The 5 greatest threats to your liberty today

Be that as it may, my being is influenced by no good traitor scum like you.

Who tried to overturn the election and steal classified documents? It wasn't moonglow. Do you even know what traitor means?

Trumps constant lies were fact checked to defeat

Frankly, by 2020 the public grew tired of Trumps act and poor behavior
Caused him to lose five states that he won in 2016
So, they jumped out of the frying pan and into the fire. Not too smart.

They certainly were eager to "fact check" the last guy in office and rightly so (though there was clearly a bias in the "facts" they were using). Trump routinely just says shit. Sometimes it's true and other times not so much and I'm not convinced he knows (or cares) when it's one or the other.

All politicians either outright lie or spread mistruths. Typically a Free Press will highlight the lie and the candidate will be forced to walk it back.

Trump was different. He maintained a steady stream of lies to the point where the press would quickly give up and move on to the next one…..and the next one ……and the next one

It’s a recent development because it’s only recently been necessary. The Republican Party used to vet their candidates. They didn’t used to run obvious con artists and grifters, for office.

It’s only been in since Nixon that there’s been criminal corruption in every Republican administration. Republicans keep accusing Democrats, on no evidence, of doing the same things that they get caught doing by Republican investigators and DOJ’s over and over again.
That's a pretty broad brush yer painting with.

I am convinced that the majoritry of the population in America today have little appreciation for liberty....being more concerned with Sexuality, pocket book issues and entertainment....in a nutshell a civilization ripe for destruction.

Anyhow...................'It is difficult to limit the scope of such a list, since every bit of liberty is precious and the government knows no bounds in its attempt to curtail freedom. Truth be told, there need only be one item on the list – the state – for it is the single greatest threat to liberty, from which all other threats originate.'

While all those things are important I would make a different list:

What threatens our liberties:

1. Control of the message, i.e. a media that supports & aids one political party.

2. Deep state control of education, entertainment, scientific institutions, most big business

3. An open border

4. The 'woke' culture employed by deep state to destroy and rewrite our history, our traditional values, reorder our culture, enforce political correctness that essentially erases the First Amendment and puts us under authority of a 'new world order' and/or one world government.

5. Disarming the people and hamstringing the local police while weaponizing the central government.

6. Government control of the supply chain, food supply, money supply, how and where we are allowed to live.

7. Control of elections that encourages cheating and destroys citizen confidence in the outcome whatever that is.

All politicians either outright lie or spread mistruths. Typically a Free Press will highlight the lie and the candidate will be forced to walk it back.

Trump was different. He maintained a steady stream of lies to the point where the press would quickly give up and move on to the next one…..and the next one ……and the next one

Your bias is showing. The current admin tells nearly as many BS half truths as last one. And most of the press is mum on the subject.

Also can you say Russiagate? Hunter's laptop? The Press actively propagated that shit and knew what they were saying was untrue or at a minimum swallowed a story without doing a modicum of research into it's validity BECAUSE it was a story they wanted to be true. Had the press been an actual honest broker in this Trump's attacks on the press wouldn't have gained the traction they did.

Your bias is showing. The current admin tells nearly as many BS half truths as last one. And most of the press is mum on the subject.

Also can you say Russiagate? Hunter's laptop? The Press actively propagated that shit and knew what they were saying was untrue or at a minimum swallowed a story without doing a modicum of research into it's validity BECAUSE it was a story they wanted to be true. Had the press been an actual honest broker in this Trump's attacks on the press wouldn't have gained the traction they did.

You'll never run out of crackpot conspiracies.

Biden elaborates in the stories he tells and is know to exaggerate

Trump is different
He lies continuously. Doesn’t matter if it is a trivial fact or a damaging lie. Trump prefers his alternate reality to the real world.
He insists his followers support the lie or face his attacks

Are you standing over my shoulder watching what links I’m reading??

I like going to the source investigation, reports, and government statistics. When Trump says he’s done a great job on trade deals and job creation, I look at the monthly trade deficits, and job numbers on the government websites which tell a completely different story.

My background and banking in law means that I actually understand what l’m reading. I don’t need someone to tell me what Robert Mueller said because I read the report.

You don’t read anything until it’s been filtered, laundered and spun through the right wing media. And then you believe what they tell you unchallenged.

What’s your point? And what are you doing about it? If you don’t like their agenda, why do you continue to vote for it???

You’ve used a very very bad example in bin Laden. Reagan armed bin Laden originally and then he turned on Americans. He oppose the Iranians. He’s a Saudi so he’s your ally (supposedly).

When I was a kid growing up Americans swooned for Fidel Castro. He was going to end the mob control and the dictatorship in Cuba, and restore the country to democracy. That didn’t exactly work out as planned either

In a democracy, if the “government agenda” is at odds with the peoples’ wishes, the people need only vote them out of office. The people didn’t like trumps agenda, and they voted him out of office. Now Trump is trying to overthrow the government.

What does that have to do with the your comments about agendas above?

A democracy relies upon the people basing their decisions on a common set of facts. Republicans are currently lying to their voters about the facts. When you have to lie about what you’re doing to the people, it’s probably not something that they would support if they knew the truth.

This is very dangerous for your democracy
LOL. Everyone here knows which links you click on. How many times did you click on the Trump/Russia collusion hoax spewed by the MSM?

Trump is different
He lies continuously. Doesn’t matter if it is a trivial fact or a damaging lie. Trump prefers his alternate reality to the real world.
I sometimes think that Trump is simply mocking everyone else by being absurd to reflect the absurdity of everyone else.

You'll never run out of crackpot conspiracies.
What's the conspiracy?

Did the press run with the Russiagate story (for 4 years BTW) which has been solidly proven to be complete bullshit or not? You're telling me that the press couldn't ferret out that it was bullshit in 4 years had they been actually investigating it?

Did the press run with the "Hunter's laptop was Russia propoganda" which has also been proven to be complete bullshit or not?

LOL. Ok. In other words he talks out his ass just like Trump does but because he's on your team you're ok with it.
Trump is different

See above. This isnt about the press actually holding anyone to the truth for you. It's about them holding the people you dont agree with to the "truth" you believe.

Forum List

Back