The American problem? Our "poor" have it too easy.

Blame the poor for our downfall because they control so much of our economy.

How massively self deluded does someone have to be to manage to accept such silliness?

The poor dont control enough power to take us down.

Maybe you should look at the people who actually have power if you want to know how we got here.

The poor aren't holding us down or pulling us down.

The mindset of charity that our middle and upper class have towards the poor is what allows for a society that will not allow the poor to starve to death in our streets. We as a society have such charitable hearts that we allow our gov't to nearly go bankrupt by having massive entitlements to ensure a relatively easy life for our "poor".

However, there are far too many who take advantage of that as a way to never take responsibility for themselves. So when a time like now comes, where entitlements are really bankrupting us, we cannot cut them without a lot of heartache. Too many people are too dependent on them. We created a culture of dependency. And thats a problem.

We have a 13 trillion dollar economy and under 300 million people living in this country.

There should NOT be any poor people.
Not that you are a competent judge of these things, or have any sound argument to that effect.

How massively self deluded does someone have to be to manage to accept such silliness?

Maybe you should look at the people who actually have power if you want to know how we got here.

The mindset of charity that our middle and upper class have towards the poor is what allows for a society that will not allow the poor to starve to death in our streets. We as a society have such charitable hearts that we allow our gov't to nearly go bankrupt by having massive entitlements to ensure a relatively easy life for our "poor".

However, there are far too many who take advantage of that as a way to never take responsibility for themselves. So when a time like now comes, where entitlements are really bankrupting us, we cannot cut them without a lot of heartache. Too many people are too dependent on them. We created a culture of dependency. And thats a problem.

We have a 13 trillion dollar economy and under 300 million people living in this country.

It all comes down to what you refer to as poor.

Reletive to other countries, a vast majority of our poor are not poor.....Our poor have many things that other countries see as a luxury.

So whereas as words what you say is true...in reality it is not.

You are an asshole and an idiot. The asshole comment is self explanatory. As far as drug addicts...you are an idiot. By far and away most homeless are alcoholics or have mental health issues. There are a small percentage of drug abusers. The vast majority of people accepting assistance such as food stamps, cash or medical assistance are not homeless. They are desperately struggling to maintain a home and family in unfortunate circumstance. Your observations are astoundingly vacant of compassion and intelligence.

Huggy, I normally agree with you about 99% of the time.
You are so correct about the homeless as they are primarily mental health issue related and alcohol as alcohol is the cheapest drug.
But the vast majority accepting food stamps, free lunches for kids, housing assistance and Medicaid are dead beats. They are lazy and will not work in most cases.The exception are SHORT TERM people that apply for assistance. Long term assistance is LIFE STYLE. I agree with you on the folks accepting short term assistance but when you have generations of a family on assistance it is because they ARE DEAD BEATS.
And they are the overwhelming majority. Brood mares should get no $$$.

You do know alot of people on food stamps, medicaid, and whose kids get the free lunches are people who work right?

What is " a lot"? I am sure some do but I oppose food stamp program. That is RETAIL written, lobbied and passed by grocery association. Fraud is rampant. I favor distribution of food wholesale, self gardening-at least 4 hours a week per recipient. Land for farming and work for unemployed to feed themselves. No crybabies and no free rides.
Concerning free lunch program in Georgia. Family of 4 kids with income UP TO $55,000.00 A YEAR? All get a free lunch. In New York state it is much higher.
That is wrong, wrong and wrong. A man that can not feed THE FIRST KID, I favor helping him.
WTF are they HAVING MORE kids when they CAN NOT FEED THE FIRST KID?????
I should not HAVE TO PAY for someone being a dumbass TIMES THREE AND MORE.
If you can not pay your damn bills, DO NOT HAVE KIDS.

You are an asshole and an idiot. The asshole comment is self explanatory. As far as drug addicts...you are an idiot. By far and away most homeless are alcoholics or have mental health issues. There are a small percentage of drug abusers. The vast majority of people accepting assistance such as food stamps, cash or medical assistance are not homeless. They are desperately struggling to maintain a home and family in unfortunate circumstance. Your observations are astoundingly vacant of compassion and intelligence.

