Thank you, President Obama!

He took over an unemployment rate of less than 8 percent and claimed that it would never go over eight. It has been averaging 9 percent his entire presidency. I can see the cause for celebration.

Really. Obama claimed unemployment would never go over 8%.

Where did he say it? When did he say it? What words did he use?
Barack Obama's Stimulus Plan: Failing by Its Own Measure - TIME

Did you accept that ACORN was exsonerated?

can you tell me why the broker rules in GLBact were held up for 8 years?

Brokers sell securities.

with the banks allowed to now sell securities without any broker rules they could hire whomever thgey wanted and train them however they wanted.

they trained them well enough to sell the sub prime laden securities but not well enough to know they were selling shit.

The banks made mountains of money until the bubble burst.

then Bush bailed them out with no strings attached.

we got screwed coming and going.

and you idiots appaulded it

Fannie and Freddie were the binary blackholes at the center of the collapse sucking much of the mortgage market into the AAA rating event horizon

only right woing partisan hacks cling to that stupidity.

tell us everything you know about the broker rules in GLBact?

SEC Votes for Final Rules Defining How Banks Can Be Securities Brokers
Eight Years After Passage of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act, Key Provisions Will Now Be Implemented
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
2007-190
Washington, D.C., Sept. 19, 2007 - Ending eight years of stalled negotiations and impasse, the Commission today voted to adopt, jointly with the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (Board), new rules that will finally implement the bank broker provisions of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act of 1999. The Board will consider these final rules at its Sept. 24, 2007 meeting. The Commission and the Board consulted with and sought the concurrence of the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, and Office of Thrift Supervision.

can you tell us why the took 8 years to impliment the full bill?

Really. Obama claimed unemployment would never go over 8%.

Where did he say it? When did he say it? What words did he use?
Barack Obama's Stimulus Plan: Failing by Its Own Measure - TIME

You are kidding , right???

Judicial Watch Releases Special Report: "The Rebranding of ACORN"

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...s-special-report-the-rebranding-of-acorn.html

Brokers sell securities.

with the banks allowed to now sell securities without any broker rules they could hire whomever thgey wanted and train them however they wanted.

they trained them well enough to sell the sub prime laden securities but not well enough to know they were selling shit.

Fannie and Freddie were the binary blackholes at the center of the collapse sucking much of the mortgage market into the AAA rating event horizon

tell us everything you know about the wingspan of the acrocercops pnosmodiella?

No one will answer my questions about the acrocercops pnosmodiella!

*stomps foot*

You are kidding , right???

Judicial Watch Releases Special Report: "The Rebranding of ACORN"

http://www.usmessageboard.com/polit...s-special-report-the-rebranding-of-acorn.html

Judicial Watch - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Funding

Between 1997 and 2002 Judicial Watch received $7,069,500 (unadjusted for inflation) in 19 grants from a handful of foundations. The bulk of this funding came from just three foundations – the Sarah Scaife Foundation, The Carthage Foundation, both managed by Richard Mellon Scaife, and the John M. Olin Foundation, Inc

LOL, some of you people are just priceless.

Finally some good economic news, and you just have to find a way to shit all over it.

Well, you're definitely consistent, at least.

why are you all playing stupid games instead of answering about why the SEC under Bush refused to impliment the broker rules in GLBact for 8 long years?

Brokers sell securities.

tell us everything you know about the wingspan of the acrocercops pnosmodiella?

No one will answer my questions about the acrocercops pnosmodiella!

*stomps foot*

You come into my store and you break something, you pay for it. :) No Government ID is going to protect you from your own actions. :D HUD abused it's Authority, Fannie and Freddie did act and are still acting incompetently. Deal with it.

