Thanks, Agree's etc

I think we should award people "cute puppies." You know, like a 'thank you' or an 'agree.'

We could have a cute puppy generator and control over what kind of puppies are used, you know ... so no naughty puppies have any accidents or hug your leg too much.

puppy4.gif

Well, now I am seeing in my alerts stuff I have no interest in seeing by someone I am not following. Maybe the bug moved to another location.

cereal_killer

My suggestion was to link the Thank/Agree/Funny/Informative buttons to a user's profile page where you can leave a comment. As soon as you click it, it registers and then open's that person's profile page. That's what I miss most. It was a communication tool. That kind of communication ability has been lost and I think it's changed the atmosphere of this place.

YES! A thousands times YES!
Yeah people would love to be taken off the thread to the persons Profile Page EVERYTIME they rated a members posts. People would just love a feature like that.

Click on the persons username and choose to hit their Profile Page from the pop-up.
Well it could be limited to just the "Thank" button. :dunno:
It's just that it used to be a lot simpler to leave a comment

cereal_killer

My suggestion was to link the Thank/Agree/Funny/Informative buttons to a user's profile page where you can leave a comment. As soon as you click it, it registers and then open's that person's profile page. That's what I miss most. It was a communication tool. That kind of communication ability has been lost and I think it's changed the atmosphere of this place.

Yeah people would love to be taken off the thread to the persons Profile Page EVERYTIME they rated a members posts. People would just love a feature like that.

Click on the persons username and choose to hit their Profile Page from the pop-up.
Even worse. Thats the most used rating. Nobody wants to be redirected to someones profile every time they thank them. After two times most people would stop "thanking". Terrible idea ;)

Not the same vibe. No vibrancy any more. Many MIA. In short..it lost its edge.

i think the problem lies in the ignore and word censor function, too many people have many others on ignore, therefore the "vibrancy" thingy.

disable the ignore and word censor function and this forum will return to it's once great self..,one other thing the censoring of words.., WHY, everyone has heard read or spoke them at one time or another.

OK ?

I disagree with you, Wildman. What CK has done with this board was in all ways a great improvement from the earlier board. If you do not like the ignore feature? Don't use it. As for the way it is set up? I wouldn't change a thing! Not one thing.

cereal_killer

Even worse. Thats the most used rating. Nobody wants to be redirected to someones profile every time they thank them. After two times most people would stop "thanking". Terrible idea ;)
Ok one more stab at this then I'll shut up. With the old rep system, a window would pop up so you could leave a comment. That's what I was referring to.

cereal_killer

Ok one more stab at this then I'll shut up. With the old rep system, a window would pop up so you could leave a comment. That's what I was referring to.

The COMMENTS were the best part of the rep system, not the point score.

Just sayin'.

cereal_killer

The COMMENTS were the best part of the rep system, not the point score.

Just sayin'.
It was a fucking riot. :thup:

As some of you have already noticed there are no more ratings (agree, funny etc) and when posting/submitting the post would hang up and appear to not have worked. Continuing to hit 'submit' would double and triple post a lot of times.

This 'hanging' was caused by the ratings system. We're getting errors and cannot figure out the source of whats causing these errors. This is the same software version as our other sites and yet this is the only site experiencing this issue.

Our programmer is in the process of working through these issues to get everything back up and running. You MAY experience slow load times or erratic behavior from time to time so bear with us for a bit as we try to figure out whats causing these errors.

Apologies for the inconvenience folks...

UPDATE 1: TapaTalk is causing the error so it has been disabled temporarily. The mobile site is just as fast an intuitive so please use that while on your mobile device.

UPDATE 2: Everything is working and there is peace in the world.........for now

The NSA is behind this!!

No pubic option! No pubic option!

We came unarmed with ISPs - this time...

cereal_killer

again click on their username and you'll get a pop up. Old home you just had to walk through the double doors, new home you have to turn the knob to go through the door ;)

As some of you have already noticed there are no more ratings (agree, funny etc) and when posting/submitting the post would hang up and appear to not have worked. Continuing to hit 'submit' would double and triple post a lot of times.

This 'hanging' was caused by the ratings system. We're getting errors and cannot figure out the source of whats causing these errors. This is the same software version as our other sites and yet this is the only site experiencing this issue.

Our programmer is in the process of working through these issues to get everything back up and running. You MAY experience slow load times or erratic behavior from time to time so bear with us for a bit as we try to figure out whats causing these errors.

Apologies for the inconvenience folks...

UPDATE 1: TapaTalk is causing the error so it has been disabled temporarily. The mobile site is just as fast an intuitive so please use that while on your mobile device.

