Todd Akin wins gop senate primary in Missouri

Remodeling Maidiac

Diamond Member
Jun 13, 2011
Kansas City
Despite Brunners constant lead in the polls (and my donation :( ) and Palin throwing her weight behind Steelman, Akin comes out the clear winner.

McCaskil made it clear Akin was the candidate she wanted to face. He is also arguably the most conservative with a moderate amount of local Tea Party support.

So the stage is set here in Missouri. Far left vs far right. Of course you all know where I stand.

She is history.

Obama won't be doing much in your state so she is on her own.

Clair "The Titanic".

• Banned
why is she "far Left" in your eyes?

She has tried to position herself as a moderate locally. It's laughable. As far as what I think of her political positions I've had interactions directly with her family. While they are very nice people their beliefs, which they loved to discuss, are the polar opposite of mine.

Despite Brunners constant lead in the polls (and my donation :( ) and Palin throwing her weight behind Steelman, Akin comes out the clear winner.

McCaskil made it clear Akin was the candidate she wanted to face. He is also arguably the most conservative with a moderate amount of local Tea Party support.

So the stage is set here in Missouri. Far left vs far right. Of course you all know where I stand.

You were saying earlier that you didn't think Steelman would be the candidate. Are you happy with Akin and will everyone now swing behind him to take the seat?

This sounds like this is going to be a battle royal against McCaskil.

• Banned

You were saying earlier that you didn't think Steelman would be the candidate. Are you happy with Akin and will everyone now swing behind him to take the seat?

This sounds like this is going to be a battle royal against McCaskil.

I wanted Brunner. I gave him money sadly. He had a business background that I thought was important. Akin is basically a career politician who has made incendiary comments. I will have to check him out thoroughly before I commit.

McCaskil made it clear Akin was the candidate she wanted to face.

gives her a fighting chance to keep her job - especially if the top of the ticket, Romney implodes and the election turns out a landslide for Obama.

• Banned

gives her a fighting chance to keep her job - especially if the top of the ticket, Romney implodes and the election turns out a landslide for Obama.

Even if Obama wins I believe the senate is gone for the dems. I have had my doubts about Romney being willing to take it to Obama.

Well, since we know that wont happen, are you saying she has no chance?

The power in America rests in the hands of the House and Senate, not the white house. The thought of four more years is enough to drive a person to drink and quit working.

Even if Obama wins I believe the senate is gone for the dems. I have had my doubts about Romney being willing to take it to Obama.

The problem is, you really think that Romney's key to victory is "taking it to Obama".

It isn't. It's convincing us he can do a better job.

For the Senate, RCP has 47 solid Dem seats, 45 solid Rep seats, and 9 seats that are tossups. The Republicans would have to win six or seven of those to get control, while the Dems only have to win three or four (depending on who the veep is, of course.)

Shouldn't be that way, but the Teabaggers have put easy seats like IN in the tossup column, drove moderates like Snowe out of the Senate, and totally fumbled seats like MI where they ran a racist commercial..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1A8jNdWfQ5c]Controversial Racist Pete Hoekstra Ad - YouTube[/ame]

The problem is, you really think that Romney's key to victory is "taking it to Obama".

For the Senate, RCP has 47 solid Dem seats, 45 solid Rep seats, and 9 seats that are tossups. The Republicans would have to win six or seven of those to get control, while the Dems only have to win three or four (depending on who the veep is, of course.)

Shouldn't be that way, but the Teabaggers have put easy seats like IN in the tossup column, drove moderates like Snowe out of the Senate, and totally fumbled seats like MI where they ran a racist commercial..

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1A8jNdWfQ5c]Controversial Racist Pete Hoekstra Ad - YouTube[/ame]

You're such a tool. Dunno why I haven't put you on ignore yet.

I was hoping the good looking woman would win the primary in the Show Me state.

The senate race here in the Old Dominion is an interesting one. Two former governors duking it out in what the polls are showing is a toss-up. Good stuff.

McCaskill has a real problem with getting money since the RNC will be able to support the republican but obama has said that no democrat running for a local seat will get any DNC money. It will all go to him.

You're such a tool. Dunno why I haven't put you on ignore yet.

IOW's- you can't refute what he posted :rolleyes:

Forum List

Back