The American problem? Our "poor" have it too easy.

I am sure that you and everyone else on this board is willing to trade places with them

I was one of them. I grew up poor. And thank God I grew up as a "poor" person in America............because unlike the rest of the world, I had all the opportunities to work myself into a middle class life. I took advantage of a free public education and my parents made me get good grades (or else!). Took advantage of several chances to improve my future, and did so.

Had I grown up poor in just about any other country on Earth, I'd have remained poor.

But in America, staying in our poor class is a choice. That choice is much easier made in youth, and the choice to get out of it gets harder as one gets older.

There has always been opportunity in this country.

But some Americans grow up with two strikes against them while others grow up standing on third base.

Doesn't mean everyone has an equal chance to score

So I guess the Libs agree with the President when he was campaigning and said to Joe the plumber...."We need to spread the wealth around".

We will let those that produce in the country like the Husband and Wife owners of small business's go out and struggle to make a go of it and benefit from the Bush tax cuts which by the way allowed them to KEEP MORE OF THEIR money.Then the Libs come along and scream that the wealthy have too damm much money and scream that the Bush tax cuts
need to be taken away because the base for the Democrat party doesn't like that fact that those that worked hard to make it have more then they do....:eusa_eh:

Well, all of those luxuries that you mentioned are tremendous wastes of resources, but not all poor people flock to such things. And not everyone who isn't wealthy or "middle class" is dependent on welfare

This is the root of why we are struggling. The poor have it too easy. We have a massive class of people that are purely dependent on others to get by. Here is how.....

If our poor knew education was the key to survival, they'd be flocking the free libraries to get a better education than what our failed schools are giving. And using the free internet. But they aren't. They would also stop spending money on high-priced shoes, rims for their cars, expensive cars in general, video games, plasma tv's........and of course drugs. What a "poor" person in America spends on cable tv, a tv, rims, a cell phone, clothes, could buy a semester at community college. But priorities aren't there. Because they KNOW the gov't will not let them starve or die.

If our poor were truly starving, they'd be desperate to learn how to plant and grow their own food. But they aren't. Not only are they not finding ways to create their own food, but they are taking in so many excess calories that they are obsese. Like most of America. They do not need to worry about how to grow or find food, they know food stamps are always gonna be there. Otherwise, we'd see protests in the ghettos demanding the gov't allow some parks to be used as food growing land for them.

Our "poor" live a life that is rich compared the 95% of the other humans on planet Earth. The reason we have class warfare is envy, not necessity. Our poor have it too easy. If it was a necessity, they'd strive for their own education. They'd find ways to grow their own food, start their own businesses, find their own housing. Necessity creates quite a bit of innovation and efficiency.

But our "poor" know this.....they will be taken care of. They use the ER as a personal doctor. They get food stamps. They get $50 a month subsidized apartments. They get welfare. They get free education, soon to get free wireless internet. Hell, Jesse Jackson Jr. just said he wants a Constitutional amendment that guarantees people in the ghetto a "right to an Ipad and Ipod".

They know that we the people will keep finding a way to keep them alive and living a relatively easy life. So then it becomes that their only gripe is that what we are giving them is not as nice or fancy as what the rest of us have earned. They're spoiled brats. Their free apartment isn't as nice as the one I bought, and they're pissed. The food their food stamps buy is not as good as the food I worked for to buy, and they're pissed. The free welfare money they got is not enough to buy the same car I did with the money I earned and they demand that be changed immediately.

And then you have what I call the "Poor College Grad". He's the guy that all through college took "Diversity 101" or "Cultural Studies". He was in all the socially cool clubs. Wore the Che t-shirts. Hated Bush of course. Meanwhile, he was doing little to secure his financial future, learn to invest, learning to start a business. Instead, he decided to become more worldly, and less practical, only to become a whiny, pissed off 27 year old college grad who is pissed that his brilliance in the world of sociology could only get him a job cooking for Noodles.

And thats the problem we have in America right now.

I usually think you are a nut job, but this is a great post. cradle to grave babying by the government has now produced two generations of worthless people. put them out on their own and let them sink or swim

Yes. All those people who stand at a bus stop in bad weather to get to a relatively crappy job with no benefits that just so happens to barely pay them enough money to live in an overpriced yet dangerous apt in a poor side of town just have it too easy.

What an utterly laughable premise.

The American problem is our dependence on and obedience to the STATE.
WE'RE dependent on the STATE, huh??

WCNLAC4.jpg

EVERYTHING'S dependent-upon the bottom-line!

