The American problem? Our "poor" have it too easy.

what put them in that position? what aren't they working to get out of it? someone that poor could easily get free grants for school and better themselves.

emotional garbage has no place here

There are lots of highly skilled jobs that pay absolute crap. I made less doing computer aided drafting than I do now scrubbing toilets. And I got nowhere near the benefits

Ah the mythologies that breed hard-heartedness :p

I have a hard time believing that CAD operators make less than janitors. At one of my engineering clients, the CAD guys make good bank.

Perhaps you just sucked at CAD and excel at toilet scrubbing.

:lol:
Anyone who'd pick R&D/manufacturing as an occupation, presently, would be outta-their-mind.

Pro-E, here.​

There are lots of highly skilled jobs that pay absolute crap. I made less doing computer aided drafting than I do now scrubbing toilets. And I got nowhere near the benefits

Ah the mythologies that breed hard-heartedness :p

I have a hard time believing that CAD operators make less than janitors. At one of my engineering clients, the CAD guys make good bank.

that is a possibility, but after completing two years of schooling, the top dollar I could make for being expected to have all the mental faculties of an engineer was 12/hr, with minimal benefits. The biggest waste of time and money I ever made :p
....Especially if your intentions were to do a thorough/quality job!!

Businesses talk-about Quality being Priority 1, but Schedule will ALWAYS be Priority 1!!!

Keep crankin'-out the garbage....on time....'cause your manager's only into it for the bonu$!!

Wankin.gif

that is a possibility, but after completing two years of schooling, the top dollar I could make for being expected to have all the mental faculties of an engineer was 12/hr, with minimal benefits. The biggest waste of time and money I ever made :p

Businesses talk-about Quality being Priority 1, but Schedule will ALWAYS be Priority 1!!!

Keep crankin'-out the garbage....on time....'cause your manager's only into it for the bonu$!!

Wankin.gif

nothing like 8+ hours in a cubical to make one feel like a veil-calf ;)

WE'RE dependent on the STATE, huh??

WCNLAC4.jpg

EVERYTHING'S dependent-upon the bottom-line!

Despite what the Teabaggers insist, Capitali$m trumped Nationalism, right after WWII.​

That picture is correct. This is the STATE, the STATE we must forever rid ourselves of.

Please don't quote Sheman... I have him on ignore so the only time I see his kindergarten style posts when he gets quoted.
Aw, c'mon.....I always offer ice, after each ass-kickin' you get!!

icehotel3.jpg

Try showin' some gratitude!!​

Wankin.gif

nothing like 8+ hours in a cubical to make one feel like a veil-calf ;)
Absolutely!!

Oh, to be $cott Adam$!!!!

I was one of them. I grew up poor. And thank God I grew up as a "poor" person in America............because unlike the rest of the world, I had all the opportunities to work myself into a middle class life. I took advantage of a free public education and my parents made me get good grades (or else!). Took advantage of several chances to improve my future, and did so.

Had I grown up poor in just about any other country on Earth, I'd have remained poor.

But in America, staying in our poor class is a choice. That choice is much easier made in youth, and the choice to get out of it gets harder as one gets older.

There has always been opportunity in this country.

But some Americans grow up with two strikes against them while others grow up standing on third base.

Doesn't mean everyone has an equal chance to score

So I guess the Libs agree with the President when he was campaigning and said to Joe the plumber...."We need to spread the wealth around".

We will let those that produce in the country like the Husband and Wife owners of small business's go out and struggle to make a go of it and benefit from the Bush tax cuts which by the way allowed them to KEEP MORE OF THEIR money.Then the Libs come along and scream that the wealthy have too damm much money and scream that the Bush tax cuts
need to be taken away because the base for the Democrat party doesn't like that fact that those that worked hard to make it have more then they do....:eusa_eh:

How does one "Spread the wealth" to someone like Joe the Plummer?

If you are an overreacting right winger, you run around like Chicken Little screaming that Obama wants to confiscate money from rich people and give it to poor Joe

To a liberal it means you want to level the playing field a little. Give Joe better opportunities by subsidizing his training as a plummer, give him a small business loan so that he can start his own business, offer him help in running his business

All things Republicans have tried to kill in the last two years

Hmm. This thread got dug up from the grave. Why?

I bet way back when I started this thread, there were lots of unemployed people who read it. Bitching about not having a job. I bet now, they're still unemployed, and have passed on several paying jobs that were "below" them in their opinion.

Meanwhile, most of the rest of us have sucked it up and found a way to make life work. Sorry boys. Obomber ain't gonna save ya!

I am sure that you and everyone else on this board is willing to trade places with them

I'm with you, I don't blame the poor. I actually blame you for incenting them to not work, blaming everyone but them for their situation and telling them they have a right to other people's money and should have zero appreciation for it.

If you are an overreacting right winger, you run around like Chicken Little screaming that Obama wants to confiscate money from rich people and give it to poor Joe
Well, you do overreact and run around like Chicken little screaming, but I don't remember you accusing Obama of confiscating money from anyone, can you remind me when you did that?

