Thank you FDR

I wonder if anti-FDR posters really think they are going to change America's image of FDR? And I wonder why it is so important that they feel they must change the image?
The people that lived and voted in the FDR era believed FDR was the best, and voted for him four times in a row. The historians that have rated presidents rated FDR the best president in our history, so all the anti's have is trying to find something that connects with America today, and so far many think Trump might be that answer. When the next president leaves office after Obama, FDR will still be rated number one, top of the heap, the best.
They want to do away with his New Deal.

https://nypost.com/2018/06/19/george-takei-trump-border-policy-worse-than-japanese-internment-camps/
FDR was a communist who brought us 16 years of Depression and a world war.Worst president in American history by a factor of 10 so not surprising that he would be the greatest libcommie hero of all time.
You're gulping that Kool Aid.

1. Roosevelt offered up the lives of everyone in Eastern Europe to his lord and master, Joseph 'Koba' Stalin

2. He made certain that Stalin's plans continued after his death: the creation of the United Nations

3. He extended the Depression by years.

4. He disposed of the Constitution

5. He imposed Mussolini's Fascist policies and called it 'the New Deal'

6. He turned over command of our military actions in WWII to Stalin, and cost multiple thousands of US soldiers' deaths.

7. He made certain that communism survived the war, and thrived afterwards.

8. Without his efforts, there would be no Red China, no Korean War, and no Vietnamese War

FDR one of he worst Presidents ever, adored by Communists and Starkeys and I'm not sure there's a difference

I wonder if anti-FDR posters really think they are going to change America's image of FDR? And I wonder why it is so important that they feel they must change the image?
The people that lived and voted in the FDR era believed FDR was the best, and voted for him four times in a row. The historians that have rated presidents rated FDR the best president in our history, so all the anti's have is trying to find something that connects with America today, and so far many think Trump might be that answer. When the next president leaves office after Obama, FDR will still be rated number one, top of the heap, the best.

https://nypost.com/2018/06/19/george-takei-trump-border-policy-worse-than-japanese-internment-camps/
FDR was a communist who brought us 16 years of Depression and a world war.Worst president in American history by a factor of 10 so not surprising that he would be the greatest libcommie hero of all time.

1. Roosevelt offered up the lives of everyone in Eastern Europe to his lord and master, Joseph 'Koba' Stalin

2. He made certain that Stalin's plans continued after his death: the creation of the United Nations

6. He turned over command of our military actions in WWII to Stalin, and cost multiple thousands of US soldiers' deaths.

8. Without his efforts, there would be no Red China, no Korean War, and no Vietnamese War

FDR one of he worst Presidents ever, adored by Communists and Starkeys and I'm not sure there's a difference

He is arguably the 3rd best POTUS in US history

Presidents ranked from worst to best

This must bother you. Good.

I wanted to see what kind of tool is throwing around the commy label and so I looked up some of the threads you've started. YOu are a right wing nut job troll. You hit every check box.

Denying global warming still, you're a racist, you have a hard on for guns, you talk about soros and you believe a fairytale called Christianity.

I only looked at a couple pages. Dude, you aren't even worth talking to. I will just read your garbage and laugh.

I wanted to see what kind of tool is throwing around the commy label and so I looked up some of the threads you've started. YOu are a right wing nut job troll. You hit every check box.

Denying global warming still, you're a racist, you have a hard on for guns, you talk about soros and you believe a fairytale called Christianity.

I only looked at a couple pages. Dude, you aren't even worth talking to. I will just read your garbage and laugh.

Sure, Jake

"Denying" Global Warming makes me a racist. Sureeeeeeee

Sounds like AGW is a cult, scientist don't call others "Deniers!" Only Mootbat Cultists use that word and "Consensus"

^ Pretending they don't run 24 other accounts at USMB and had to "look up" my posts

Priceless

The rich called him a traitor to his class because he really looked out for working class Americans.

Nay, nay, you dolt.....FDR hated successful business men because he was such an abject failure at that endeavor.

Franklin Roosevelt had a visceral animosity toward businessmen, entrepreneurs, successful capitalists. And he had a way with words, in describing them. "unscrupulous money changers..." the greed and shortsightedness of bankers and businessmen," "..rulers of the exchange of mankind's goods have failed through their own stubbornness and their own incompetence" "we apply social values more noble than mere monetary profit." "there must be an end to a conduct in banking and in business which too often has given to a sacred trust the likeness of callous and selfish wrongdoing."

"He never learned how business worked, or how to earn money. His mother Sara reported: "Money was never discussed at home....All his books and toys were provided for him. We never subjected the boy to a lot of don'ts." "BEFORE THE TRUMPET: Young Franklin Roosevelt, 1882-1905," by Geoffrey C. Ward, p.125-126

a. Then again...how could they teach him about finance, after all, his father, James, inherited his fortune...and almost lost it by way of poor investments. His mother's father, Warren Delano, made his money selling opium illegally to Chinese addicts. When he retired to legitimate business, he didn't do much better than Franklin's father. Delano went back to the Opium trade, which is why Sara spent early years in China. Ward, Op. Cit., p. 71.

