The 10 Year Tax Lie

Sorry, I suppose I was not clear. I'll help you out:

Seems to me Romney is hiding something; if he is not why would he not release these records. A matter of principle? I think not, the man is hiding something which may not be illegal - and I suspect is legal - but something he does not want the voters to know.. this is opinion, an opinion based on my years of experience as an investigator. You may disagree, I maybe wrong and we may never know. So, keep on with that tin foil hat ( I assume its purpose is to prevent information, opinions and ideas which may cause you cognitive dissonance. I wouldn't want to tax your brain.)

It's simple enough. Romney wants to talk about the economy, his plans for moving forward, and Obama's many spectacular failures. The left would rather sift through 20 years of his financial records looking for stupid shit to deflect from all of that. No one who's walking upright without dragging their knuckles could possibly believe that he's done anything criminal that hasn't been discovered already in two runs at the presidency and one term as a governor. He's going to leave you all gnashing your teeth while he pounds away at Obama's inept leadership. Tough luck if you're a Democrat, I'll grant. But it's not difficult to understand the motives in play.

Not the left, American voters want and need to know what he will do to fix the economy. Governance is not the same as being CEO of the Olympics or Bain Capital, it is much different. But that's for another thread. We need to know with some detail how he will reduce the debt, increase employment and do more than talk about the economy. What is he going to do - in detail.

What's in his taxes, how he earned a quarter of a billion dollars and where his wealth is invested is important. For people like me believe Romney is a Plutocrat and we chose to have in the White House men who believe in fairness and the American Dream - a society wherein the laws are made by the wealthy, for the wealthy is not the America of our parents and not one we wish on our kids and their children.

Sorry, but I don't believe a word of that. Barack Obama had no experience whatsoever. And I was paying attention in 2008, REALLY paying attention. And there wasn't any of this angst about how Obama's personal financial transactions were somehow revealing as to whether of not he was going to be competent as president. Nope. It was Cindy McCain's tax records that y'all cared about then.

You're looking for shit to nitpick and he's frustrating your efforts. Good for him.

Sorry, I suppose I was not clear. I'll help you out:

Seems to me Romney is hiding something; if he is not why would he not release these records. A matter of principle? I think not, the man is hiding something which may not be illegal - and I suspect is legal - but something he does not want the voters to know.. this is opinion, an opinion based on my years of experience as an investigator. You may disagree, I maybe wrong and we may never know. So, keep on with that tin foil hat ( I assume its purpose is to prevent information, opinions and ideas which may cause you cognitive dissonance. I wouldn't want to tax your brain.)

It's simple enough. Romney wants to talk about the economy, his plans for moving forward, and Obama's many spectacular failures. The left would rather sift through 20 years of his financial records looking for stupid shit to deflect from all of that. No one who's walking upright without dragging their knuckles could possibly believe that he's done anything criminal that hasn't been discovered already in two runs at the presidency and one term as a governor. He's going to leave you all gnashing your teeth while he pounds away at Obama's inept leadership. Tough luck if you're a Democrat, I'll grant. But it's not difficult to understand the motives in play.

Not the left, American voters want and need to know what he will do to fix the economy. Governance is not the same as being CEO of the Olympics or Bain Capital, it is much different. But that's for another thread. We need to know with some detail how he will reduce the debt, increase employment and do more than talk about the economy. What is he going to do - in detail.

What's in his taxes, how he earned a quarter of a billion dollars and where his wealth is invested is important. For people like me believe Romney is a Plutocrat and we chose to have in the White House men who believe in fairness and the American Dream - a society wherein the laws are made by the wealthy, for the wealthy is not the America of our parents and not one we wish on our kids and their children.

Fairness? What would the Obama administration know of fairness? Is it fair to demand that one man work so that the government can confiscate his earnings to give to another that won't work? Is it fair that legal immigrants follow the rules while illegal immigrants are rewarded with amnesty? Is it the American dream that you work a lifetime to leave something for your children to have the government take half of it? Fair? OMG the irony is thick enough to cut.

Sorry, but I don't believe a word of that. Barack Obama had no experience whatsoever. And I was paying attention in 2008, REALLY paying attention. And there wasn't any of this angst about how Obama's personal financial transactions were somehow revealing as to whether of not he was going to be competent as president. Nope. It was Cindy McCain's tax records that y'all cared about then.

