The Alinsky Way of Governing

He has accepted more than $1.2 million in money from the fossil-fuel industry over the last decade
Fossil fuel industry funded his research. My..my..my… Somebody had to. Manmade climate change advocate government funds only "researches" what agrees with its agenda.

More from the link.... (LOL)

Though often described on conservative news programs as a “Harvard astrophysicist,” Dr. Soon is not an astrophysicist and has never been employed by Harvard. He is a part-time employee of the Smithsonian Institution with a doctoral degree in aerospace engineering. He has received little federal research money over the past decade and is thus responsible for bringing in his own funds, including his salary.

Though he has little formal training in climatology, Dr. Soon has for years published papers trying to show that variations in the sun’s energy can explain most recent global warming. His thesis is that human activity has played a relatively small role in causing climate change.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/22/u...-climate-change-researcher-Wei-Hock-Soon.html

:itsok:
"After completing his plasma physics Ph.D. and upon the advice of his thesis advisor, Soon did post-doctoral research at the Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics and has been doing research in astrophysics and earth science there as a non-tenured employee since 1991.[1] He has also been an astronomer at the Mount Wilson Observatory"
Willie Soon - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

" he has little formal training in climatology"...

The Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics, whose scientists focus largely on understanding distant stars and galaxies, routinely distances itself from Dr. Soon’s findings. The Smithsonian has also published astatement accepting the scientific consensus on climate change.

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/02/22/u...-climate-change-researcher-Wei-Hock-Soon.html
I am terribly sorry, I was not aware of the fact that Earth Science excluded climatology since climatology apparently pertains to the Moon only. My mistake…

He has accepted more than $1.2 million in money from the fossil-fuel industry over the last decade
Fossil fuel industry funded his research. My..my..my… Somebody had to. Manmade climate change advocate government funds only "researches" what agrees with its agenda.

More from the link.... (LOL)

Though often described on conservative news programs as a “Harvard astrophysicist,” Dr. Soon is not an astrophysicist and has never been employed by Harvard. He is a part-time employee of the Smithsonian Institution with a doctoral degree in aerospace engineering. He has received little federal research money over the past decade and is thus responsible for bringing in his own funds, including his salary.

Though he has little formal training in climatology, Dr. Soon has for years published papers trying to show that variations in the sun’s energy can explain most recent global warming. His thesis is that human activity has played a relatively small role in causing climate change.

:itsok:
"After completing his plasma physics Ph.D. and upon the advice of his thesis advisor, Soon did post-doctoral research at the Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics and has been doing research in astrophysics and earth science there as a non-tenured employee since 1991.[1] He has also been an astronomer at the Mount Wilson Observatory"
Willie Soon - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

" he has little formal training in climatology"...

The Harvard-Smithsonian Center for Astrophysics, whose scientists focus largely on understanding distant stars and galaxies, routinely distances itself from Dr. Soon’s findings. The Smithsonian has also published astatement accepting the scientific consensus on climate change.

I am terribly sorry, I was not aware of the fact that Earth Science excluded climatology since climatology apparently pertains to the Moon only. My mistake…
Well one must know what to wear on a night out on the Moon...

You are truly naive to think govt forces in no way influences 'research'. I bet you have accused it of just that in other subject matters...

Oh, and it actually is a secret. Research the lack of transparency in funds allocated to climate change, sometime.
I think they have a right to know when their research is being paid by govt which has ties to green energy companies/investments/carbon credits et al as well.
But but but, they tell us this isn't happening with Democrats.
(I could only post the excerpt as its from the WSJ and you have to join in order to read the whole article)
But I posted this the other day on Saul Alinksy... and it was poo pooed by many that no way does the Democrats govern this way.

SNIP:
What happens when those in power adopt ‘rules for radicals’ to attack their less powerful opponents.
By
Pete Peterson
April 9, 2015 6:50 p.m. ET Arizona Rep. Raul Grijalva, the ranking Democrat on the House Natural Resources Committee, recently caused a stir by sending letters to seven university presidents seeking background information on scientists and professors who had given congressional testimony that failed to endorse what is the conventional wisdom in some quarters regarding climate change.

The Alinsky Way of Governing - WSJ

We are so screwed.

I think the people have a right to know when these scientists are funded by the oil industry. It's strange that you do not.

When was that a secret? I have no problem with the Government paying for science research through grants. When a pharmaceutical company does drug research, it is more likely to end up favoring the drug in question, rather than studies sponsored by Government grants or other organizations.