Based on the hagiography, one can't help but be surprised at how mediocre young Franklin was at just about everything.

b. Not the only rejection, but a significant one, was his attempt to join Porcellian, the oldest and most elite social club at Harvard. Theodore Roosevelt and other members of the Roosevelt family belonged to the club, but Franklin D. Roosevelt, who was president of the Harvard Crimson, never managed to be elected a member. At some time, in his late thirties, he told his relative Sheffield Cowles that this had been "the greatest disappointment in his life". Frances Richardson Keller, Fictions of U. S. History : A Theory & Four Illustrations, p. 116.

Porcellian members were future entrepreneurs, businessmen, bankers, and corporate lawyers.
And they had rejected Franklin Roosevelt.

Will there ever.....EVER....come a day when you post only about subject you are actually informed on?????

Or....would that leave you mute?

Translation; I’m a typical liberal without the IQ for a substantive response.
...we all agree bush brought us the Great Recession in 2007

No, we don’t.
I only count round eyes boy.

Who are you kidding? You can’t count at all, dipshit.

He is arguably the 3rd best POTUS in US history

Presidents ranked from worst to best

This must bother you. Good.

Do you know what "arguably" means?

Do you know what 'the blind leading the blind' means?

That scumbag SOB fdr was by far the worst President in US history.
Or the best. If you care more about Jap Ams during WW2 than you do social security and medicare maybe but chances are most Americans care about those things not Jap Ams.

Fdr was so bad he was re elected 3 Times.

So were a lot of dictators.
Not legitimately. .....

Like the scumbag fdr.

We all know how certain board members have a hilarious hatred against FDR, but let's look at what one of the greatest presidents this nation has ever had did for the people:
Interesting facts about FDR in general: Home - FDR Presidential Library & Museum
The List:
- The FDIC
- The CWA
- The NIRA
- Abolishing prohibition.
- The "first 100 days" program to grant relief to tens of millions.
- Created the TVA, continued FERA, don't forget the CCC.
- The NLRA and the AAA.
- Established social security and the SEC.
- Drastically decreased unemployment.
- The good neighbor policy
- He Supported the case for intervention in WWII through the Destroyers for Bases Agreement and Lend-Lease Act supplying ships and armament to the Allied forces.
- Led the US into world war 2 to help crush the fascist dogs.
- Endorsed the creation of the UN.
- The FSA
- He added millions of acres to America's national forests, national parks, and wildlife refuges.
- He was elected four times for a reason ;)
- During FDR's presidency, women were appointed to positions that were unprecedented in terms of both number of appointments as well as rank in the United States government.
What FDR was handed:
By the time that FDR was inaugurated president on March 4, 1933, the banking system had collapsed, nearly 25% of the labor force was unemployed, and prices and productivity had fallen to 1/3 of their 1929 levels. Reduced prices and reduced output resulted in lower incomes in wages, rents, dividends, and profits throughout the economy. Factories were shut down, farms and homes were lost to foreclosure, mills and mines were abandoned, and people went hungry. The resulting lower incomes meant the further inability of the people to spend or to save their way out of the crisis, thus perpetuating the economic slowdown in a seemingly never-ending cycle.
At the height of the Depression in 1933, 24.9% of the total work force or 12,830,000 people was unemployed. Although farmers technically were not counted among the unemployed, drastic drops in farm commodity prices resulted in farmers losing their lands and homes to foreclosure.
The displacement of the American work force and farming communities caused families to split up or to migrate from their homes in search of work. "Hoovervilles," or shantytowns built of packing crates, abandoned cars, and other scraps, sprung up across the nation. Residents of the Great Plains area, where the effects of the Depression were intensified by drought and dust storms, simply abandoned their farms and headed for California in hopes of finding the "land of milk and honey." Gangs of unemployed youth, whose families could no longer support them, rode the rails as hobos in search of work. America 's unemployed citizens were on the move, but there was no place to go that offered relief from the Great Depression.
Various "extras"
AAA , Agricultural Adjustment Administration, 1933

