Thanks, Agree's etc

As some of you have already noticed there are no more ratings (agree, funny etc) and when posting/submitting the post would hang up and appear to not have worked. Continuing to hit 'submit' would double and triple post a lot of times.

This 'hanging' was caused by the ratings system. We're getting errors and cannot figure out the source of whats causing these errors. This is the same software version as our other sites and yet this is the only site experiencing this issue.

Our programmer is in the process of working through these issues to get everything back up and running. You MAY experience slow load times or erratic behavior from time to time so bear with us for a bit as we try to figure out whats causing these errors.

Apologies for the inconvenience folks...

UPDATE 1: TapaTalk is causing the error so it has been disabled temporarily. The mobile site is just as fast an intuitive so please use that while on your mobile device.

UPDATE 2: Everything is working and there is peace in the world.........for now

Tapatalk is better than the web browser on a mobile device.

A lot of members are also complaining about the ads slowing down everything as well. Are you addressing that issue also? Curious minds want to know.
We have a new ad server that loads the page FIRST, then the ads, so there should be no slow down at all. Now I'd rather you not use an adblocker because it does help us pay for some of the bills, BUT if you don't want to do that install adblocker.

CK

I like to open multiple tabs on Firefox for multiple threads. But the ads - I suspect the videos - where slowing things down so much that my browser repeatedly froze. I installed adblocker specifically because of this happening on this site.

FYI.

Toro there shouldn't be any videos that play at all. That was fixed a while back. Is this recent? If yes I'll have Dan recheck that. He handles all the advertising

okey dokey.

But..maybe you should go back to the old format. Like some have mentioned and I hafta agree with....something is missing now. Not sure what. It's not the same board. Not the same vibe. No vibrancy any more. Many MIA. In short..it lost its edge.

Not complainin'. Just stating an opinion/emotion. For ME, it no longer really feels like "home" like it did before. And that kinda makes me sad.
My suggestion was to link the Thank/Agree/Funny/Informative buttons to a user's profile page where you can leave a comment. As soon as you click it, it registers and then open's that person's profile page. That's what I miss most. It was a communication tool. That kind of communication ability has been lost and I think it's changed the atmosphere of this place.

It just doesn't feel the same to me any more. Maybe its me. Maybe not. I dunno.

I think I will wander around for awhile. Ain't slamming the door...just moseying into the blue yonder for a spell. Again, no. I ain't leaving. Just...moseying.

This is the best board anywhere just like it is....no place else allows folks to fully engage when they do battle without the mods intervening. I been banned from the best of them because most sites have leftist mods who are vindictive....here you can give them the what-for when they venture into a thread as a poster, instead of a cop. We better promote and protect this site because the rest of them are crap and there's no place else to go. And if you don't care for battle, there are plenty of rooms you can talk about everything from music to motorcycles.

I think I will wander around for awhile. Ain't slamming the door...just moseying into the blue yonder for a spell. Again, no. I ain't leaving. Just...moseying.
I just tried to leave a message on your profile page but you have that feature disabled. :slap:

Not the same vibe. No vibrancy any more. Many MIA. In short..it lost its edge.

i think the problem lies in the ignore and word censor function, too many people have many others on ignore, therefore the "vibrancy" thingy.

disable the ignore and word censor function and this forum will return to it's once great self..,one other thing the censoring of words.., WHY, everyone has heard read or spoke them at one time or another.

OK ?

i would like to have the forum return to the old format of "FREE SPEECH", nothing was censored, and we could disagree without having to type out what one thinks about the other person line of B.S., the icon could just be a smily like this one: :dev3:

regards,
Wildman

I just tried to leave a message on your profile page but you have that feature disabled. :slap:
I have it disabled on my profile, yes. But not in pm. :)

Haven't tried with today's fix, but I'd tried disabling all images before and it didn't speed things up, actually slowed em down a tad. Test performance later. Expect to be up late tonight on tornado watch. Hard to sleep when things that might kill you are nearby :)
Damn, I'd never sleep if that were the case.

Not the same vibe. No vibrancy any more. Many MIA. In short..it lost its edge.

i think the problem lies in the ignore and word censor function, too many people have many others on ignore, therefore the "vibrancy" thingy.

disable the ignore and word censor function and this forum will return to it's once great self..,one other thing the censoring of words.., WHY, everyone has heard read or spoke them at one time or another.

OK ?
Only pussies use the ignore feature.

It is a waste.

If one does not have the self-discipline to ignore those that offend them, they should be watching old Mr. Rogers reruns.

cereal_killer

My suggestion was to link the Thank/Agree/Funny/Informative buttons to a user's profile page where you can leave a comment. As soon as you click it, it registers and then open's that person's profile page. That's what I miss most. It was a communication tool. That kind of communication ability has been lost and I think it's changed the atmosphere of this place.

YES! A thousands times YES!

I have a weird issue, I don't know if anyone else experiences it but the online/offline banner under the avatar blocks the user name and splits it up to two lines. Maybe just a red and green button would suffice? And lately all of the stuff under the avatar is blocked with a big blank box.

I'm using Firefox on Linux and tried different zoom levels.

i would like to have the forum return to the old format of "FREE SPEECH" nothing was censored, and we could disagree without having to type out what one thinks about the other person line of B.S., the icon could just be a smily like this one: :dev3:

regards,
Wildman
I think you meant "TROLL SPEECH"

It just doesn't feel the same to me any more.
Actually, I like it better.

cereal_killer
The only thing I miss is the search function within the thread. In the old version you could search just the thread you were in instead of the entire board.
Still can:

Screen Shot 2015-04-09 at 11.03.55 AM.png

cereal_killer

YES! A thousands times YES!
Yeah people would love to be taken off the thread to the persons Profile Page EVERYTIME they rated a members posts. People would just love a feature like that.

Click on the persons username and choose to hit their Profile Page from the pop-up.

Forum List

Back