The American problem? Our "poor" have it too easy.

bucs90

Gold Member
Feb 25, 2010
This is the root of why we are struggling. The poor have it too easy. We have a massive class of people that are purely dependent on others to get by. Here is how.....

If our poor knew education was the key to survival, they'd be flocking the free libraries to get a better education than what our failed schools are giving. And using the free internet. But they aren't. They would also stop spending money on high-priced shoes, rims for their cars, expensive cars in general, video games, plasma tv's........and of course drugs. What a "poor" person in America spends on cable tv, a tv, rims, a cell phone, clothes, could buy a semester at community college. But priorities aren't there. Because they KNOW the gov't will not let them starve or die.

If our poor were truly starving, they'd be desperate to learn how to plant and grow their own food. But they aren't. Not only are they not finding ways to create their own food, but they are taking in so many excess calories that they are obsese. Like most of America. They do not need to worry about how to grow or find food, they know food stamps are always gonna be there. Otherwise, we'd see protests in the ghettos demanding the gov't allow some parks to be used as food growing land for them.

Our "poor" live a life that is rich compared the 95% of the other humans on planet Earth. The reason we have class warfare is envy, not necessity. Our poor have it too easy. If it was a necessity, they'd strive for their own education. They'd find ways to grow their own food, start their own businesses, find their own housing. Necessity creates quite a bit of innovation and efficiency.

But our "poor" know this.....they will be taken care of. They use the ER as a personal doctor. They get food stamps. They get $50 a month subsidized apartments. They get welfare. They get free education, soon to get free wireless internet. Hell, Jesse Jackson Jr. just said he wants a Constitutional amendment that guarantees people in the ghetto a "right to an Ipad and Ipod".

They know that we the people will keep finding a way to keep them alive and living a relatively easy life. So then it becomes that their only gripe is that what we are giving them is not as nice or fancy as what the rest of us have earned. They're spoiled brats. Their free apartment isn't as nice as the one I bought, and they're pissed. The food their food stamps buy is not as good as the food I worked for to buy, and they're pissed. The free welfare money they got is not enough to buy the same car I did with the money I earned and they demand that be changed immediately.

And then you have what I call the "Poor College Grad". He's the guy that all through college took "Diversity 101" or "Cultural Studies". He was in all the socially cool clubs. Wore the Che t-shirts. Hated Bush of course. Meanwhile, he was doing little to secure his financial future, learn to invest, learning to start a business. Instead, he decided to become more worldly, and less practical, only to become a whiny, pissed off 27 year old college grad who is pissed that his brilliance in the world of sociology could only get him a job cooking for Noodles.

And thats the problem we have in America right now.

I am sure that you and everyone else on this board is willing to trade places with them

This is the root of why we are struggling. The poor have it too easy. We have a massive class of people that are purely dependent on others to get by. Here is how.....

If our poor knew education was the key to survival, they'd be flocking the free libraries to get a better education than what our failed schools are giving. And using the free internet. But they aren't. They would also stop spending money on high-priced shoes, rims for their cars, expensive cars in general, video games, plasma tv's........and of course drugs. What a "poor" person in America spends on cable tv, a tv, rims, a cell phone, clothes, could buy a semester at community college. But priorities aren't there. Because they KNOW the gov't will not let them starve or die.

If our poor were truly starving, they'd be desperate to learn how to plant and grow their own food. But they aren't. Not only are they not finding ways to create their own food, but they are taking in so many excess calories that they are obsese. Like most of America. They do not need to worry about how to grow or find food, they know food stamps are always gonna be there. Otherwise, we'd see protests in the ghettos demanding the gov't allow some parks to be used as food growing land for them.

Our "poor" live a life that is rich compared the 95% of the other humans on planet Earth. The reason we have class warfare is envy, not necessity. Our poor have it too easy. If it was a necessity, they'd strive for their own education. They'd find ways to grow their own food, start their own businesses, find their own housing. Necessity creates quite a bit of innovation and efficiency.

But our "poor" know this.....they will be taken care of. They use the ER as a personal doctor. They get food stamps. They get $50 a month subsidized apartments. They get welfare. They get free education, soon to get free wireless internet. Hell, Jesse Jackson Jr. just said he wants a Constitutional amendment that guarantees people in the ghetto a "right to an Ipad and Ipod".

