What's Up With The Site??...

Status
Not open for further replies.

paulitician

Platinum Member
Oct 7, 2011
Not to be a whiner, but what's going on with the site? Seems like those who run it have lost interest. Doesn't look like the effort is there anymore. Used to hand out awards and stuff like that. And now it seems real buggy too. It may have something to do with the video ads. But i'm not sure. The site kinda lost its positive energetic vibe. Seems to be flatlining. Anyone else feel the same way?

Not to be a whiner, but what's going on with the site? Seems like those who run it have lost interest. Doesn't look like the effort is there anymore. Used to hand out awards and stuff like that. And now it seems real buggy too. It may have something to do with the video ads. But i'm not sure. The site kinda lost its positive energetic vibe. Seems to be flatlining. Anyone else feel the same way?
no one knows.....where i worked they would have standup's to let us know if something is changing or going on.....here?....

no one knows.....where i worked they would have standup's to let us know if something is changing or going on.....here?....

Yeah, definitely lost its edge. You don't feel the energy anymore. And it has gotten real buggy. I think it's the video ads. But it seems to be dropping a lot of adware stuff too. I'm not a computer geek though. But when i come to this site, my computer tends to slow down quite a bit. Just seeing if anyone else has noticed. Thanks for the reply.

Better not go under. I can think of several individuals here that will likely slit their wrists without their 24/7 trolling the board fix.

Better not go under. I can think of several individuals here that will likely slit their wrists without their 24/7 trolling the board fix.

Gotta admit, i would be bummed. But yeah, it's lost the energetic vibe. It's like those who run it just lost interest. And they really do need to get rid of the video ads and all the adware. It wreaks havoc on computers.

Kinda making it tough to wanna come here. Computer slows to a crawl from all the adware. It happens when i come to this site. I hope they do figure it out. I love the site. Been coming here for awhile. I guess we'll see though.

Yeah, definitely lost its edge. You don't feel the energy anymore. And it has gotten real buggy. I think it's the video ads. But it seems to be dropping a lot of adware stuff too. I'm not a computer geek though. But when i come to this site, my computer tends to slow down quite a bit. Just seeing if anyone else has noticed. Thanks for the reply.
I had to install "Adblocker Plus" on my computer to keep from seeing all of those damn ads. Now I don't see them. Download Adblocker Plus and you wont see anymore ads.

what I cant figure out is I logged in today and i cant find where you click on the three likes on the right hand corner they have? the agree,the informative and the thanks likes.

I had to install "Adblocker Plus" on my computer to keep from seeing all of those damn ads. Now I don't see them. Download Adblocker Plus and you wont see anymore ads.

Hey thanks. I'll give it a shot. Yeah, the site is dropping a hefty amount of adware. I think it's mostly the video ads that slow things to a crawl. They need to address that. Thanks again.

what I cant figure out is I logged in today and i cant find where you click on the three likes on the right hand corner they have? the agree,the informative and the thanks likes.

Seems to be another unnecessary change for the worse. Those who run the site just don't seem to be into it anymore. Lost interest i guess.

Hey thanks. I'll give it a shot. Yeah, the site is dropping a hefty amount of adware. I think it's mostly the video ads that slow things to a crawl. They need to address that. Thanks again.
You're welcome. Pass the info around so others can download it and help them enjoy the site better. I enjoy the site a lot more without seeing those damn ads.

You're welcome. Pass the info around so others can download it and help them enjoy the site better. I enjoy the site a lot more without seeing those damn ads.

Yeah my computer is going into major slow-down mode right now. It's this site. It happens when i come here. Kinda a bummer, cause i really enjoy coming here. Hopefully they'll address the issue. Anyway, thanks again for the info.

Since April of 2012, the place has gone steadily down hill.

Yeah my computer is going into major slow-down mode right now. It's this site. It happens when i come here. Kinda a bummer, cause i really enjoy coming here. Hopefully they'll address the issue. Anyway, thanks again for the info.
You're welcome. Adblocker Plus works on all sites. Make sure that it's enabled by clicking on "Tools" at the top right corner of you browser page, then look for it, then check to see if it's enabled. If you need help, just let me know.

You're welcome. Adblocker Plus works on all sites. Make sure that it's enabled by clicking on "Tools" at the top right corner of you browser page, then look for it, then check to see if it's enabled. If you need help, just let me know.
Oh, once you click on "Tools", you click on "Manage add-ons".

I use BluHell firewall for Firefox. It stops the ads and the scripts that send your info all over hell and bog you down. The site has improved 10 fold as far as speed goes, since then.

It's dying.

Oh man, this site is wreaking havoc on my computer. Just scanned, it's dropped almost 100 items of adware on me so far. In total slow-down crash-mode now. Makin it pretty unpleasant coming here. Come on USMB, gotta address the issue. :(

Seems to be another unnecessary change for the worse. Those who run the site just don't seem to be into it anymore. Lost interest i guess.
yeah the only change they ever made here at this site that WAS necessary was getting rid of the neg rep thing.that was childish.that had to go.

best thing they ever changed bar none.:thup:

I had trolls neg repping me all the time just for thread titles about 9/11 being an inside job with nothing but name calling not even talking about the facts in them. Jillian being the ring leader.

that was long over due,far too many trolls here abused it.dawgshit,Jillian,the paid shills in the Israel section,ect,ect.

Oh man, this site is wreaking havoc on my computer. Just scanned, it's dropped almost 100 items of adware on me so far. In total slow-down crash-mode now. Makin it pretty unpleasant coming here. Come on USMB, gotta address the issue. :(
Download CCleaner and run it about once a day. It'll even clean the registry for you.
CCleaner - Download

Download the free version. It'll automatically let you know when a new version or update is available. It'll place an icon on your desktop screen. Just click on it and run it at least once day. It only takes it about 1 to 2 minutes to run.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back