Titanic tourist submarine goes missing in the Atlantic Ocean

5 people on board. They charge $125K for the dive and $250K per person for the total trip so not a lot of people onboard. It is possible they surfaced somewhere else off course for some reason in an emergency, but I wouldn't hold out much hope if the US is already dispatching another sub to the area to search.

A tourist submarine has gone missing in the North Atlantic while on a dive to view the wreck of RMS Titanic. A search and rescue mission was under way on Monday morning, according to the Boston coastguard.

A spokesman for the coastguard confirmed to the Guardian that “a small submarine with five persons onboard had gone missing in the vicinity of the Titanic wreck”. The news was first reported by the BBC.

Tourist submarine? Big nuclear subs can stay down for months. How long can a tourist sub last?
92 hours from one report I saw. Supposed to have safeties that cause it to auto surface if something goes wrong. My money is on one of those unruly killer whales that has been attacking boats got em.

had at least 5 in it and its the size of a minivan. I'm thinking someone did not think this through. Allegedly launched 4am sunday..YESTERDAY?? and no communications. last known location was 2500 feet down.

Forum List

Back