Richard Mellon Scaife - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Support for Richard Nixon

Scaife gained notoriety for making an end-run around weak campaign finance laws to donate US$990,000 to the 1972 re-election campaign of U.S. President Richard Nixon. Scaife was not charged with a crime, but about $45,000 went to a fund linked to the Watergate scandal. Scaife later said he was repulsed by the scandal and refused to speak with Nixon after 1973. Following Duggan's suicide and then Watergate, Scaife shifted his political giving from politicians' campaigns to anti-communist research groups, legal defense funds, and publications.[16

broker rules , broker rules , broker rules , broker rules.

I bet you people dont evern understand what happened

LOL, some of you people are just priceless.

Finally some good economic news, and you just have to find a way to shit all over it.

Well, you're definitely consistent, at least.

Every Resource is playing with a stacked deck. If you want to buy into it, Sparky, go for it. 3 Years of shit, and you want to bullshit yourself with a week of manipulated head lines, go for it. Stupid is as stupid does. Just don't include me.

broker rules , broker rules , broker rules , broker rules.

I bet you people dont evern understand what happened

TDM, you are the last place I would look to for truth or relevance, nothing personal, you are just too bought and paid for.

WARNING!!!

Anyone who claims these unemployment figures are false is a counter-revolutionary and enemy of the people; i.e., a domestic terrorist.

As was announced earlier this week by Dear Leader, the Regime has the right to exercise executive power and assassinate any terrorist - citizen or not, or US soil or not - without trial, indictment or formal charges.

REPORT SUSPECTED COUNTER-REVOLUTIONARIES TO THE DEPT. OF HOMELAND SECURITY

He took over an unemployment rate of less than 8 percent and claimed that it would never go over eight. It has been averaging 9 percent his entire presidency. I can see the cause for celebration.

LOL...just hang loose and remember that campaign strategies don't just work for the Republicans. The Republicans are generally smarter but don't hang your hat on a bunch of "DO NOTHING" assholes like we are witnessing going to bat for nobody except the richest 1% in this country.

https://litigation-essentials.lexis...cid=3B15&key=21ed0cfb07fef53f49eecfbee29697bd

Copyright (c) 2006 The Trustees of Boston University
Annual Review of Banking & Financial Law

ARTICLE: BANKS AND THE SEC: A REGULATORY MISMATCH?

25 Ann. Rev. Banking & Fin. L. 443

Author

EUGENE F. MALONEY*

Excerpt

The regulation of bank securities activities historically has been one of the most quirky and unsettled areas of the law. As of this writing, it remains so.

For decades, the Securities and Exchange Commission ("SEC" or "the Agency") has been unsuccessful in its efforts to regulate banks engaged in the securities business even after the historic enactment of the "functional regulation" provisions in the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act ("GLBA"), which granted it express authority for this purpose by repealing the blanket bank exemption from broker registration. 1 The SEC's most recent attempt to regulate banks in proposed Regulation B 2 encountered fierce opposition from the banking industry as well as from federal banking regulators and members of Congress, 3 virtually stopping the SEC in its tracks.

The SEC's seeming inability to implement the law as it applies to banks raises fundamental questions as to whether the SEC has a legitimate role to play in the regulation of bank securities activities or whether Congress has created a regulatory mismatch between banks and the SEC so unworkable that the law can never be effectively implemented.

This article argues that the SEC does have a legitimate and important role to play and that any regulatory mismatch is a logical outcome of the GLBA that can be managed to ultimately benefit banks and their customers while furthering the investor protection purposes of the securities laws. Rather than continuing to resist the SEC as the functional regulator of bank securities activities, banks and their ...

Last edited:
Every Resource is playing with a stacked deck. If you want to buy into it, Sparky, go for it. 3 Years of shit, and you want to bullshit yourself with a week of manipulated head lines, go for it. Stupid is as stupid does. Just don't include me.

Whatever.

There's such a larger percentage of the eligible age of the population that's in the job pool right now that the numbers presented against this data is a complete joke.

Let me ask you all this:

How many of the people who are "No longer looking for work" in the job pool are retirees?
How many are now students?
How many are people choosing to stay home to take care of their kids, like they were 30-40 years ago?

Forum List

Back