• I'm going out (restaurant)

Votes: 2 11.1%
  • I'm working a soup kitchen

• No plans

Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Watching Football & Drinking Beer

• Other (I always forget something obvious...)

Votes: 4 22.2%

• Total voters
Thanksgiving at my Mom's is not like it was in 2000 because back then it was no

Kids or Pets

Now my aunt will bring her grandson and my mom has a cat that has been there for 3 years. Two of the most annoying fucking things on this planet

Kids or Pets

Now my aunt will bring her grandson and my mom has a cat that has been there for 3 years. Two of the most annoying fucking things on this planet

Kids and pets are OK if people can control them or keep them out of the way or quiet......
Not now a days....

Kids and Pets rule homes. Another sad statement of our society.........

Kids or Pets

Kids and pets are OK if people can control them or keep them out of the way or quiet......
Not now a days....

And it's no other kid that will be at the house so he will be going from person to person

I can't choose a favorite Thanksgiving dish. I love so many. I cannot WAIT until Thanksgiving!!!
very-hungry.gif

Kids or Pets

Not now a days....

And it's no other kid that will be at the house so he will be going from person to person

So? Have some compassion for the poor kid being stuck around people like yourself all day. I feel sorry for him. :( I'm sure he doesn't want to be around you either.

Kids or Pets

Not now a days....

So? Have some compassion for the poor kid being stuck around people like yourself all day. I feel sorry for him. :( I'm sure he doesn't want to be around you either.

Hey, family holidays are a prime opportunity for children to learn the patience and self-restraint around frigging morons that will serve them well in later life, when they need to not laugh in their boss's face.

everybody always heads to my sister's home, because she's the one with a McMansion that holds enough room for the various siblings, spouses, kids, grandkids & a couple of dachshunds... coming from a huge Italian family, we have everything from soup to nuts on Thanksgiving. Everybody brings something & the 'menu' consists of:

antipasto
lasagna (that's what I make)
Italian wedding soup
3-4 fried turkeys with different flavorings
white potatoes
yams
broccoli casserole
rolls
nuts & chestnuts
grapes, tangerines & pomegranates
pies & cookies.

I gotta say my lasagna is my favorite side with the broccoli casserole a close second

A decent meal I hope.

Christmas is another story. My niece got a new job, and according to her .... it will be difficult for all of the family to get together at one time to open Christmas presents - due to her irregular schedule and my shift work.

I am supposed to bounce around, and cannot. People in this and many other ways and scenarios....... Are putting the burden on me.

Since I do not have the ability to trade shifts anymore since the new security company took over that I work for. it will be hard for me to be flexible.

And there is about 30 or 40 (approximate ) shifts of overtime for December in my department.

Shadow 355

I can't choose a favorite Thanksgiving dish. I love so many. I cannot WAIT until Thanksgiving!!!
very-hungry.gif

How about bake chicken legs with sweet and sour ingredients. When cooked add sliced pineapple on top then decorate with lettuce around.

Chicken? On Thanksgiving? :D I'm not so sure about that. I'm a traditional girl and I like my traditional Thanksgiving day turkey! Gobble gobble! ;)

very-hungry.gif

How about bake chicken legs with sweet and sour ingredients. When cooked add sliced pineapple on top then decorate with lettuce around.

Chicken? On Thanksgiving? :D I'm not so sure about that. I'm a traditional girl and I like my traditional Thanksgiving day turkey! Gobble gobble! ;)

Just to add more menus to the table aside from Turkey.

very-hungry.gif

Oh, I see. I have chicken all the time. I only have turkey on holidays, so I'll probably just stick with turkey. Thanks for the suggestion though. :)

thanksgiving is the only day I have fried turkey.

I've never had fried turkey. Just oven roasted. Which do you prefer?

FRIED. I rarely eat beef & I do not eat fish at all, so I have roasted chicken with stuffing/gravy quite often so roast turkey is almost the same. I can't tell you how f'n good fried turkey is. my nephew injects them with different flavors- usually teriyaki, garlic & butter & sometimes with Italian salad dressing. it's soooooo decadent, but on thanksgiving- I do not care.

thanksgiving is the only day I have fried turkey.

I've never had fried turkey. Just oven roasted. Which do you prefer?

FRIED. I rarely eat beef & I do not eat fish at all, so I have roasted chicken with stuffing/gravy quite often so roast turkey is almost the same. I can't tell you how f'n good fried turkey is. my nephew injects them with different flavors- usually teriyaki, garlic & butter & sometimes with Italian salad dressing. it's soooooo decadent, but on thanksgiving- I do not care.

Speaking of beef, I have some steak in the fridge marinating for that beef teriyaki. :D I'll let you know how it comes out. It's been marinating since last night, so it should be good and tender. I didn't buy flank steak for it though. I bought bottom round which is sliced thin and about the size of a beef teriyaki. I might end up trimming a little off, but I just know it's gonna be good! :eusa_dance:

very-hungry.gif

Oh, I see. I have chicken all the time. I only have turkey on holidays, so I'll probably just stick with turkey. Thanks for the suggestion though. :)

If I had someone around who didn't care for turkey, I'd add a ham. They're on very good sales right now, and really delicious. In fact, that's usually what I do for Christmas if I'm not up for even more turkey.

very-hungry.gif

If I had someone around who didn't care for turkey, I'd add a ham. They're on very good sales right now, and really delicious. In fact, that's usually what I do for Christmas if I'm not up for even more turkey.

Oh, I'm just going to my mom's. I'm not cooking. We all love turkey. :) I like ham too though. We have ham on Easter.

Forum List

Back