BCLB , Bituminous Coal Labor Board, 1935

CAA , Civil Aeronautics Authority, 1938

CCC , Civilian Conservation Corps, 1933

CCC , Commodity Credit Corporation, 1933

CWA , Civil Works Administration, 1933

FCA , Farm Credit Administration, 1933

FCC , Federal Communications Commission, 1934

FCIC , Federal Crop Insurance Corporation, 1938

FDIC , Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation, 1933

FERA , Federal Emergency Relief Agency, 1933

FFMC , Federal Farm Mortgage Corporation, 1934

FHA , Federal Housing Administration, 1934

FLA, Federal Loan Agency, 1939

FSA , Farm Security Administration, 1937

FSA , Federal Security Agency, 1939

FWA , Federal Works Agency, 1939

HOLC , Home Owners Loan Corporation, 1933

MLB , Maritime Labor Board, 1938

NBCC , National Bituminous Coal Commission, 1935

NLB , National Labor Board, 1933

NLRB , National Labor Relations Board, 1935

NRAB , National Railroad Adjustment Board, 1934

NRA , National Recovery Administration, 1933

NRB , National Resources Board, 1934

NRC , National Resources Committee, 1935

NRPB , National Resources Planning Board, 1939

NYA , National Youth Administration, 1935

PWA , Public Works Administration, 1933

RA , Resettlement Administration, 1935

REA , Rural Electrification Administration, 1935

RFC , Reconstruction Finance Corporation, 1932

RRB , Railroad Retirement Board, 1935

SCS , Soil Conservation Service, 1935

SEC , Securities and Exchange Commission, 1934

SSB , Social Security Board, 1935

TNEC, Temporary National Economic Committee, 1938

TVA, Tennessee Valley Authority, 1933

USEP, United States Employment Service, 1933

USHA, United States Housing Authority, 1937

USMC, United States Maritime Commission, 1936

WPA, Works Progress Administration, 1935

WPA, Name changed to Works Projects Administration, 1939
Well, I see what your problem is.

You think that the President is supposed to do things for people.

Or the best. If you care more about Jap Ams during WW2 than you do social security and medicare maybe but chances are most Americans care about those things not Jap Ams.

Plllleeeeeeeezzzzz!!!

Read a book!!!!

The internment of 110,000 Japanese seems to have been largely political. Earl Warren of California was sensitive to his constituents resenting the large success of the Japanese in agriculture. And, interned, they couldn’t vote against FDR, and he did pick up three House seats…and after the election he began to move for the release of the Japanese.

Plllleeeeeeeezzzzz!!!

Read a book!!!!

The internment of 110,000 Japanese seems to have been largely political. Earl Warren of California was sensitive to his constituents resenting the large success of the Japanese in agriculture. And, interned, they couldn’t vote against FDR, and he did pick up three House seats…and after the election he began to move for the release of the Japanese.
Revisionist history.

Plllleeeeeeeezzzzz!!!

Read a book!!!!

Revisionist history.

Whatever gives you the gall to even use the word 'history'????

How about you name the Japanese Americans that Roosevelt found to be spies?????

You know less than nothing about history.....you're expertise appears to be licking the boots of wannabe-dictator FDR.

Fdr was so bad he was re elected 3 Times.

So were a lot of dictators.
Not legitimately. .....

Like the scumbag fdr.
Anyways, I love it that Trump is making illegal immigration look less appealing than it has been in the past. We want people to not want to even attempt it. So I hope Mexicans are hearing what we are doing to their little Jesus and Jorge's and Maria's.

There had not yet been a period of time since FDR was President that he has not been rated one of the top and best Presidents in all of American history. The people of his era reelected him over and over until he finally died in office. No other President of the 20th Century built more infrastructure than FDR. Only Eisenhower and Interstate Highway System comes close, and it was an original idea and concept of FDR.

Plllleeeeeeeezzzzz!!!

Read a book!!!!

Revisionist history.

You know less than nothing about history.....you're expertise appears to be licking the boots of wannabe-dictator FDR.

Who knew when Trump was chanting "lock them up" he meant little brown kids.

Plllleeeeeeeezzzzz!!!

Read a book!!!!

Revisionist history.

Though President Ford issued a formal apology to the internees in 1976, saying their incarceration was a “setback to fundamental American principles,” and Congress authorized the payment of reparations in 1988, the episode remains, for many, a living memory. Now, with immigration-reform proposals targeting entire groups as suspect, it resonates as a painful historical lesson.

Fuck that. If they took reparations they lost the right to complain.

Significantly, the incarceration program got underway despite a warning; in January 1942, a naval intelligence officer in Los Angeles reported that Japanese-Americans were being perceived as a threat almost entirely “because of the physical characteristics of the people.” Fewer than 3 percent of them might be inclined toward sabotage or spying (SAME GOES FOR ALL THE MUSLIMS TRUMP HAS BANNED FROM MUSLIM COUNTRIES. ONLY 3% will come in and terrorize us)

Sound familiar?

Did FDR lock up Jap Ams that were born here? I don't think he did. I think he locked up immigrants. Don't say their kids were born here those are what Republicans call anchor babies.

I found that Sixty-two percent of the internees were United States citizens.. But if they were not born here that's not the same as being an American born citizen. I bet none of the Jap Ams interned were born in America and I am not counting their anchor babies.

Forum List

Back