They know that we the people will keep finding a way to keep them alive and living a relatively easy life. So then it becomes that their only gripe is that what we are giving them is not as nice or fancy as what the rest of us have earned. They're spoiled brats. Their free apartment isn't as nice as the one I bought, and they're pissed. The food their food stamps buy is not as good as the food I worked for to buy, and they're pissed. The free welfare money they got is not enough to buy the same car I did with the money I earned and they demand that be changed immediately.

And then you have what I call the "Poor College Grad". He's the guy that all through college took "Diversity 101" or "Cultural Studies". He was in all the socially cool clubs. Wore the Che t-shirts. Hated Bush of course. Meanwhile, he was doing little to secure his financial future, learn to invest, learning to start a business. Instead, he decided to become more worldly, and less practical, only to become a whiny, pissed off 27 year old college grad who is pissed that his brilliance in the world of sociology could only get him a job cooking for Noodles.

This sounds like the PERFECT GOP platform to run on. And what better spokesperson or Presidential candidate to deliver that message than Donald Trump. Sounds like a winning strategery to me!

I am sure that you and everyone else on this board is willing to trade places with them

I was one of them. I grew up poor. And thank God I grew up as a "poor" person in America............because unlike the rest of the world, I had all the opportunities to work myself into a middle class life. I took advantage of a free public education and my parents made me get good grades (or else!). Took advantage of several chances to improve my future, and did so.

Had I grown up poor in just about any other country on Earth, I'd have remained poor.

But in America, staying in our poor class is a choice. That choice is much easier made in youth, and the choice to get out of it gets harder as one gets older.

This sounds like the PERFECT GOP platform to run on. And what better spokesperson or Presidential candidate to deliver that message than Donald Trump. Sounds like a winning strategery to me!

Yeah, I'd vote for him.

The Democrat platform in response? Here: "Folks, don't worry about any of your needs. Lay all your hopes, dreams, desires, needs.....right into my hands. WE will take care of you!!! You DESERVE a house, job, car, education. Hell, you're ENTITLED to it. You should not have to worry about having those things, or food, or clothes. You shouldn't spend your life worrying about how you'll get by. Thats what WE are here for!!"

Which platform will produce a more successful society?

I was one of them. I grew up poor. And thank God I grew up as a "poor" person in America............because unlike the rest of the world, I had all the opportunities to work myself into a middle class life. I took advantage of a free public education and my parents made me get good grades (or else!). Took advantage of several chances to improve my future, and did so.

Had I grown up poor in just about any other country on Earth, I'd have remained poor.

But in America, staying in our poor class is a choice. That choice is much easier made in youth, and the choice to get out of it gets harder as one gets older.

Ah yes....I have NO doubt that our veterans living on the streets and eating out of garbage cans, CHOOSE to do so. Twit.

Yeah, I'd vote for him.

The Democrat platform in response? Here: "Folks, don't worry about any of your needs. Lay all your hopes, dreams, desires, needs.....right into my hands. WE will take care of you!!! You DESERVE a house, job, car, education. Hell, you're ENTITLED to it. You should not have to worry about having those things, or food, or clothes. You shouldn't spend your life worrying about how you'll get by. Thats what WE are here for!!"

Which platform will produce a more successful society?

Based on "the Don's" history of bankruptcy filings? I'll go with whomever runs against him.

There has always been opportunity in this country.

But some Americans grow up with two strikes against them while others grow up standing on third base.

Doesn't mean everyone has an equal chance to score

Ah yes....I have NO doubt that our veterans living on the streets and eating out of garbage cans, CHOOSE to do so. Twit.

It's mostly true. It's a known fact that the majority of homeless people are homeless in large part to drug use. So the homeless CHOOSE to do drugs, thus, spend money on dope, not hope.

As far as vets, they got out of the military. They CHOSE to leave a steady job, or CHOSE to act in a way to get kicked out. If they are disabled, then they have means to get by without being homeless, unless they are spending that disability money on drugs.

I'd argue 99.9% of poor people are STILL poor or BECAME poor because of bad choices. No one is forced to be or remain poor.

Blame the poor for our downfall because they control so much of our economy.

How massively self deluded does someone have to be to manage to accept such silliness?

The poor dont control enough power to take us down.

Maybe you should look at the people who actually have power if you want to know how we got here.

There has always been opportunity in this country.

But some Americans grow up with two strikes against them while others grow up standing on third base.

