not running for that seat). At best if the message to NOT vote for her sticks, the vote against her is diffused among several candidates and Mary coasts.

I would agree, but 95% of blacks vote for the democrat anyways, so I don't think it's too big of a deal. I think a lot of people know the two main candidates in this election (Cassidy and Landrieu)

So, if they can get ANY votes away from Landrieu, it's a win.

I would agree, but 95% of blacks vote for the democrat anyways, so I don't think it's too big of a deal. I think a lot of people know the two main candidates in this election (Cassidy and Landrieu)

So, if they can get ANY votes away from Landrieu, it's a win.

I understand the objective. But in my experience it's never an effective marketing message to tell your audience to "not" do something. That's why boycotts rarely ever work.

I think if you don't give your audience a target (a positive), and keep pounding that target's name relentlessly, you don't sell it. Telling voters "don't vote for Landrieu" only generates apathy. It's easy to not-do something; you just stay home. You need to sell the the idea of "vote for Cassidy" -- to take an action rather than refraining from taking one.

And again, if you don't identify "Cassidy", you diffuse the anti-vote.

Forum List

Back