The American Right, Paranoid

So I guess the liberal paranoia of the United States ad an evil empire never crossed your mind. You post a biased article from a now defunct piece of shit magazine from 1964. Oh, yes, that's right, liberals want it to be 1960's forever. A march, a protest, a complaint a day. Whoopee! Or as Rev. Wright said..."Goddamn America."
This doesn't make any sense, as usual.

'Liberals' do not perceive the United States as an 'evil empire.'

They are appropriately and correctly critical of reckless and irresponsible conservative foreign policy that manifested during the Bush years, ignorant idiocy such as starting wars to 'nation build' in countries with no tradition of democracy.

Now we're forced to address the consequence of that ignorance and idiocy with the likes of ISIS and a generally destabilized ME.

This country is only as strong as it's fiercest (domestic) critic.

We live in a country that allows that. Many don't.

So I guess the liberal paranoia of the United States ad an evil empire never crossed your mind. You post a biased article from a now defunct piece of shit magazine from 1964. Oh, yes, that's right, liberals want it to be 1960's forever. A march, a protest, a complaint a day. Whoopee! Or as Rev. Wright said..."Goddamn America."
Actually the Reich article was a reprint from a college text on political ideologies, "the Political Spectrum."

Reich is not partisan...sure.
The topic is the American right is paranoid, and posters are presenting arguments for and against, so it might be possible that some contributions are partisan and not neutral nor pure in thought.

I hope I can eventually gain access to this article but you can see the conservative right remains the same today as in the past. While some above quibble over words consider the following quote.

"Sometimes they are referred to as the 'radical Right.' But the fact is that there is nothing radical about them. They offer no novel solutions to the problems that plague them; indeed, they offer no solutions at all. They are immensely discontented with things as they are and furiously impatient with almost everyone in public office who can in any way be held responsible for their frustrations. But it cannot be said that they hold any clearly stated objectives or have any specific program either in common or individuals. They are fundamentally and temperamentally 'aginners.' And perhaps the commonest characteristic among them is anger. They can fairly be called, if nothing else, the Rampageous Right."

The Rude Pundit

Barth, Alan. 1961. "Report on the Rampageous Right." New York Times Magazine, November 26.

The Rude Pundit

Forum List

Back