To a liberal it means you want to level the playing field a little. Give Joe better opportunities by subsidizing his training as a plummer, give him a small business loan so that he can start his own business, offer him help in running his business

Actually Republicans do those things for themselves, Democrats hand it off to government to try todo what you said, but every time it fails they blame everyone else for it. The solution was personal accountability to help people and do it for themselves. We have zero results from trillions of dollars trying to do what you said and yet you have zero recognition government doing it doesn't work and advocate trillions more to do the same. The definition of insanity...

This is the root of why we are struggling. The poor have it too easy. We have a massive class of people that are purely dependent on others to get by. Here is how.....

If our poor knew education was the key to survival, they'd be flocking the free libraries to get a better education than what our failed schools are giving. And using the free internet. But they aren't. They would also stop spending money on high-priced shoes, rims for their cars, expensive cars in general, video games, plasma tv's........and of course drugs. What a "poor" person in America spends on cable tv, a tv, rims, a cell phone, clothes, could buy a semester at community college. But priorities aren't there. Because they KNOW the gov't will not let them starve or die.

If our poor were truly starving, they'd be desperate to learn how to plant and grow their own food. But they aren't. Not only are they not finding ways to create their own food, but they are taking in so many excess calories that they are obsese. Like most of America. They do not need to worry about how to grow or find food, they know food stamps are always gonna be there. Otherwise, we'd see protests in the ghettos demanding the gov't allow some parks to be used as food growing land for them.

Our "poor" live a life that is rich compared the 95% of the other humans on planet Earth. The reason we have class warfare is envy, not necessity. Our poor have it too easy. If it was a necessity, they'd strive for their own education. They'd find ways to grow their own food, start their own businesses, find their own housing. Necessity creates quite a bit of innovation and efficiency.

But our "poor" know this.....they will be taken care of. They use the ER as a personal doctor. They get food stamps. They get $50 a month subsidized apartments. They get welfare. They get free education, soon to get free wireless internet. Hell, Jesse Jackson Jr. just said he wants a Constitutional amendment that guarantees people in the ghetto a "right to an Ipad and Ipod".

They know that we the people will keep finding a way to keep them alive and living a relatively easy life. So then it becomes that their only gripe is that what we are giving them is not as nice or fancy as what the rest of us have earned. They're spoiled brats. Their free apartment isn't as nice as the one I bought, and they're pissed. The food their food stamps buy is not as good as the food I worked for to buy, and they're pissed. The free welfare money they got is not enough to buy the same car I did with the money I earned and they demand that be changed immediately.

And then you have what I call the "Poor College Grad". He's the guy that all through college took "Diversity 101" or "Cultural Studies". He was in all the socially cool clubs. Wore the Che t-shirts. Hated Bush of course. Meanwhile, he was doing little to secure his financial future, learn to invest, learning to start a business. Instead, he decided to become more worldly, and less practical, only to become a whiny, pissed off 27 year old college grad who is pissed that his brilliance in the world of sociology could only get him a job cooking for Noodles.

And thats the problem we have in America right now.

what a load of crap , how christian of you

I am sure that you and everyone else on this board is willing to trade places with them

I'm with you, I don't blame the poor. I actually blame you for incenting them to not work, blaming everyone but them for their situation and telling them they have a right to other people's money and should have zero appreciation for it.

Damn you poor people!

If you don't start making more money, I'm going to have to stop being so nice to you

Damn you poor people!

If you don't start making more money, I'm going to have to stop being so nice to you

Do you ever actually read posts you're responding to? I said I don't blame them, I blame you. Try to pay attention.

Well, you do overreact and run around like Chicken little screaming, but I don't remember you accusing Obama of confiscating money from anyone, can you remind me when you did that?

Actually Republicans do those things for themselves, Democrats hand it off to government to try todo what you said, but every time it fails they blame everyone else for it. The solution was personal accountability to help people and do it for themselves. We have zero results from trillions of dollars trying to do what you said and yet you have zero recognition government doing it doesn't work and advocate trillions more to do the same. The definition of insanity...

You mean we waste trillions of dollars trying to educate people? We waste money giving small business loans?

Oh ...I forgot

republicans only throw money at millionaires and wait for it to trickle down. Spread the wealth.......Upwards

You mean we waste trillions of dollars trying to educate people? We waste money giving small business loans?

Oh ...I forgot

republicans only throw money at millionaires and wait for it to trickle down. Spread the wealth.......Upwards

I've pointed this out to you before. This is your problem, you are "waiting." It doesn't come to you unless you work for it

I was one of them. I grew up poor. And thank God I grew up as a "poor" person in America............because unlike the rest of the world, I had all the opportunities to work myself into a middle class life. I took advantage of a free public education and my parents made me get good grades (or else!). Took advantage of several chances to improve my future, and did so.

Had I grown up poor in just about any other country on Earth, I'd have remained poor.

But in America, staying in our poor class is a choice. That choice is much easier made in youth, and the choice to get out of it gets harder as one gets older.

Why were your parents lazy and shiftless?

Forum List

Back