UPDATE 2: Everything is working and there is peace in the world.........for now

The NSA is behind this!!

No pubic option! No pubic option!

We came unarmed with ISPs - this time...

Stop clowning around :wink_2:

cereal_killer

Here is the downside to the way that was done before, Mr. H.. When someone thanked you, you were pretty much obligated to send a reply back - which was time consuming. Especially when they wrote a reply in that little comment window that was open ended - it would have been rude to not write something. Again. Time consuming. Some folks (like me) do not want to have a discussion over every comment we have liked or agreed with yet we want to thank the person! Shoot, I do not even like replying to comments on some of my own threads because that is not my reason for posting them. I'm thinking about getting out information - not bonding. If people want to bond the option is there. On PM! That's the flip side of that coin! My 2 cents!

Last edited:
cereal_killer

Here is the downside to the way that was done before, Mr. H.. When someone thanked you, you were pretty much obligated to send a reply back - which was time consuming. Especially when they wrote a reply in that little comment window that was open ended - it would have been rude to not write something. Again. Time consuming. Some folks (like me) do not want to have a discussion over every comment we have like or approve yet we want to thank the person! Shoot, I do not even like replying to comments on some of my own threads because that is not my reason for posting them. I'm thinking about getting out information - not bonding. If people want to bond the option is there. On PM! That's the flip side of that coin! My 2 cents!
This is what I like about Xenforo. If you want to reach out that option is there and then some. I liked getting a little note when I received rep, I'm not going to lie, but with the system now it's a bit more personal/meaningful when someone reaches out. Instead of "I so agree with this statement!" rep comment, I'll get "I really agree with what you wrote in that thread about foreign aid. Too many people.........etc etc etc". It's as if when someone reaches out they really have something to say. I have to be honest, since the switch I've gotten to know people A LOT better because our conversations are on a much more intimate level (if that makes sense) I've learned that most members persona out on the forums is not in any way indicative of who they really are. There are a lot of awesome people here, thats all I can say :)

I have to agree. It's up to the individual (with the new format) when they feel compelled to send a PM and thank the person for what they have written - I've done it myself - which has led to a genuine exchange of ideas, etc that wouldn't have been possible on board because as you say, CK, people (some) have their "persona" and then there is the real them. It's the best of all worlds - in my opinion.

Last edited:

Here is the downside to the way that was done before, Mr. H.. When someone thanked you, you were pretty much obligated to send a reply back - which was time consuming. Especially when they wrote a reply in that little comment window that was open ended - it would have been rude to not write something. Again. Time consuming. Some folks (like me) do not want to have a discussion over every comment we have like or approve yet we want to thank the person! Shoot, I do not even like replying to comments on some of my own threads because that is not my reason for posting them. I'm thinking about getting out information - not bonding. If people want to bond the option is there. On PM! That's the flip side of that coin! My 2 cents!
This is what I like about Xenforo. If you want to reach out that option is there and then some. I liked getting a little note when I received rep, I'm not going to lie, but with the system now it's a bit more personal/meaningful when someone reaches out. Instead of "I so agree with this statement!" rep comment, I'll get "I really agree with what you wrote in that thread about foreign aid. Too many people.........etc etc etc". It's as if when someone reaches out they really have something to say. I have to be honest, since the switch I've gotten to know people A LOT better because our conversations are on a much more intimate level (if that makes sense) I've learned that most members persona out on the forums is not in any way indicative of who they really are. There are a lot of awesome people here, thats all I can say :)

I really agree with what you say about zenforo.

Now, we need to talk about an addition to the agree, like and funny. We need a hand that jumps out of dillwad's computer and slaps him on the face at the right time. Very important!

Now, we need to talk about an addition to the agree, like and funny. We need a hand that jumps out of dillwad's computer and slaps him on the face at the right time. Very important!

Who knew that clowns could be so violent? You need a makeover, Stat. The suit is fine but that makeup is just too much!

Who knew that clowns could be so violent? You need a makeover, Stat. The suit is fine but that makeup is just too much!

Discernment is such a fine thing. A clown avatar is not a hand, nor does it speak in tongues.

:D

Discernment is such a fine thing. A clown avatar is not a hand, nor does it speak in tongues.

A hand in a suit would give new meaning to a stuffed shirt, wouldn't it? As for a clown speaking in tongues? Not with that star on his forehead! Not a chance.

A hand in a suit would give new meaning to a stuffed shirt, wouldn't it? As for a clown speaking in tongues? Not with that star on his forehead! Not a chance.

Well, the tongues we speak are actual languages and not hashish induced babblings like little babies. Now, listen to the hand, beautiful....

Forum List

Back