Thanks Ms Obama: Why Obesity Rates are Falling Among Preschoolers

Hold up because this is a first. Are you saying that healthy fresh foods are cheaper than McD's? Or fresh healthy foods are generally less expensive than crap food? I really really hope not

sure they are. cook your food yourself and that is WAY cheaper than eating at McD. and cheaper than processed crap food as well.

But you have to buy it, clean it, chop it and cook it. then you have to clean the utensils, the kitchen, the pots, and the stove. That requires EFFORT, TIME and WILL.

meh, you'd rather go to McD, or defrost that pizza from a fridge, right? :lol:

Last edited:
Moochelle's *ss gets wider by the day yet she gets credit for a program she didn't create and has no inclination to participate in. Makes sense if you're a lefty I guess.

Actually, of course, the opposite is true.

Good food is more expensive than McD's type shit. More calories for the buck.

If you can afford it and if you care about your health, you buy real food. Meaning, no boxes, no paper wrappers and ingredients you can afford.

If you're broke, it doesn't matter that you know McD's shit IS shit. Its all you can afford.

Not true.

starting with the necessity of "more calories" for the buck Yes, fast food provides you plenty of calories, but it does not mean you need them.

You do not need more than 1500-1800 calories per day unless you are chopping wood or plowing.
That amount can be prepared from raw products EASILY.

Buying raw products and cooking food is much cheaper than eating at McD.

That's a libtard myth for promoting obesity and laziness that eating fast food or processed food is cheaper.

Hold up because this is a first. Are you saying that healthy fresh foods are cheaper than McD's? Or fresh healthy foods are generally less expensive than crap food? I really really hope not

Yes, healthy foods are cheaper than McD's.

A lb of beans is $1.49. It will feed a family of four 2 meals.

Tomatoes are currently $.99/lb.

Chicken quarters are $1.49/lb.

Peaches are $1/lb.

Spinach is $1.99 for a big package....

Yeah, healthy food is cheaper.

25 lbs of flour is $14, a bottle of yeast is $7, and salt is about a dollar...with that you can make bread for a month or more.

I saved $200 the first 2 months I started canning and stopped going to McD's, lol.

5 dozen eggs, $7.
A gallon of milk, $2.49
$6 for 2 lb of cheese...omelettes for a month.

No one associated with the government to include Michelle Obama, has the right to dictate what anyone eats. Enough with the librul, "I know what's best for you." Parents can decide for their own children.. Gee, what a concept!

You want to cut down on obesity amongst the welfare class, reduce their foodstamps.

Instant weight loss..

sure they are. cook your food yourself and that is WAY cheaper than eating at McD. and cheaper than processed crap food as well.

But you have to buy it, clean it, chop it and cook it. then you have to clean the utensils, the kitchen, the pots, and the stove. That requires EFFORT, TIME and WILL.

I almost never eat out and eat very healthy so you've got the wrong impression.

Just like the idea that a pack of hot dogs are more expensive than a salad. Have you bought spinach or arugula lately? Its high as hell and that JUST the veggies. Ground beef is cheaper than ground turkey. I substitute meats in some recipes with mushrooms but thats ME. Most people dont eat that way because dollar menus are EVERYWHERE. Cheap fast and easy like busy people like it for convenience. You can say ALL those people are stupid but consider that there are more fat asses in America than anywhere else, can you say there is something wrong with everyone else or a problem with the cheap healthy food options?

Lol....greed and a desire to not lift a finger at any time, or to ever have to make a choice and live with the consequences.

BTW, cc is lying. Fresh spinach, I bought some today $1.99 for a 1 lb bag...that's a good sized bag. Chicken breasts are $.99/lb (foster farms, no hormones) and ground turkey is $1.99/lb.

Ground beef is $2.99-$4/lb.

I still don't understand how people have obese pre schoolers. My five year old eats food pretty much 24 hours a day and he looks like I starve him. I can literally count his ribs.

I almost never eat out and eat very healthy so you've got the wrong impression.

Just like the idea that a pack of hot dogs are more expensive than a salad. Have you bought spinach or arugula lately? Its high as hell and that JUST the veggies. Ground beef is cheaper than ground turkey. I substitute meats in some recipes with mushrooms but thats ME. Most people dont eat that way because dollar menus are EVERYWHERE. Cheap fast and easy like busy people like it for convenience. You can say ALL those people are stupid but consider that there are more fat asses in America than anywhere else, can you say there is something wrong with everyone else or a problem with the cheap healthy food options?

thats because so many people would just rather go pick something up than have to prepare it themselves.....its cheaper to do it yourself more healthy and less fattening...but you have to want to actually do it...and there lies the problem.....my opinion anyway....

The decrease in obesity is amongst white families who have gone to one income and chosen homeschooling above indoctrination!

Obesity rates have increased amongst Hispanics and remained high amongst blacks.

Interesting!!!
OBAMAS people are bulking up!
Moo chelle is not getting through to them!!

Foo tamp is hard enough!!
Shouldn't have to prep and cook it!!!
That shits for the dumb working man!!
Creepy assed crackers!!

Mexicans out here look no fatter than anyone else.....

The obese preschooler epidemic is a contrived condition meant to desensitize people to having the government restrict their food intake. Just as obese *hungry* people is a contrivance. People who are starving are NOT obese.

Well the original initiative began in 2004. Gee, who was President then?

:)

"The HealthierUS School Challenge (HUSSC) is a voluntary initiative established in 2004 to recognize those schools participating in the National School Lunch Program that have created healthier school environments through promotion of nutrition and physical activity.

In February 2010, First Lady Michelle Obama introduced Let's Move!, incorporating the HealthierUS School Challenge into her campaign to raise a healthier generation of kids. At the time, monetary incentive awards became available for each HUSSC award level: Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Gold Award of Distinction.

Let's Move! - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia!

So it's a good thing only when Bush does it? Gotcha :lol:

But, but, but...they now say they never defended Bush.

Yeah.. because the REP first ladies and presidents supported couch potato activity levels :rolleyes:

Idiotic

Yeah because its to much to ask for you to make a point:lol:

Snark is not a point Davey

The point is the first lady had about as much to do with any statistic showing the reduction in obesity as the Honey Nut Cherrios Bee did... and that we did not see you giving praise when former presidents and first ladies of another political persuasion had stances against things like obesity

economy sucks. poor arent able to buy food like they normally would. not surprising that the obesity rate drops.

If you can afford it and if you care about your health, you buy real food. Meaning, no boxes, no paper wrappers and ingredients you can afford.

If you're broke, it doesn't matter that you know McD's shit IS shit. Its all you can afford.

No.. good food can be and is indeed cheaper than McDonalds.... I can easily have a healthy meal for 2 with chicken, brown rice, and FRESH veggie for LESS than what it costs to buy and eat a crappy value meal..

You are nothing more than a biased idiot troll

economy sucks. poor arent able to buy food like they normally would. not surprising that the obesity rate drops.

Your lie has been proven wrong in another thread, it is alot cheaper to buy unprepared ood and make it yourself. Nice try again though.

Forum List

Back