You're looking for shit to nitpick and he's frustrating your efforts. Good for him.

Honestly, I didn't care about Cindy's McCain's wealth nor John Kerry's wife's wealth. I do wonder how someone running for President has 'earned' $250,000,000 million dollars, own homes in several states, and why he invests his money in foreign banks.

Now, the standard response will be I'm envious. Well, I'm not. Romney in my opinion is an empty suit, his pockets maybe full but his stump speech is weak, without substance and emblematic of a demagogue.

He's not frustrating me at all, I expect nothing from him and that is exactly what he gives.

Honestly, I didn't care about Cindy's McCain's wealth nor John Kerry's wife's wealth. I do wonder how someone running for President has 'earned' $250,000,000 million dollars, own homes in several states, and why he invests his money in foreign banks.

Now, the standard response will be I'm envious. Well, I'm not. Romney in my opinion is an empty suit, his pockets maybe full but his stump speech is weak, without substance and emblematic of a demagogue.

He's not frustrating me at all, I expect nothing from him and that is exactly what he gives.

Why would you care how much money the guy has made or where he owns property or has bank accounts? What does that have to do with the job he's running for? Certainly, he's not in it for the money. The job only pays $400k per year. To a guy like him, that's chump change. By your stated opinion, his speeches aren't worth paying for... so what do you think is his motivation for seeking office? Certainly he's got plenty of cash, and if he was the nefarious cat y'all make him out to be, it follows he'd likely not want a whole lot of public scrutiny. So just what is it that you think he's plotting??? :eusa_eh:

Oh please. You're becoming more like rdean and less like a serious poster with every post. You should quit parroting the dem line. You know full well that the only thing Obama wants is to be able to cherry pick items from Romney's taxes to twist into more lies. Have a little pride in yourself that if you're going to carry the democrat lies for them, that at least you come up with something more credible.

The issue is that Republicans want further tax cuts for the wealthy

They can't do it if their standard bearer pays a ridiculously low tax rate

Why? Why do "Republicans want further tax cuts for the wealthy"???

It is part of their redistribution of wealth from the working class to the wealthy

Ever hear of RomneyHood?

Robs from the poor and gives to the rich

The issue is that Republicans want further tax cuts for the wealthy

They can't do it if their standard bearer pays a ridiculously low tax rate

It is part of their redistribution of wealth from the working class to the wealthy

Ever hear of RomneyHood?

C'mon. Is that the best you've got. Give us a REAL reason... Why would Republicans want further tax cuts for the wealthy???

Ever hear of RomneyHood?

C'mon. Is that the best you've got. Give us a REAL reason... Why would Republicans want further tax cuts for the wealthy???

WAIT....I got it

If we cut taxes on the wealthy.....that money will TRICKLE DOWN through jobs and prosperity for all

THAT'S IT ......Isn't it?

Fairness? What would the Obama administration know of fairness? Is it fair to demand that one man work so that the government can confiscate his earnings to give to another that won't work? Is it fair that legal immigrants follow the rules while illegal immigrants are rewarded with amnesty? Is it the American dream that you work a lifetime to leave something for your children to have the government take half of it? Fair? OMG the irony is thick enough to cut.

Well, you are able to parrot the company line. I could parse each of your 'points' but they are too dull to bother (pun intended). Have you ever taken Civics? Me thinks not. Have you ever taken US History? Have you ever taken The Economic History of the United States? I believe not. But don't dispair, you're not alone.

Last edited:

Ever hear of RomneyHood?

WAIT....I got it

If we cut taxes on the wealthy.....that money will TRICKLE DOWN through jobs and prosperity for all

THAT'S IT ......Isn't it?

Hmmm... try again. :eusa_whistle:

Well, you are able to parrot the company line. I could parse each of your 'points' but they are too dull to bother (pun intended). Have you ever taken Civics? Me thinks not. Have you ever taken US History? Have you ever taken The Economic History of the United States? I believe not. But don't dispair, you're not alone.

In other words.. You can't figure out how any of that would be fair either. But don't despair, you're not alone.