Huggy, I normally agree with you about 99% of the time.
You are so correct about the homeless as they are primarily mental health issue related and alcohol as alcohol is the cheapest drug.
But the vast majority accepting food stamps, free lunches for kids, housing assistance and Medicaid are dead beats. They are lazy and will not work in most cases.The exception are SHORT TERM people that apply for assistance. Long term assistance is LIFE STYLE. I agree with you on the folks accepting short term assistance but when you have generations of a family on assistance it is because they ARE DEAD BEATS.
And they are the overwhelming majority. Brood mares should get no $$$.

You do know alot of people on food stamps, medicaid, and whose kids get the free lunches are people who work right?
I remember when I was in, counseling my younger enlisted...that E-5's and below with spouse and 2 kids qualified for food stamps and I would help them sign up if needed.

No kidding. And that's why Republicans are going to be such winners.

Did you read anyhing other then the highlighted part? Because if you did and still dont have contempt for people like that.............your a union member. Oh....and a moron.
Cherry pick much?

I don't just read highlighted parts...but I DO highlight them because I feel they need to see the light of day more....and it's pretty amazing how posters (like you, maybe?) get all hostile when their own words are highlighted like that. You'd think, since they wrote them, they'd be willing to stand by them......odd how it seems to generate hostility as if people were ashamed of their own words suddenly.

And I'm not in a union...nor an employee...I am an employer...a rather successful one at the moment....tho it is odd for you to rant about "your a union member" when this is a thread about America's poor. Did you take a wrong thread turn somewhere?

So let me get this straight.....you would hire and retain and give people raises that wont work for them? I would say that makes you a MORON!!!!
That you think it's acceptable to be a lazy ass and demand a raise ...yes that makes you a MORON !!!
You think it's Ok to refuse to do something because you think it's below you,and that person should still get a raise!!!! Yes again that makes you a MORON!!!!
I dont see how you could have anything but contempt for people like that.
If you dont........again MORON!!!!
If you actually are an employer I dont see you staying in bussiness for long with that type of hiring practices.
And if you say it works for you then your a liar:eusa_liar:. No bussiness can operate like that. Period!!!!:cuckoo:

Did you read anyhing other then the highlighted part? Because if you did and still dont have contempt for people like that.............your a union member. Oh....and a moron.
Cherry pick much?

I don't just read highlighted parts...but I DO highlight them because I feel they need to see the light of day more....and it's pretty amazing how posters (like you, maybe?) get all hostile when their own words are highlighted like that. You'd think, since they wrote them, they'd be willing to stand by them......odd how it seems to generate hostility as if people were ashamed of their own words suddenly.

And I'm not in a union...nor an employee...I am an employer...a rather successful one at the moment....tho it is odd for you to rant about "your a union member" when this is a thread about America's poor. Did you take a wrong thread turn somewhere?

So let me get this straight.....you would hire and retain and give people raises that wont work for them? I would say that makes you a MORON!!!!

Um...where did I say I would do such a thing.....and if you need to make stuff up about me to make me "look" like a moron, I suspect it says a lot more about you and your moronic postings.
That you think it's acceptable to be a lazy ass and demand a raise ...yes that makes you a MORON !!!

Again, you have to make stuff up about me in order to make me look like I am a moron. Apparently you can't make me look moronic by telling the truth. It says a lot more about you and your moronic postings.

You think it's Ok to refuse to do something because you think it's below you,and that person should still get a raise!!!! Yes again that makes you a MORON!!!!

For the third time, you lie about me having said something that I never ever said....sems after all that it is you who are the Moron....a lying moron too.

I dont see how you could have anything but contempt for people like that.
If you dont........again MORON!!!!

I don't paint poor people with the same brush that you do...that's for morons and liars like you.

If you actually are an employer I dont see you staying in bussiness for long with that type of hiring practices.

Well, I don't have the hiring practices you feel the need to lie about to make your moronic point, if that's what you mean. And I'm doing quite well. Quite well indeed.

And if you say it works for you then your a liar:eusa_liar:. No bussiness can operate like that. Period!!!!:cuckoo:

You are a very strange person...you call others morons while you display moronic behavior and you call others liar while you lie about them. Very strange indeed. Are you sure you aren't doing these moronic lies to make people on the Right look like moronic liars?