Despite what the Teabaggers insist, Capitali$m trumped Nationalism, right after WWII.​

"A vital element in keeping the peace is our military establishment. Our arms must be mighty, ready for instant action, so that no potential aggressor may be tempted to risk his own destruction.

Our military organization today bears little relation to that known by any of my predecessors in peacetime, or indeed by the fighting men of World War II or Korea.

Until the latest of our world conflicts, the United States had no armaments industry. American makers of plowshares could, with time and as required, make swords as well. But now we can no longer risk emergency improvisation of national defense; we have been compelled to create a permanent armament$ indu$try of va$t proportion$. Added to this, three and a half million men and women are directly engaged in the defense establishment. We annually spend on military security more than the net income of all United States corporations."

I am sure that you and everyone else on this board is willing to trade places with them

Again, you miss the point entirely and resort to nonsensical remarks.

Nobody wants to be poor. That's why I went to college, pursued an MBA and spent 6 months preparing for the CPA exam.

However, when you institutionalize poverty through massive entitlement spending, free this and free that, it is inevitable that many will become comfortable with their situation.

• Thanks
Reactions: blu
Yes. All those people who stand at a bus stop in bad weather to get to a relatively crappy job with no benefits that just so happens to barely pay them enough money to live in an overpriced yet dangerous apt in a poor side of town just have it too easy.

what put them in that position? what aren't they working to get out of it? someone that poor could easily get free grants for school and better themselves.

emotional garbage has no place here

what put them in that position? what aren't they working to get out of it? someone that poor could easily get free grants for school and better themselves.

There are lots of highly skilled jobs that pay absolute crap. I made less doing computer aided drafting than I do now scrubbing toilets. And I got nowhere near the benefits

Ah the mythologies that breed hard-heartedness :p

There are lots of highly skilled jobs that pay absolute crap. I made less doing computer aided drafting than I do now scrubbing toilets. And I got nowhere near the benefits

I have a hard time believing that CAD operators make less than janitors. At one of my engineering clients, the CAD guys make good bank.

Perhaps you just sucked at CAD and excel at toilet scrubbing.

:lol:

I have a hard time believing that CAD operators make less than janitors. At one of my engineering clients, the CAD guys make good bank.

that is a possibility, but after completing two years of schooling, the top dollar I could make for being expected to have all the mental faculties of an engineer was 12/hr, with minimal benefits. The biggest waste of time and money I ever made :p

WCNLAC4.jpg

Despite what the Teabaggers insist, Capitali$m trumped Nationalism, right after WWII.​

"A vital element in keeping the peace is our military establishment. Our arms must be mighty, ready for instant action, so that no potential aggressor may be tempted to risk his own destruction.

Our military organization today bears little relation to that known by any of my predecessors in peacetime, or indeed by the fighting men of World War II or Korea.

Until the latest of our world conflicts, the United States had no armaments industry. American makers of plowshares could, with time and as required, make swords as well. But now we can no longer risk emergency improvisation of national defense; we have been compelled to create a permanent armament$ indu$try of va$t proportion$. Added to this, three and a half million men and women are directly engaged in the defense establishment. We annually spend on military security more than the net income of all United States corporations."

That picture is correct. This is the STATE, the STATE we must forever rid ourselves of.

that is a possibility, but after completing two years of schooling, the top dollar I could make for being expected to have all the mental faculties of an engineer was 12/hr, with minimal benefits. The biggest waste of time and money I ever made :p

Yeah that sucks, I have friend that got an Asscociates in Engineering... he sells Amway now. Makes more than me!

This is the root of why we are struggling. The poor have it too easy. We have a massive class of people that are purely dependent on others to get by. Here is how.....

If our poor knew education was the key to survival, they'd be flocking the free libraries to get a better education than what our failed schools are giving. And using the free internet. But they aren't. They would also stop spending money on high-priced shoes, rims for their cars, expensive cars in general, video games, plasma tv's........and of course drugs. What a "poor" person in America spends on cable tv, a tv, rims, a cell phone, clothes, could buy a semester at community college. But priorities aren't there. Because they KNOW the gov't will not let them starve or die.

If our poor were truly starving, they'd be desperate to learn how to plant and grow their own food. But they aren't. Not only are they not finding ways to create their own food, but they are taking in so many excess calories that they are obsese. Like most of America. They do not need to worry about how to grow or find food, they know food stamps are always gonna be there. Otherwise, we'd see protests in the ghettos demanding the gov't allow some parks to be used as food growing land for them.

