Thanksgiving in February

TNHarley

I like to use black cherries in my glaze because they have that nice dark color and are sweet. We only get them during the summertime around here, but you might get them all year in TN.

I use chicken thighs with bone in skin on and grill them in the summer, but I've cooked them in the oven too, and they come out really good inside as well. I bet they would be super in the slow cooker too. I don't use my slow cooker very often.

Last edited:
TNHarley

I like to use black cherries in my glaze because they have that nice dark color and are sweet. We only get them during the summertime around here, but you might get them all year in TN.

I use chicken thighs with bone in skin on and grill them in the summer, but I've cooked them in the oven too, and they come out really good inside as well. I bet they would be super in the slow cooker too. I don't use my slow cooker very often.
chicken thighs are the most tender. I prefer breast, but I cant deny the tenderness.
I like to roast chicken thighs in the oven. I mix a crapload of paprika and olive oil and make a "paste"
Put the paste on top and under the skin
Put the chicken on top of some sliced potatoes and the potato cooks in the juices. Its great. And the skin is so crispy!

TNHarley

chicken thighs are the most tender. I prefer breast, but I cant deny the tenderness.
I like to roast chicken thighs in the oven. I mix a crapload of paprika and olive oil and make a "paste"
Put the chicken on top of some sliced potatoes and the potato cooks in the juices. Its great. And the skin is so crispy!

I used to prefer breasts, but now I like thighs better. No lesbian. :lol:

TNHarley

I use butter and garlic under the skin usually on a whole chicken. That is SO good. I haven't had a whole chicken in a while. I'm getting hungry now! I have to use up some of my leftover roast beef tonight. Maybe a stir fry would be nice.

Ugh, I shouldn't have made this thread, yet.
Now, my plain burger I ordered for lunch is going to taste like crap :/

By the way, if you use the recipe I posted and you want your glaze to be smooth, you just strain it. I strain mine because I like it smooth.
That's what I was going to do.
Maybe mix the chunks in the stuffing? Maybe that will be too much fruit flavor?

We have a big Thanksgiving dinner party with friends at least three times a year. It's my favorite meal to plan and cook. Break out the Weber Bullet and smoke the house down.

Ugh, I shouldn't have made this thread, yet.
Now, my plain burger I ordered for lunch is going to taste like crap :/

I know right? I went to Whole Foods yesterday to pick up a couple of things and I saw the balsamic glazed chicken there, but I was in a hurry and the place was packed and then I ended up stopping at disgusting McDonalds. :cry: I had to do it! I was so short on time!

By the way, if you use the recipe I posted and you want your glaze to be smooth, you just strain it. I strain mine because I like it smooth.

It would probably be pretty good. People sometimes put apples in stuffing, why not cherries?

I have a weber kettle for small stuff. I have a char grill 36" for ribs and such.
I thought about trying a pellet smoker but something about using actual wood gives me one :dunno:
I know on the infomercials, the food looks PERFECT

The bread should absorb a lot of that flavor. You should definitely try it and report back the results. :)

I wonder, if you can't find fresh cherries, if you could rehydrate some dried ones. I've seen them in the fruit aisle with the other dried fruits sometimes. I've never tried with cherries, but raisins rehydrated in rum are awesome. You could use something nonalcoholic for the kiddies, but wouldn't they be okay in a glaze?

I wonder, if you can't find fresh cherries, if you could rehydrate some dried ones. I've seen them in the fruit aisle with the other dried fruits sometimes. I've never tried with cherries, but raisins rehydrated in rum are awesome. You could use something nonalcoholic for the kiddies, but wouldn't they be okay in a glaze?
as long as it cooks enough.

Forum List

Back