Test out the new USMB Skin - Feedback appreciated

Making that leap is about the same as me assuming you found it hard based on your description. Pot, meet kettle.

Bullshit. That "leap" is based on THE ENGLISH LANGUAGE.

Now, either you don't have full command of the language and you used the wrong tenses, or you have no idea of grammar, or.... who cares?

Look.

"If it rains, I get wet"

This implies, if it doesn't rain, I don't get wet.

"If it rains tomorrow, I will get wet"

This implies, if it doesn't rain tomorrow, i won't get wet tomorrow. It doesn't imply that if it rains today I will get wet today

"If it rained, I would get wet"

This implies that it's not raining now. I'm not getting wet now, because it's not raining now.

"If it had rained, I would have got wet"

This implies it didn't rain, and I didn't get wet.

You wrote "It shouldn't have been hard"

This is the same as the last sentence I wrote. It's third conditional. You're making the assumption that it was hard, but it shouldn't have been hard.

The assumption is written INTO THE GRAMMAR.

That you don't know this, doesn't mean it's not so.

There is no doubt that the membership pick of nicknames can be used as a basic Rorschach...

Ropey - 2:33

Which part is "hurting your eyes" ?

It's clean. I like it. But -- for folks that spend hours here before bedtime, you need to be aware of the "blue light" issue. White is not white on most monitors/devices -- its' very blue and amongst other problems -- it can wreck your sleep cycle.

I GUESS that's why you have brightness/control control of your device -- But the new skin is VERY bluish white. If there is a way to change that to "grey" it or subtly reduce the blue component -- I think you'll have calmer, more rested members. :dance:

Last edited:
I usually work behind the scenes on the hardware and software. We recently upgraded the site to the newest version of software and improved the speed of the site. Doing a new skin is usually a pretty rare thing and thus, why I'm here making sure things go smoothly.
Good job on the skin too, by the way. Its a keeper!

Working on a new skin. You can select it at the skin selector at the bottom of the page, via the User CP, or you can also select it by clicking this link: US Message Board 🦅 Political Discussion Forum

You can also click the 'Change Width' in the footer to set it to maximize the forum content up to 95% instead of being a fixed width. I prefer the non-fixed width version.

In addition, I'm going to set a maximum size on the signature. Right now I've got it set to 120 pixels max. If your signature is larger than that it will get clipped on the new skin. It will stay full size on the old skin.
I like the USMB Dark Skin a lot.

• Easier on the eyes
  • Uses slightly less energy (if you care about that)
  • Full avatars are shown (square instead of round)
  • More info shown in right panel including reaction score breakdown (likes, loves, hates, etc)
On the downside, compared to the default skin, when you scroll down the page, the alert icon

1703459824208.png
scrolls away. On the default skin, the alert icon stays up top on the screen while you scroll, which is preferable to me.

Thanks,
Jim

I like the USMB Dark Skin a lot.

• Easier on the eyes
  • Uses slightly less energy (if you care about that)
  • Full avatars are shown (square instead of round)
  • More info shown in right panel including reaction score breakdown (likes, loves, hates, etc)
On the downside, compared to the default skin, when you scroll down the page, the alert icon

View attachment 878257 scrolls away. On the default skin, the alert icon stays up top on the screen while you scroll, which is preferable to me.

Thanks,
Jim
We finally agree on something!:yes_text12:

We finally agree on something!:yes_text12:

We probably agree on more things than we disagree, but we both probably share the same trait that we like to discuss controversial issues. No nee to even discuss things like maintaining adequate nutrition and hydration, ha.

Thanks, Jim, and Merry Christmas to you and yours. Looking forward to more discussions in 2024, and it looks like there will be plenty of opportunity for those!

Jim

I like the Ryzer style best but I have some proposals for improvement:

• The scrollbar could be wider
  • The forum categories could be more visible on the main page
  • On the main page, the Members online box appears twice
  • Below the USMB Server Goals box, there should be a fund raiser box for Bleipriester

Forum List

Back