Test out the new USMB Skin - Feedback appreciated

elchorizo

Platinum Member
Staff member
Administrator
Jan 23, 2009
Working on a new skin. You can select it at the skin selector at the bottom of the page, via the User CP, or you can also select it by clicking this link: US Message Board 🦅 Political Discussion Forum

You can also click the 'Change Width' in the footer to set it to maximize the forum content up to 95% instead of being a fixed width. I prefer the non-fixed width version.

In addition, I'm going to set a maximum size on the signature. Right now I've got it set to 120 pixels max. If your signature is larger than that it will get clipped on the new skin. It will stay full size on the old skin.

Working on a new skin. You can select it at the skin selector at the bottom of the page, via the User CP, or you can also select it by clicking this link: US Message Board 🦅 Political Discussion Forum

You can also click the 'Change Width' in the footer to set it to maximize the forum content up to 95% instead of being a fixed width. I prefer the non-fixed width version.

In addition, I'm going to set a maximum size on the signature. Right now I've got it set to 120 pixels max. If your signature is larger than that it will get clipped on the new skin. It will stay full size on the old skin.
Tried it and prefer the old one; even after expanding the width, it’s too narrow.

Last edited:
  • Admin
Tried it and prefer the old one; even after expanding the width, it’s too narrow.

I figured I would get some feedback like that. I actually spent a lot of time squeezing more content onto the page on the new skin. Everything has reduced height... you'll do a lot less scrolling. Compare these two images. Same window... same page, same everything except the skin. Look how much further down on the page the content gets on the new skin vs. the old skin. I'm not understanding the "too narrow" part. Let me know what ya think.

Edit: Also, if you want it wider, as I mentioned in my first post click "Change Width" in the footer next to the style selector. It will go wider.

usmbnew1.jpgusmbnew2.jpg

Last edited:
I dont care for it.
You arent going to delete the old skin are you?

I dont care for it.
You arent going to delete the old skin are you?

We are not removing the old skin, you can use either skin at your leisure. In the future as upgrades happen we will try our best to update the old skin to support any new features. This however is not guaranteed. But we'll cross that bridge when we get to it. For now they both should be 100% functionally the same, with the exception that the new skin has the 120px height limitation on signatures and the old skin does not.

Forum List

Back