Last edited:

Um...where did I say I would do such a thing.....and if you need to make stuff up about me to make me "look" like a moron, I suspect it says a lot more about you and your moronic postings.

Again, you have to make stuff up about me in order to make me look like I am a moron. Apparently you can't make me look moronic by telling the truth. It says a lot more about you and your moronic postings.

For the third time, you lie about me having said something that I never ever said....sems after all that it is you who are the Moron....a lying moron too.

I don't paint poor people with the same brush that you do...that's for morons and liars like you.

Well, I don't have the hiring practices you feel the need to lie about to make your moronic point, if that's what you mean. And I'm doing quite well. Quite well indeed.

You are a very strange person...you call others morons while you display moronic behavior and you call others liar while you lie about them. Very strange indeed. Are you sure you aren't doing these moronic lies to make people on the Right look like moronic liars?

So you do have contempt for people like that or not? Get your story straight.
You highlighted "my contempt for people like that" and you go on to defend them.
You totally ignored the rest of my post. If you think lazy arrogant bums deserve a raise your nuts.
And I did not say everyone was like that. You said I painted with a broad brush...BS!
That you would defend people like that tells me you just like to argue,because no sane person would disaree with what i've said.
When a person works hard and gets ahead in life by his or hers own merit. Thats a good thing!!!!! When a lazy bum demands equal pay as the hard worker .....thats a bad thing!!!
How hard is that to understand? Comrade.

There aren't. The lower class of America is among the richest 5% of humans on Earth.

We do not have "poor" people. We do have a relative lower class within our country, however.

This ain't a hippie commune, swallow.... If you don't earn and provide for yourself, guess what, you're poor... regardless of how much others can and do make.... we have the freedom to succeed that goes and in hand with the freedom to fail

Go fuck yourself you little pissant gay boy.

And I am sick and tired of assholes like yourself getting on the cases of people that find themselves in dire straights because of circumstances beyond their control like medical expenses yet fully support the industrial military complex which forces our military to make war on people that did nothing to hurt us.

You're a fucking bloody jerk..top to bottom. And a stinking little wiggly maggot with no manners.

This ain't a hippie commune, swallow.... If you don't earn and provide for yourself, guess what, you're poor... regardless of how much others can and do make.... we have the freedom to succeed that goes and in hand with the freedom to fail

And I am sick and tired of assholes like yourself getting on the cases of people that find themselves in dire straights because of circumstances beyond their control like medical expenses yet fully support the industrial military complex which forces our military to make war on people that did nothing to hurt us.

You're a fucking bloody jerk..top to bottom. And a stinking little wiggly maggot with no manners.

So you dont believe there are any people in the lower class that are less wealthy simply because they are lazy? Or because they committed crimes in their past? Or because they just LIKE living a simple, risk free life of a simple man?

You think every "poor" person is poor because only of situations outside their own control? You're living in a bubble dude.

Diamond Dave used no vulgarity whatsoever...yet you called him as one without manners?
And we dont get on the cases of those that find themselves in dire straights due to circumstances out of their control.

Instead, we are sick and tired of people like you propping up those that made bad decisions in their lives and refer to them as victims...

If someone opted to drop out of school and pump gas for a living....that was a hell of a bad decsison he made on his own....likely made becuase he preferred to party on a tuesday night as opposed to study for an exam.

If someone took a mortgage that they couldnt afford.....bad decision.

If someone took a job with a company that went out of business....shit happens....

If someone lost money in the stock market....hey....they gambled and lost. Shit happens.

Whos fault is it that they did not read the fine print?

Whos fault is it that they didnt listen to the warnings and had unprotected sex at the age of 16?

Why was the onlt example you can give one of what likely makes up a very small percentage of who you and others like you claim deserve more in entitlements?

• Thanks
Reactions: blu

Diamond Dave used no vulgarity whatsoever...yet you called him as one without manners?
And we dont get on the cases of those that find themselves in dire straights due to circumstances out of their control.

Instead, we are sick and tired of people like you propping up those that made bad decisions in their lives and refer to them as victims...

If someone opted to drop out of school and pump gas for a living....that was a hell of a bad decsison he made on his own....likely made becuase he preferred to party on a tuesday night as opposed to study for an exam.