Doesn't mean everyone has an equal chance to score

Ah, so we come to the nobility of good parenting and the merit of setting one's children up for a better future. Giving one's child a "head start" is very noble, unselfish. Is that WRONG to do? No. It's honorable.

But everyone DOES have an equal chance to score. We guarantee chance, not outcome.

But it is impossible to make the road equally difficult, or easy, for every human. Each of us has our own path to follow, with various challenges on each. But we each CHOOSE to react to them how we do.

Drop out of high school, get pregnant out of wedlock, do drugs, buy $5,000 rims for your car? Probably gonna struggle. Vote for a guy just because you want more handouts? Yep. Not gonna work out.

It's mostly true. It's a known fact that the majority of homeless people are homeless in large part to drug use. So the homeless CHOOSE to do drugs, thus, spend money on dope, not hope.

As far as vets, they got out of the military. They CHOSE to leave a steady job, or CHOSE to act in a way to get kicked out. If they are disabled, then they have means to get by without being homeless, unless they are spending that disability money on drugs.

I'd argue 99.9% of poor people are STILL poor or BECAME poor because of bad choices. No one is forced to be or remain poor.

The system won't allow me to neg rep you anymore...

Your "opinion" is yours and you are allowed to have it. However, to speak of so many of our homeless vets in such a manner relegates you to the trash pile.

Yep, it's them poor folks who started the housing bubble.

Yep it's them poor folk who spawned the bundled risky mortgages (but classified a A+ )and those darn default credit swaps.

Those poor folks are the one who encouraged our foriegn military interventionisms in far off places around the world.

Those poor bastards, if only they knew how much we hates them.

How massively self deluded does someone have to be to manage to accept such silliness?

Maybe you should look at the people who actually have power if you want to know how we got here.

The poor aren't holding us down or pulling us down.

The mindset of charity that our middle and upper class have towards the poor is what allows for a society that will not allow the poor to starve to death in our streets. We as a society have such charitable hearts that we allow our gov't to nearly go bankrupt by having massive entitlements to ensure a relatively easy life for our "poor".

However, there are far too many who take advantage of that as a way to never take responsibility for themselves. So when a time like now comes, where entitlements are really bankrupting us, we cannot cut them without a lot of heartache. Too many people are too dependent on them. We created a culture of dependency. And thats a problem.

The mindset of charity that our middle and upper class have towards the poor is what allows for a society that will not allow the poor to starve to death in our streets. We as a society have such charitable hearts that we allow our gov't to nearly go bankrupt by having massive entitlements to ensure a relatively easy life for our "poor".

However, there are far too many who take advantage of that as a way to never take responsibility for themselves. So when a time like now comes, where entitlements are really bankrupting us, we cannot cut them without a lot of heartache. Too many people are too dependent on them. We created a culture of dependency. And thats a problem.

How does that jive with your original post?

This is the root of why we are struggling.

Your "opinion" is yours and you are allowed to have it. However, to speak of so many of our homeless vets in such a manner relegates you to the trash pile.

I have the highest admiration for our military. But being a vet does not make one immune from criticism. Timothy McVeigh was a vet, and he's the scum of the Earth (was, thank God we got rid of him).

But you are practicing typical left wing ideals. You do not want to confront a hard truth. And that hard truth is that most poor people CHOSE to get poor or stay poor. Not by desire to be poor, but by desire to not do what it takes to avoid it.

Exactly. The poor have a free ride. They do better taking a handout than they could working. Why work?

How does that jive with your original post?

This is the root of why we are struggling.

Read the rest of the post and you get the answer.

The money given to keep children from starving or freezing is not enough to break this country.

You are as wrong as a human being can get on this subject.

Its an attempt at blaming the victim for the crime.

The people who rocked this country with their actions are the very people who profited from it.

You want to close your eyes and be lead arround like a blind man by them for some reason.

That is fine for you but dont expect anyone who knows anything about real life to accept such silly arguements.

I have the highest admiration for our military. But being a vet does not make one immune from criticism. Timothy McVeigh was a vet, and he's the scum of the Earth (was, thank God we got rid of him).

But you are practicing typical left wing ideals. You do not want to confront a hard truth. And that hard truth is that most poor people CHOSE to get poor or stay poor. Not by desire to be poor, but by desire to not do what it takes to avoid it.

Your words about our vets show otherwise. And while you may have some vaild points about some of "the poor" in this country, to paint with the broad brush you are shows how little you actually know, or even care to know.

Forum List

Back