Romney wants to raise taxes on the middle class to pay for additional rounds of cuts for top earners and he doesn't have the decency to match the President's transparency in releasing his own tax returns?

We already know that Romney is very rich, and we already know that Romney pays all the taxes that he owes. What you left wingers want is ammo for your class war, and it pisses you all off that Romney won't play into your game.

It does not matter whether you are rich or poor, the 15% rate on dividends and capital gains applies to all taxpayers. The reason that we have a 15% rate on capital gains is because it is good for the economy to have people with capital actually invest that capital into business ventures here, and not in other countries. Dividends are taxed twice. Once as corporate profits, and then again as dividends.

The government gets their share.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel

Why would you care how much money the guy has made or where he owns property or has bank accounts? What does that have to do with the job he's running for? Certainly, he's not in it for the money. The job only pays $400k per year. To a guy like him, that's chump change. By your stated opinion, his speeches aren't worth paying for... so what do you think is his motivation for seeking office? Certainly he's got plenty of cash, and if he was the nefarious cat y'all make him out to be, it follows he'd likely not want a whole lot of public scrutiny. So just what is it that you think he's plotting??? :eusa_eh:

In a word, Ambition. That's what drives him.

I don't believe he has an agenda and I don't believe he is nefarious; I do believe he is a Plutocrat and believes in his heart and soul that when the rich do well it will trickle down to the rest. I know in my heart, my soul and my frontal lobe Voodoo Economics is a bullshit theory advanced to benefit the rich.

How many of you honesty could go to your neighbors and suggest the richest family in the neighborhood should pay everyone's electric bills? Even if you could, how many neighbors do you think would agree? What are the chances the richest neighbor won't just move away, if confronted by a bunch of neighbers with a petition?

How many of you honesty could go to your neighbors and suggest the richest family in the neighborhood should pay everyone's electric bills? Even if you could, how many neighbors do you think would agree? What are the chances the richest neighbor won't just move away, if confronted by a bunch of neighbers with a petition?

Only you - and a few others - would advance such an absurdity. Come down to the real world whydon'tya.

Only you - and a few others - would advance such an absurdity. Come down to the real world whydon'tya.

I was just drawing a parallel, Obama is the one advancing the theory. What you said is pretty much my answer to him too.

I was just drawing a parallel, Obama is the one advancing the theory. What you said is pretty much my answer to him too.

Whatever.

The American worker is among the most productive on earth. For that, he is receiving less and less for his efforts. Meanwhile, the CEOs and wealthy power brokers are assuming a larger and larger piece of the pie

What have they done to earn so much additional wealth? Have they produced more? Have they taken a larger piece of the global market? Have they created more jobs?

No they haven't. What they have done is assume a larger role in the political process and used the GOP to write hand crafted legislation that enables them to assume and maintain more wealth
What have they done? Are you serious?

What have you done to remain poor, or middle class, or wealthy?

Have you risked it all? Or have you whined about long hours and low wages without spending the extra time to get educated so that you can earn more money?

Have you risked your home, family, and finanical reputation to start a business, worked 70 hours a week to build it, and then agonize over making payroll?

Or have you simply whined about having to fill in an extra couple of hours a week when you just wanted to go home to your bowling league?

Risk? Are you serious?

A small business takes risk and its owners risk losing all they have on the whims of the market

The super wealthy and the power brokers do not take risk. They get rich by ensuring that there is no risk in their investments. They get rich by ensuring the deal is done before they invest a nickle of their own money.
In essence...they get rich by ensuring that others have to assume the risk

What utter nonsense! Returns on investments are based on the risk of the investment, and that does not change whether you are investing $100 or $100 million. Markets go up and markets go down. If you have $100 in the market and it goes down, you lose a few dollars. If you have $100 million in the market and it goes down, you lose millions.

Most small businesses are operating on other people's money. Some of that money comes from small investors and some of that money comes from big investors. They all take the same risk, and they all deserve the same rate of return on their investments.

I find it interesting that you have those with such altruistic ideals about fairness as long as it's someone else they think needs to contribute more. If they were the ones being asked for the larger portion, their altruism would quickly disappear.

Forum List

Back