If someone took a job with a company that went out of business....shit happens....

If someone lost money in the stock market....hey....they gambled and lost. Shit happens.

Whos fault is it that they didnt listen to the warnings and had unprotected sex at the age of 16?

Why was the onlt example you can give one of what likely makes up a very small percentage of who you and others like you claim deserve more in entitlements?

Holy Shit man you cant possibly be talking about personal responsibilty!!!
It's not there fault if they do a half ass job at work,it's somebody else's.
You know damn good and well somebody forced the guy to buy that house he couldnt afford.
What are you thinken!!!!! It's the evil republicans fault,just like allways.

Well.. I can be vulgar.... part of who I am... I make no apologies for it

But you got everything else spot on... it's these lefty coddling fools who want others to make up for their bad decisions, mistakes, circumstances, etc

Widows, orphans, the poor, unions, public sector unions, teachers, Democrats, liberals, the "left," socialists ...... apparently anyone who has the misfortune not to act or think like one of the chosen few!

There appears to be no end to the list of designated "scapegoats" - as Americans are encouraged to indulge in an orgy of "eating their own!"

All we need do is focus on the one (and there is only one) select group who already controls most of the nation's wealth and has continues to benefit financially, to determine whose best interests are being served by this frenzy of political "cannibalism" and why it is imperative to divert the public's attention away from the source!

This is all being orchestrated behind closed doors and its purpose is to promote "We the "Wealthy" of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union ..... for the United States of America."

Last edited:
The American problem? Our "poor" have it too easy.
Yeah.....those 1%ers/high-roller$ are workin' themselves "ragged".

Wankin.gif

"For the 400 U.S. taxpayers with the highest adjusted gross income, the effective federal income tax rate—what they actually pay—fell from almost 30 percent in 1995 to just under 17 percent in 2007, according to the IRS. And for the approximately 1.4 million people who make up the top 1 percent of taxpayers, the effective federal income tax rate dropped from 29 percent to 23 percent in 2008. It may seem too fantastic to be true, but the top 400 end up paying a lower rate than the next 1,399,600 or so.

That's not just good luck. It's often the result of hard work, as suggested by some of the strategies in the following pages. Much of the top 400's income is from dividends and capital gains, generated by everything from appreciated real estate—yes, there is some left—to stocks and the sale of family businesses. As Warren Buffett likes to point out, since most of his income is from dividends, his tax rate is less than that of the people who clean his office.

The true effective rate for multimillionaires is actually far lower than that indicated by official government statistics. That's because those figures fail to include the additional income that's generated by many sophisticated tax-avoidance strategies. Several of those techniques involve some variation of complicated borrowings that never get repaid, netting the beneficiaries hundreds of millions in tax-free cash."

Still looking for someone willing to trade places with a poor person

This is the root of why we are struggling. The poor have it too easy. We have a massive class of people that are purely dependent on others to get by. Here is how.....

If our poor knew education was the key to survival, they'd be flocking the free libraries to get a better education than what our failed schools are giving. And using the free internet. But they aren't. They would also stop spending money on high-priced shoes, rims for their cars, expensive cars in general, video games, plasma tv's........and of course drugs. What a "poor" person in America spends on cable tv, a tv, rims, a cell phone, clothes, could buy a semester at community college. But priorities aren't there. Because they KNOW the gov't will not let them starve or die.

If our poor were truly starving, they'd be desperate to learn how to plant and grow their own food. But they aren't. Not only are they not finding ways to create their own food, but they are taking in so many excess calories that they are obsese. Like most of America. They do not need to worry about how to grow or find food, they know food stamps are always gonna be there. Otherwise, we'd see protests in the ghettos demanding the gov't allow some parks to be used as food growing land for them.

Our "poor" live a life that is rich compared the 95% of the other humans on planet Earth. The reason we have class warfare is envy, not necessity. Our poor have it too easy. If it was a necessity, they'd strive for their own education. They'd find ways to grow their own food, start their own businesses, find their own housing. Necessity creates quite a bit of innovation and efficiency.

