Test out the new USMB Skin - Feedback appreciated

I like it, but the background of new Alerts needs to be darker, so that I can tell which I have already read. Thanks
New alert background is blue. When you hover it, if it's new it'll turn red.

Read backgrounds on alerts are always a very light gray. You can't miss it anymore.

How do you know that?

Because I know how to run a database query?

Code:
SELECT style_id, COUNT(*) AS users FROM xf_user GROUP BY style_id;

style_id
0 = use system default
users	

New alert background is blue. When you hover it, if it's new it'll turn red.

Read backgrounds on alerts are always a very light gray. You can't miss it anymore.

Because I know how to run a database query?

Code:
SELECT style_id, COUNT(*) AS users FROM xf_user GROUP BY style_id;

style_id
0 = use system default
users   

Well I'm not tech savvy at all so I wasn't sure lol

I like it. Good use of .css to bring the red, white and blue motif home (I enjoy the red mouseovers). A more traditional message board GUI framework that seems to work better on mobile. I see you're bringing in better breadcrumb navigation. No complaints thus far. I like it. :113:

EDIT: I also notice your google site rankings tank whenever USMB updates skin. That's temporary.

I like it. Good use of .css to bring the red, white and blue motif home (I enjoy the red mouseovers). A more traditional message board GUI framework that seems to work better on mobile. I see you're bringing in better breadcrumb navigation. No complaints thus far. I like it. :113:

EDIT: I also notice your google site rankings tank whenever USMB updates skin. That's temporary.

What are you using to track the site rankings. I hadn't noticed them decreasing with skin change, so I'd love to learn more.

What are you using to track the site rankings. I hadn't noticed them decreasing with skin change, so I'd love to learn more.
I'm using experience. On my mobile, it's now like 23rd when it used to be #1. Again, that's temporary. Google constantly clears cache, but when you do an overlay that can mess with SEO core attributes of the site (whether you know it or not), you'll drop in ranking. But don't worry. It's temporary.

I'm using experience. On my mobile, it's now like 23rd when it used to be #1. Again, that's temporary. Google constantly clears cache, but when you do an overlay that can mess with SEO core attributes of the site (whether you know it or not), you'll drop in ranking. But don't worry. It's temporary.
What are you using for your search keyword(s)?

Personally, I wish the background was just a tad darker. Stark white and very light blue pretty much sucks for old eyes and the majority of your members are "git off my lawn, whippersnappers" sorta folks.

So far, I like the site. It is intuitive to post and seems to be a significant improvement over the old skin. Thank you!

Personally, I wish the background was just a tad darker. Stark white and very light blue pretty much sucks for old eyes and the majority of your members are "git off my lawn, whippersnappers" sorta folks.

The new skin is significantly darker than the old skin. The old skin has much more white backgrounds with black text. The new skin uses more gray backgrounds with black text. Comparatively, it should be more dark.

The new skin is significantly darker than the old skin. The old skin has much more white backgrounds with black text. The new skin uses more gray backgrounds with black text. Comparatively, it should be more dark.
Not really. But...whatever.

Home page doesn't load content when not logged in...

Screen Shot 13.jpg

I can log in, though.

After I log in, the page content loads normally.

When I log back out, the error returns and page content no longer renders.

Last edited:
Yep

"It shouldn't have been hard"
You used the present perfect, basically the past tense. You're saying it was hard. It shouldn't have been, but it was....

Making that leap is about the same as me assuming you found it hard based on your description. Pot, meet kettle.

Forum List

Back