Our "poor" live a life that is rich compared the 95% of the other humans on planet Earth. The reason we have class warfare is envy, not necessity. Our poor have it too easy. If it was a necessity, they'd strive for their own education. They'd find ways to grow their own food, start their own businesses, find their own housing. Necessity creates quite a bit of innovation and efficiency.

But our "poor" know this.....they will be taken care of. They use the ER as a personal doctor. They get food stamps. They get $50 a month subsidized apartments. They get welfare. They get free education, soon to get free wireless internet. Hell, Jesse Jackson Jr. just said he wants a Constitutional amendment that guarantees people in the ghetto a "right to an Ipad and Ipod".

They know that we the people will keep finding a way to keep them alive and living a relatively easy life. So then it becomes that their only gripe is that what we are giving them is not as nice or fancy as what the rest of us have earned. They're spoiled brats. Their free apartment isn't as nice as the one I bought, and they're pissed. The food their food stamps buy is not as good as the food I worked for to buy, and they're pissed. The free welfare money they got is not enough to buy the same car I did with the money I earned and they demand that be changed immediately.

And then you have what I call the "Poor College Grad". He's the guy that all through college took "Diversity 101" or "Cultural Studies". He was in all the socially cool clubs. Wore the Che t-shirts. Hated Bush of course. Meanwhile, he was doing little to secure his financial future, learn to invest, learning to start a business. Instead, he decided to become more worldly, and less practical, only to become a whiny, pissed off 27 year old college grad who is pissed that his brilliance in the world of sociology could only get him a job cooking for Noodles.

I usually think you are a nut job, but this is a great post. cradle to grave babying by the government has now produced two generations of worthless people. put them out on their own and let them sink or swim
.....But, keep those life-preservers at-the-ready, in-case they have to do any (actual) THINKING!!!!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUPMjC9mq5Y]YouTube - 9.12 DC TEA PARTY - MARCH FOOTAGE WITH INTERVIEWS[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fevga9jUC48]YouTube - 9.12 DC TEA PARTY - INTERVIEW B-ROLL[/ame]

249.gif

I was one of them. I grew up poor. And thank God I grew up as a "poor" person in America............because unlike the rest of the world, I had all the opportunities to work myself into a middle class life. I took advantage of a free public education and my parents made me get good grades (or else!). Took advantage of several chances to improve my future, and did so.

Had I grown up poor in just about any other country on Earth, I'd have remained poor.

But in America, staying in our poor class is a choice. That choice is much easier made in youth, and the choice to get out of it gets harder as one gets older.

There has always been opportunity in this country.

But some Americans grow up with two strikes against them while others grow up standing on third base.

Doesn't mean everyone has an equal chance to score

So I guess the Libs agree with the President when he was campaigning and said to Joe the plumber...."We need to spread the wealth around".

We will let those that produce in the country like the Husband and Wife owners of small business's go out and struggle to make a go of it and benefit from the Bush tax cuts which by the way allowed them to KEEP MORE OF THEIR money.
Yeah.....they've really cashed-in...
297.png

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wDdWJcpJj0]YouTube - Maddow: GOP plan to extend tax cuts for the rich[/ame]

Do you see any o' those "Mom & Pop" businesses.....

:eusa_eh:

Last edited:

WCNLAC4.jpg

That picture is correct. This is the STATE, the STATE we must forever rid ourselves of.

Please don't quote Sheman... I have him on ignore so the only time I see his kindergarten style posts when he gets quoted.

Yeah that sucks, I have friend that got an Asscociates in Engineering... he sells Amway now. Makes more than me!

Selling "training supplies" can be profitable :p

I got the "yellow paper and marks-a-lot" demo once.... Sorry, that dog don't hunt.

I got the "yellow paper and marks-a-lot" demo once.... Sorry, that dog don't hunt.

I was foolish enough to get involved with that. It took me entirely too long to figure out that I couldn't be dishonest enough with myself to stomach the fraud :(

No doubt.

What some people won't do, to hide all their riches from the IRS.

100112_dshirey_homelesspeople_0009.jpg

Again, you miss the point entirely and resort to nonsensical remarks.

Nobody wants to be poor. That's why I went to college, pursued an MBA and spent 6 months preparing for the CPA exam.
Oh....so you decided to work in the service-industry, huh??

You must have some creative-skills, that could actually produce something!

:eusa_eh:

Still livin' at home, are you?

:rolleyes:

Wait'll you get a load o' the REAL World.​

Forum List

Back