But our "poor" know this.....they will be taken care of. They use the ER as a personal doctor. They get food stamps. They get $50 a month subsidized apartments. They get welfare. They get free education, soon to get free wireless internet. Hell, Jesse Jackson Jr. just said he wants a Constitutional amendment that guarantees people in the ghetto a "right to an Ipad and Ipod".

They know that we the people will keep finding a way to keep them alive and living a relatively easy life. So then it becomes that their only gripe is that what we are giving them is not as nice or fancy as what the rest of us have earned. They're spoiled brats. Their free apartment isn't as nice as the one I bought, and they're pissed. The food their food stamps buy is not as good as the food I worked for to buy, and they're pissed. The free welfare money they got is not enough to buy the same car I did with the money I earned and they demand that be changed immediately.

And then you have what I call the "Poor College Grad". He's the guy that all through college took "Diversity 101" or "Cultural Studies". He was in all the socially cool clubs. Wore the Che t-shirts. Hated Bush of course. Meanwhile, he was doing little to secure his financial future, learn to invest, learning to start a business. Instead, he decided to become more worldly, and less practical, only to become a whiny, pissed off 27 year old college grad who is pissed that his brilliance in the world of sociology could only get him a job cooking for Noodles.

And thats the problem we have in America right now.

Is the opposite true as well? Do the rich have it too hard?

I love the conservative rhetoric that if you make it too easy on poor people they will enjoy it and not want to do better

Can you point to any cases where poor people in extreme poverty and no outside help do better at escaping poverty?

What an utterly laughable premise.

The American problem is our dependence on and obedience to the STATE.

This is the root of why we are struggling. The poor have it too easy. We have a massive class of people that are purely dependent on others to get by. Here is how.....

If our poor knew education was the key to survival, they'd be flocking the free libraries to get a better education than what our failed schools are giving. And using the free internet. But they aren't. They would also stop spending money on high-priced shoes, rims for their cars, expensive cars in general, video games, plasma tv's........and of course drugs. What a "poor" person in America spends on cable tv, a tv, rims, a cell phone, clothes, could buy a semester at community college. But priorities aren't there. Because they KNOW the gov't will not let them starve or die.

If our poor were truly starving, they'd be desperate to learn how to plant and grow their own food. But they aren't. Not only are they not finding ways to create their own food, but they are taking in so many excess calories that they are obsese. Like most of America. They do not need to worry about how to grow or find food, they know food stamps are always gonna be there. Otherwise, we'd see protests in the ghettos demanding the gov't allow some parks to be used as food growing land for them.

Our "poor" live a life that is rich compared the 95% of the other humans on planet Earth. The reason we have class warfare is envy, not necessity. Our poor have it too easy. If it was a necessity, they'd strive for their own education. They'd find ways to grow their own food, start their own businesses, find their own housing. Necessity creates quite a bit of innovation and efficiency.

But our "poor" know this.....they will be taken care of. They use the ER as a personal doctor. They get food stamps. They get $50 a month subsidized apartments. They get welfare. They get free education, soon to get free wireless internet. Hell, Jesse Jackson Jr. just said he wants a Constitutional amendment that guarantees people in the ghetto a "right to an Ipad and Ipod".

They know that we the people will keep finding a way to keep them alive and living a relatively easy life. So then it becomes that their only gripe is that what we are giving them is not as nice or fancy as what the rest of us have earned. They're spoiled brats. Their free apartment isn't as nice as the one I bought, and they're pissed. The food their food stamps buy is not as good as the food I worked for to buy, and they're pissed. The free welfare money they got is not enough to buy the same car I did with the money I earned and they demand that be changed immediately.

And then you have what I call the "Poor College Grad". He's the guy that all through college took "Diversity 101" or "Cultural Studies". He was in all the socially cool clubs. Wore the Che t-shirts. Hated Bush of course. Meanwhile, he was doing little to secure his financial future, learn to invest, learning to start a business. Instead, he decided to become more worldly, and less practical, only to become a whiny, pissed off 27 year old college grad who is pissed that his brilliance in the world of sociology could only get him a job cooking for Noodles.

And thats the problem we have in America right now.

I usually think you are a nut job, but this is a great post. cradle to grave babying by the government has now produced two generations of worthless people. put them out on their own and let them sink or swim

Forum List

Back