Texas Threatens Jail for International Election Observers

I say welcome, come on in. Observe peaceful democracy in action. We are proud of our voting history. We are passionate about our right to do so. We are transparent in the application of the process. If any wrong doing is observed, we want to know about. The integrity of the US voting process must not be compromised.

We have a history of accepting the final vote in a peaceful manner. If the new practice is inviting international observers...so be it. Only underlines the resolve with which we honor the process.

Let everyboyd come watch our peaceful democracy in action.

If ever the TP wanted to see if illegal immigrant voting was going on, here is their opportunity.

I say welcome, come on in. Observe peaceful democracy in action. We are proud of our voting history. We are passionate about our right to do so. We are transparent in the application of the process. If any wrong doing is observed, we want to know about. The integrity of the US voting process must not be compromised.

We have a history of accepting the final vote in a peaceful manner. If the new practice is inviting international observers...so be it. Only underlines the resolve with which we honor the process.

I do not agree. Our elections are state run and the UN is an agency many people do not respect for various reasons.

Foreign observers in some states only? Hmmm I and others see partisan politics pushed by groups from the left. Why such selective "observing"? They have no authority in our elections anyhow.

Many people don't have a voice here. If it was good enough for us to request they go into Iraq, its good enough for us.

I don't agree with the selective participation. It is all or nothing.

You are correct, they have no authority. Thus they are called observers.

Why are the far right of my party or the far left of the other party always whining about observation when they are always complaining about somehow, somewhere, someone is suppressing the vote of their side?

Cuts both ways, you freaks from both sides. And federal law on these matters trump state law.

Someone quote me the statute to support AG Abbott's opinion, please, because any officer who arrests such a passive observer will be subject to charges of official intimidation.

by Owen

You have to love Texas sometimes.

Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott further fueled the controversy on Tuesday when he sent a letter to the OSCE warning the organization that its representatives “are not authorized by Texas law to enter a polling place” and that it “may be a criminal offense for OSCE’s representatives to maintain a presence within 100 feet of a polling place’s entrance.”

{extended} Texas sparks international row with election observers - The Hill's Global Affairs

There is also another state - can't remember which - that is threatening the same! :clap2:

Link, Jake? These people are not citizens, or voters. They have no business there.

Many people don't have a voice here. If it was good enough for us to request they go into Iraq, its good enough for us.

My issue is we have had problems at polling booths with left leaning radical groups and that is not even a factor for those who pushed to get the UN in on these elections.

Comparing our civil and long standing voting process to the newly freed Iraq is absurd. We do not need the UN to observe our state elections in a but a few states asked for by certain partisan groups.

If one has to explain to you why our country should not have one of its greatest freedoms, voting in a free election, observed by people from 3rd world oppressed countries....well you know...there is no hope and changy thing.

If you think elections in the US shouldn't be observed by impartial observers, you have a very uninformed view of American elections.

You want the United Nations to be able to "observe" elections they make no attempt tho hide their bias towards? Why don't we just invite Hugo Chavez, Vladimir Putin and Raul Castro to oversee the polls?

She argues " . . . we have had problems at polling booths with left leaning radical groups" but gives us no evidence of significance of the problem.

But say she is right: here is her right to get it on record and out to the word.

Why is she afraid?

My issue is we have had problems at polling booths with left leaning radical groups and that is not even a factor for those who pushed to get the UN in on these elections.

Comparing our civil and long standing voting process to the newly freed Iraq is absurd. We do not need the UN to observe our state elections in a but a few states asked for by certain partisan groups.

Both parties have experienced polling disasters.

I do not think it is absurd for the USA to participate in practices it so eagerly enforces on other nations.

Honestly, it doesn't matter to me one way or the other. Just an interesting topic.

Both parties have experienced polling disasters.

I do not think it is absurd for the USA to participate in practices it so eagerly enforces on other nations.

Honestly, it doesn't matter to me one way or the other. Just an interesting topic.

Kiki, the UN has made many questionable decisions and nominations over the years and removing them completely from this country would suit me just fine. Seeing the UN anywhere near our state elections concerns me honestly. Seeing only a few states being selected makes the whole exercise rather transparent.

Dreamy can only share her feelings, not the evidence or the signficance of the situation.

No one cares about feelings.

Tell us why you are afraid, Dreamy.

If one has to explain to you why our country should not have one of its greatest freedoms, voting in a free election, observed by people from 3rd world oppressed countries....well you know...there is no hope and changy thing.

If you think elections in the US shouldn't be observed by impartial observers, you have a very uninformed view of American elections.

Impartial from the UN? Monitors from oppressed third world countries are impartial in what manner exactly? What do they know about this country or how our systems work?

if they don't know anything, how can they be anything but impartial?

all y'all get outraged about the strangest things.

Dreamy can only share her feelings, not the evidence or the signficance of the situation.

No one cares about feelings.

Tell us why you are afraid, Dreamy.

Afraid? Me? Is this some assumption on your part Jake?

I see no purpose nor reason for a questionable group of oppressed people under the UN's guidance being sent into a select few states at the request of some left leaning groups. Clearer?

Impartial from the UN? Monitors from oppressed third world countries are impartial in what manner exactly? What do they know about this country or how our systems work?

if they don't know anything, how can they be anything but impartial?

all y'all get outraged about the strangest things.

Outraged? Hmmmm I am discussing a topic. I do that a lot here. I never ever feel an emotion like "outrage" when I do.

I may be amused, interested, against, for, or perhaps even saddened but I can assure you Kiki that nothing that is posted here will every bring an emotion as strong as "outrage" to my being. lol

Last edited:
See, you are expressing your unsupported "feelings". That is paranoia.

Thanks for the reply.

Last edited:
See, you are expressing your unsupported "feelings". That is paranoi.

Thanks for the reply.

Um no. Let me help you dear Jake. I am posting my opinions on another topic on another thread, this one to be exact. Yikes! What a maverick I am here. :lol:

Forum List

Back