Thank God It's Not Torture!

That was disgusting. The lady was being cared for because she had dementia?

Waterboarding is supposed to be reserved for terrorists. She hardly qualifies. Those responsible should be fired.

Everything I have learned from the subject matter experts on this board is that water boarding is no big deal.

Kind of like getting water up your nose

Police: 2 Georgia Caregivers Waterboard 89-Year-Old Woman

Police: 2 Georgia Caregivers Waterboard 89-Year-Old Woman « CBS Atlanta

It only causes momentary discomfort.

She will get over it

This is where the moral conundrum comes in. (Actually, it's a question of moral consistency)

People will be outraged by what happened to this woman, of course. I understand that because I'm outraged by it. But the question is whether or not it's torture. If we consider it to be torture to do this to an old woman, how is it not torture to do it to anyone?

Either it's torture, or it isn't torture. People should pick one or the other and be consistent in their moral judgement about it, regardless of who it's directed against. However, I have a feeling that conservatives will be guilty of that which they claim they hate. Namely, moral relativism.

Police: 2 Georgia Caregivers Waterboard 89-Year-Old Woman

Police: 2 Georgia Caregivers Waterboard 89-Year-Old Woman « CBS Atlanta

It only causes momentary discomfort.

She will get over it

This is where the moral conundrum comes in. (Actually, it's a question of moral consistency)

People will be outraged by what happened to this woman, of course. I understand that because I'm outraged by it. But the question is whether or not it's torture. If we consider it to be torture to do this to an old woman, how is it not torture to do it to anyone?

Either it's torture, or it isn't torture. People should pick one or the other and be consistent in their moral judgement about it, regardless of who it's directed against. However, I have a feeling that conservatives will be guilty of that which they claim they hate. Namely, moral relativism.

It is torture if someone does it to us

Enhanced interrogation if we do it to someone else

Forum List

Back