1 c chicken broth
1 can cr of mushroom soup
1 can cr of chicken soup
3 c shredded cheese
12 corn tortillas
salt and pepper
13x9 inch pan greased
oven 375

Saute onions. Add broth bring to simmer. Add the other soups and chiles, whisk and bring to a simmer. Add chicken set aside.

Put six tortilas down in pan, pour half of chicken mixture over them. Layer half of cheese on top, repeat layers.

Cook about an hour.

Yeah it's excellent.

3 c cooked cubed or shredded chicken
2 3.5 oz cans of chiles
1 small chopped.onion
1 c chicken broth
1 can cr of chicken soup
3 c shredded cheese
12 corn tortillas
salt and pepper
13x9 inch pan greased
oven 375

Saute onions. Add broth bring to simmer. Add the other soups and chiles, whisk and bring to a simmer. Add chicken set aside.

Put six tortilas down in pan, pour half of chicken mixture over them. Layer half of cheese on top, repeat layers.

Cook about an hour.

Yeah it's excellent.

Nice. I'll try this next week.

Looks like a lotta liquid though, all that zoup.
I'll dump lotsa peppers in there too. And gotta have garlic.

2 3.5 oz cans of chiles
1 small chopped.onion
1 c chicken broth
1 can cr of chicken soup
3 c shredded cheese
12 corn tortillas
salt and pepper
13x9 inch pan greased
oven 375

Cook about an hour.

Yeah it's excellent.

We had this the other night only instead of layering, just rolled em up then topped with extra mixture & cheese and call it 'Chicken Enchilapas' ...good schtuf :thup:

2 3.5 oz cans of chiles
1 small chopped.onion
1 c chicken broth
1 can cr of chicken soup
3 c shredded cheese
12 corn tortillas
salt and pepper
13x9 inch pan greased
oven 375

Cook about an hour.

Yeah it's excellent.

The tortillas absorb the liquid...more so if you let it sit for twenty min or so before serving.

Remember it already has Chili's in it, might want to be careful with the peppers and garlic.

2 3.5 oz cans of chiles
1 small chopped.onion
1 c chicken broth
1 can cr of chicken soup
3 c shredded cheese
12 corn tortillas
salt and pepper
13x9 inch pan greased
oven 375

Cook about an hour.

Yeah it's excellent.

The tortillas absorb the liquid...more so if you let it sit for twenty min or so before serving.

Remember it already has Chili's in it, might want to be careful with the peppers and garlic.

Ah yes good point. But I'll prolly cut back on both the tortillas and the liquids.

I love my peppers and garlic. I grew ghost peppers last summer. Don't have any more but I loved 'em.

2 3.5 oz cans of chiles
1 small chopped.onion
1 c chicken broth
1 can cr of chicken soup
3 c shredded cheese
12 corn tortillas
salt and pepper
13x9 inch pan greased
oven 375

Cook about an hour.

Yeah it's excellent.

Ah yes good point. But I'll prolly cut back on both the tortillas and the liquids.

I love my peppers and garlic. I grew ghost peppers last summer. Don't have any more but I loved 'em.

Don't cut back on the liquids, it will be too dry. Remember, the soups are just straight from the can & are pretty thick. The only real 'liquid' is the chicken broth and 1 cup really isn't that much. When you mix it all together, it's still a thick mixture.....not runny. When it cooks, the soup & cheese melt to make it creamy.

Enchilada sauce is much thinner & runnier than this mixture and when cooked, it doesn't make them soggy.......same with this stuff.

2 3.5 oz cans of chiles
1 small chopped.onion
1 c chicken broth
1 can cr of chicken soup
3 c shredded cheese
12 corn tortillas
salt and pepper
13x9 inch pan greased
oven 375

Cook about an hour.

Yeah it's excellent.

Don't cut back on the liquids, it will be too dry. Remember, the soups are just straight from the can & are pretty thick. The only real 'liquid' is the chicken broth and 1 cup really isn't that much. When you mix it all together, it's still a thick mixture.....not runny. When it cooks, the soup & cheese melt to make it creamy.

Enchilada sauce is much thinner & runnier than this mixture and when cooked, it doesn't make them soggy.......same with this stuff.
No it's not soggy at all.

It is pretty loose when it first comes out of the oven, the cheese is all melty and the sauce is hot and thin but it thickens upon standing, even after just a few minutes.

2 3.5 oz cans of chiles
1 small chopped.onion
1 c chicken broth
1 can cr of chicken soup
3 c shredded cheese
12 corn tortillas
salt and pepper
13x9 inch pan greased
oven 375

Cook about an hour.

Yeah it's excellent.

No it's not soggy at all.

It is pretty loose when it first comes out of the oven, the cheese is all melty and the sauce is hot and thin but it thickens upon standing, even after just a few minutes.

Hey, it just occurred to me --- I've got some pappadums that are supposed to be deep fried, and I really don't want to deep fry. I could try that in there. Got some chapati I'm not that fond of as well. Think I'll try those to use 'em up. :thup:

The kitchen is my laboratory and I am its mad scientist...

Forum List

Back