The abortion issue troubles me mightily

They see what it can become
No, we see WHAT IT IS.
So what is it What is it about a fertilized egg that makes it human? Pretty much every amphibian, reptile, bird, and mammal starts life as a fertilized egg. What is it that makes a collection of chromosomes, no brain, no nerves, no lungs, no heart, etc., a human being with rights superior to an adult human being?
It's called DNA.
A non-answer since almost every living thing has DNA. Why is our DNA different?
It's human.

So killing the child doesn't force death on them?

Does the use of contraceptives kill the living sperm? Are vasectomies an affront to your god, and thus sinful? Is the use of the pill, a condom, a diaphragm, etc. sinful?

Where do social conservatives draw the line? Is sexual intercourse a sin? Do you wish to outlaw sexual union outside of a marriage and consider it sinful too?

How do you feel about children killed by others while calling god great? How do you fell about the possibility that the CHIP budget will be reduced by the Republican Party?

Consider this, the Democratic Party supports the law (Roe v.) and supports contraception, human sexuality education (age appropriate), the Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP), Head Start, Job Corp, Obamacare and the R Party does not.

Whose side do you think your god is on?

Does the use of contraceptives kill the living sperm? Are vasectomies an affront to your god, and thus sinful? Is the use of the pill, a condom, a diaphragm, etc. sinful?

Where do social conservatives draw the line? Is sexual intercourse a sin? Do you wish to outlaw sexual union outside of a marriage and consider it sinful too?

How do you feel about children killed by others while calling god great? How do you fell about the possibility that the CHIP budget will be reduced by the Republican Party?

Consider this, the Democratic Party supports the law (Roe v.) and supports contraception, human sexuality education (age appropriate), the Children's Health Insurance Program (CHIP), Head Start, Job Corp, Obamacare and the R Party does not.

CHIP has not been funded by this Congress as of yet..and most likely will not be...

I'm pretty sure that I am seeing some of the same posters over here demanding that my wife and daughter not to have the right to have an abortion, who I have seen on the other threads demanding that their children should not be forced to have a public education, because it is none of society's business what a parent does with his child.

CHIP has not been funded by this Congress as of yet..and most likely will not be...

Yep, along with a whole lot more.

Yep, along with a whole lot more.
It's about time those billionaires got the tobacco tax settlement monies not the kids....

I'm pretty sure that I am seeing some of the same posters over here demanding that my wife and daughter not to have the right to have an abortion, who I have seen on the other threads demanding that their children should not be forced to have a public education, because it is none of society's business what a parent does with his child.

The one thing the far right, conservatives and trumpanzees have in common is ... HYPOCRISY.

Pakistani army summoned to disperse protest over omitted reference to Prophet Muhammad

ISLAMABAD — Pakistan called in the army to restore order on Saturday, hours after a violent clash between police and crowds protesting an omitted reference to the Prophet Muhammad in a parliamentary bill left six dead and many dozens wounded, state TV reported.

Deadly Violence Breaks Out in Pakistan as Public Holiday Begins

ISLAMABAD, Pakistan — Violent crowds furious over an anti-Islamic video made in the United States convulsed Pakistan’s largest cities on Friday, leaving up to 19 people dead and more than 160 injured in a day of government-sanctioned protests.

those that worship the desert religions think nothing of killing people that do not tow their line of ignorance ... abortion is just a smoke screen for them to impose their will which is at the heart of their religions and has been since they created the fallacies to do so.

No, we see WHAT IT IS.
So what is it What is it about a fertilized egg that makes it human? Pretty much every amphibian, reptile, bird, and mammal starts life as a fertilized egg. What is it that makes a collection of chromosomes, no brain, no nerves, no lungs, no heart, etc., a human being with rights superior to an adult human being?
Well, you let Me know when a fertilized human egg develops into something other than a human.

basquebromance If you need to redefine life (that age-old technique of dehumanizing your enemy), I would say that you are forcing something on everyone.

Until relatively recently, performing or obtaining an abortion was a felony in most states. And artificial birth control is a relatively new invention, so it was not generally available when abortion was against the law. But SOMEHOW, people managed to live their lives without the option of aborting babies in the womb.

To suppose that outlawing abortion now would be a catastrophe, when scores of methods of birth control (in addition to abstinence) are available, displays a shocking pessimism about humans' ability to adapt to reality.

Nothing Trump can do will result in outlawing of all abortions. Worst case: the choice will be left to the individual states, and if that is unsatisfactory, a Constitutional Amendment could resolve the issue in accordance with the will of the Majority.

Until relatively recently, performing or obtaining an abortion was a felony in most states. And artificial birth control is a relatively new invention, so it was not generally available when abortion was against the law. But SOMEHOW, people managed to live their lives without the option of aborting babies in the womb.

To suppose that outlawing abortion now would be a catastrophe, when scores of methods of birth control (in addition to abstinence) are available, displays a shocking pessimism about humans' ability to adapt to reality.

Nothing Trump can do will result in outlawing of all abortions. Worst case: the choice will be left to the individual states, and if that is unsatisfactory, a Constitutional Amendment could resolve the issue in accordance with the will of the Majority.
So how are you going to force people not to have an abortion by going to Canada, or to a state that allows it? And how will you know that someone had an abortion? There's over the counter tests, and then they can have it done.

No, we see WHAT IT IS.
Well, you let Me know when a fertilized human egg develops into something other than a human.

basquebromance If you need to redefine life (that age-old technique of dehumanizing your enemy), I would say that you are forcing something on everyone.

Absolutely, and if your family does not have at least one abortion in 2018, you will be reported.

No, we see WHAT IT IS.
It's called DNA.
It's human.
Another non-answer. Every cell in my body has human DNA. Am I one human or trillions of humans? Any cancer cells I may have contain DNA different from the rest of my cells. Are they separate humans that have legal rights?

You must be very young, DG. In my high school days, abortion was quite common, although illegal. Besides, docs usually just wrote it up as a D&C.

So you agree that while a fertilized human egg can develop into a human, it is not itself a human?

No, we see WHAT IT IS.
It's called DNA.
It's human.
Another non-answer. Every cell in my body has human DNA. Am I one human or trillions of humans? Any cancer cells I may have contain DNA different from the rest of my cells. Are they separate humans that have legal rights?

In fact, a three month term fetus has exactly the same odds of living outside of my wife's body as a cancer tumor does. Zero.

latest

So you agree that while a fertilized human egg can develop into a human, it is not itself a human?
No, I don't agree. But then, I have no need to 'dehumanize' something in order to achieve a greater degree if desensitizing.

A fertilized human egg will be nothing but a human baby when it has finished gestation.

Those who support the legality of abortion do not seek to force anything on anyone.

Those who are against the legality actively seek to control others, and the full heat of their wrath falls on the poor and working class.

We can likely expect many more photos of bloody fetuses in this thread.

They care about them until arrival - then NOPE

Sad :(

It's called DNA.
It's human.

In fact, a three month term fetus has exactly the same odds of living outside of my wife's body as a cancer tumor does. Zero.
And that matters how to the determination that science tells us it is a human being. And not just any human being, but a very specific human being. One that has never existed before and will never exist again.

Forum List

Back