The abortion issue troubles me mightily

Human life begins at conception.

That is a truth that cannot be argued. Go ahead and call yourself "pro choice" if it makes you feel good. But you KNOWINGLY support the PURPOSEFUL taking of a DEFENSELESS human life.

In other words, you support murder.

No, I don't agree. But then, I have no need to 'dehumanize' something in order to achieve a greater degree if desensitizing.

A fertilized human egg will be nothing but a human baby when it has finished gestation.
No, you have a need to 'humanize' a set of DNA molecules into a human being, endowing it with something I don't believe it has yet achieved. Would abortion be OK if the egg were removed without hurting it? It could then be frozen and kept until a willing recipient came forward.

Do unfertilized eggs also rate the designation of human? Certainly they can't become human without external support but neither can a fertilized egg.

That is a truth that cannot be argued. Go ahead and call yourself "pro choice" if it makes you feel good. But you KNOWINGLY support the PURPOSEFUL taking of a DEFENSELESS human life.

Of course it can be argued. Your opinion on what is a human being does not create a fact.

Are you really this ^^^ ignorant?

MURDER is the ILLEGAL taking of the life of a human being, with or without malice.

No, I don't agree. But then, I have no need to 'dehumanize' something in order to achieve a greater degree if desensitizing.

A fertilized human egg will be nothing but a human baby when it has finished gestation.
No, you have a need to 'humanize' a set of DNA molecules into a human being, endowing it with something I don't believe it has yet achieved. Would abortion be OK if the egg were removed without hurting it? It could then be frozen and kept until a willing recipient came forward.

Do unfertilized eggs also rate the designation of human? Certainly they can't become human without external support but neither can a fertilized egg.
LMAO

People have been 'humanizing' babies since the left climbed down out of the trees. I have no need to do anything. It is you anti-lifers that have contorted the issue.

LMAO

People have been 'humanizing' babies since the left climbed down out of the trees. I have no need to do anything. It is you anti-lifers that have contorted the issue.
Exactly my point, some of us can see the difference between a baby and a fertilized egg.

I am an anti-lifer. I eat meat, vegetables, and just about anything else. What I have never heard is a definition of human 'life' from a pro-lifer.

Are they separate humans that have legal rights?
No.

The fertilized egg is a unique organism.

From CONCEPTION till natural death, "it" is a unique being. You know that, but your satanic ideology prevents your honesty.
Every creature on the planet is a unique being. What makes a fertilized human egg different from the fertilized egg of any other mammal?

It's called DNA.
A non-answer since almost every living thing has DNA. Why is our DNA different?
It's human.
Another non-answer. Every cell in my body has human DNA. Am I one human or trillions of humans? Any cancer cells I may have contain DNA different from the rest of my cells. Are they separate humans that have legal rights?

In fact, a three month term fetus has exactly the same odds of living outside of my wife's body as a cancer tumor does. Zero.
And that matters how to the determination that science tells us it is a human being. And not just any human being, but a very specific human being. One that has never existed before and will never exist again.

I don't give a rat's ass how YOU interpret "science" as to the origin of a human life. What matters is how the law interprets it, and the law does not outlaw early term abortions, which, incidentally, agrees with MY interpretation of my rights, no matter how much you want to take that away from me. Meantime, all your self righteous morality would do nothing but throw a few doctors in prison, while abortion continued, just like it did before Roe Vs. Wade.

Those who support the legality of abortion do not seek to force anything on anyone.

Those who are against the legality actively seek to control others, and the full heat of their wrath falls on the poor and working class.
Pro lifers do not try to control others. They simply want to prevent the wholesale slaughter of innocents. Abortion is murder. But then, leftists who support abortion, only care about others if they can vote.

human life begins at birth ... miscarriage is the term during pregnancy you fail to recognize in reference to abortion as a natural process that woman experience unwittingly without recourse as being itself unjust without choice.

human life begins at birth ... miscarriage is the term during pregnancy you fail to recognize in reference to abortion as a natural process that woman experience unwittingly without recourse as being itself unjust without choice.
Wrong!

life
līf/
noun
noun: life; noun: one's life; plural noun: one's lifes
the condition that distinguishes animals and plants from inorganic matter, including the capacity for growth, reproduction, functional activity, and continual change preceding death.

By definition, life begins at conception.

A non-answer since almost every living thing has DNA. Why is our DNA different?
It's human.
Another non-answer. Every cell in my body has human DNA. Am I one human or trillions of humans? Any cancer cells I may have contain DNA different from the rest of my cells. Are they separate humans that have legal rights?

In fact, a three month term fetus has exactly the same odds of living outside of my wife's body as a cancer tumor does. Zero.
And that matters how to the determination that science tells us it is a human being. And not just any human being, but a very specific human being. One that has never existed before and will never exist again.

I don't give a rat's ass how YOU interpret "science" as to the origin of a human life. What matters is how the law interprets it, and the law does not outlaw early term abortions, which, incidentally, agrees with MY interpretation of my rights, no matter how much you want to take that away from me. Meantime, all your self righteous morality would do nothing but throw a few doctors in prison, while abortion continued, just like it did before Roe Vs. Wade.
They didn't make this argument then. If it were made today, Roe v Wade would be reversed and it would be up for the states to decide.

It's human.

They didn't make this argument then. If it were made today, Roe v Wade would be reversed and it would be up for the states to decide.

If, If, and If. If pigs could fly. Get back to me when you are appointed to sit on the bench and reverse the decision of the court. In the meantime, the religious Right has not yet turned this country into a christian version of a muslim nation.

If, If, and If. If pigs could fly. Get back to me when you are appointed to sit on the bench and reverse the decision of the court. In the meantime, the religious Right has not yet turned this country into a christian version of a muslim nation.
It was the central question.

Don't be so overly emotional. It would just go back to letting the states decide.

Relax.

It was the central question.

Don't be so overly emotional. It would just go back to letting the states decide.

Relax.

I grew up in the South during the civil rights struggle. I am not interested in watching Texas, Alabama, Mississippi and Louisiana trample all over the people's rights again in my lifetime. They would do it again in a New York second, if allowed to.

Forum List

Back