Yet you trust someone who failed to disclose conflicts of interest in at least 11 papers since 2008, all coming from the fossil fuel industry. Okay.

GWB's people followed Alinskey's Rules from the first day in office.

And yet, many still don't know very much about Alinsky.

Hence threads like this one.

No matter how much data and history out there about Saul Alinsky, people just don't know that much about him. Is the anti Alinsky crowd taking Alinsky's views "out of context" or are we just not progressive or enlightened enough to understand him?

Yet you trust someone who failed to disclose conflicts of interest in at least 11 papers since 2008, all coming from the fossil fuel industry. Okay.
Let's put it this way:
I trust Obama - no deception even if Gruber said otherwise
I trust Hillary - disclosing all her official emails and accepting money from foreign countries abusing women while Secretary of State
I trust Harry Reid - Romney tax filings - "Romney didn't win, did he?"
I trust Palosi - "we can read what's in the bill after we passed it.

Saul Alinksy was a Roman??

No one knows who he was. I guess that's why we keep seeing these threads to remind us.
He certainly is the head boogeyman of the GOP...

I like the way Republicans act as though they already knew who Alinsky was before 2008.

I wonder if they're gonna dig him up? :p
No need, he left his plan to destroy the country from within

Did I not say research the science? In otherwords, scientists from both sides of the equation need to examine the science
You are truly naive to think govt forces in no way influences 'research'. I bet you have accused it of just that in other subject matters...

Oh, and it actually is a secret. Research the lack of transparency in funds allocated to climate change, sometime.
I think they have a right to know when their research is being paid by govt which has ties to green energy companies/investments/carbon credits et al as well.
But but but, they tell us this isn't happening with Democrats.
(I could only post the excerpt as its from the WSJ and you have to join in order to read the whole article)
But I posted this the other day on Saul Alinksy... and it was poo pooed by many that no way does the Democrats govern this way.

SNIP:
What happens when those in power adopt ‘rules for radicals’ to attack their less powerful opponents.
By
Pete Peterson
April 9, 2015 6:50 p.m. ET Arizona Rep. Raul Grijalva, the ranking Democrat on the House Natural Resources Committee, recently caused a stir by sending letters to seven university presidents seeking background information on scientists and professors who had given congressional testimony that failed to endorse what is the conventional wisdom in some quarters regarding climate change.

The Alinsky Way of Governing - WSJ

We are so screwed.

I think the people have a right to know when these scientists are funded by the oil industry. It's strange that you do not.

When was that a secret? I have no problem with the Government paying for science research through grants. When a pharmaceutical company does drug research, it is more likely to end up favoring the drug in question, rather than studies sponsored by Government grants or other organizations.

No one knows who he was. I guess that's why we keep seeing these threads to remind us.

I like the way Republicans act as though they already knew who Alinsky was before 2008.
Well, not everybody is like the elitist left who are born with vast knowledge, some ordinary folks just learn as they go

Let's put it this way:
I trust Obama - no deception even if Gruber said otherwise
I trust Hillary - disclosing all her official emails and accepting money from foreign countries abusing women while Secretary of State
I trust Harry Reid - Romney tax filings - "Romney didn't win, did he?"
I trust Palosi - "we can read what's in the bill after we passed it.

So what you're saying is that you are blinded by hate of the Government?

Really? How so?

I have no hate of government. It is a necessary institution when it functions properly. I did not say anything about the government. I named a few public figures who happen to be officials of the government.
A totalitarian government functions properly when it lies to and oppresses people. That's its nature.
A free society government functions properly when it governs in a transparent and honest way. That should be its nature.

Did I not say research the science? In otherwords, scientists from both sides of the equation need to examine the science

They are. The majority of "real" scientist believe that Climate Change is man made.

I have no hate of government. It is a necessary institution when it functions properly. I did not say anything about the government. I named a few public figures who happen to be officials of the government.
A totalitarian government functions properly when it lies to and oppresses people. That's its nature.
A free society government functions properly when it governs in a transparent and honest way. That should be its nature.

Which had nothing to do with the topic at hand...

Really? How so?
I am sure you can borrow the book from George Soros' library or maybe you can own for free if you do not have it already.

Really? How so?
I am sure you can borrow the book from George Soros' library or maybe you can own for free if you do not have it already.

Okay, so you don't know...you're just parroting what you've heard. Thanks for sharing.

Forum List

Back