Tesla is now most valuable auto maker in US

Tesla just became the most valuable carmaker in America

Some people are dragged into the future and some people drag all of humanity forward. Elon Musk has a gigantic rope and is pulling the world into the 22nd century.

Tesla was founded in 2003 and has already overtaken GM in the US and is close to overtaking Honda in the world. Next on to Toyota.

I see no reason why the major car companies wont bury Tesla in the long run.They are certainly being pushed around by Tesla at the moment. This will probably be Tesla's legacy.

How are they being "pushed around"?

I seriously doubt that without Tesla's huge success so far they would be so committed to electric cars

Never turning a profit is not a "huge success".. Where the hell do they find you guys? The reason why the major car companies have been investing in EV's is because of government mandates. Were there no government requirement they wouldn't bother save as a technology demonstrator.

Tesla just became the most valuable carmaker in America

Some people are dragged into the future and some people drag all of humanity forward. Elon Musk has a gigantic rope and is pulling the world into the 22nd century.

Tesla was founded in 2003 and has already overtaken GM in the US and is close to overtaking Honda in the world. Next on to Toyota.

I see no reason why the major car companies wont bury Tesla in the long run.They are certainly being pushed around by Tesla at the moment. This will probably be Tesla's legacy.

How are they being "pushed around"?

I seriously doubt that without Tesla's huge success so far they would be so committed to electric cars

Wasn't it GM who built an EV years ago? Never went into actual production, if I recall. But yeah, the mandates have been the biggest reason.

Never turning a profit is not a "huge success".. Where the hell do they find you guys? The reason why the major car companies have been investing in EV's is because of government mandates. Were there no government requirement they wouldn't bother save as a technology demonstrator.

Talk about fake news.......
The Liberals are pushing their green agenda.
Telsa makes great car but there is no way in hell they are the most valuable automaker.
Ask yourself, which one would you choose to own GM (Chevy, Buick, Cadillac, GMC) or Tesla?

Telsa makes great car but there is no way in hell they are the most valuable automaker.
Ask yourself, which one would you choose to own GM (Chevy, Buick, Cadillac, GMC) or Tesla?

Since these are all publically traded companies, the question would be better phrased as "Which one would you rather own stock in?".

The entire premise of the article is the value of the stocks. That is one way to measure the worth of a company.

Amazing how a successful US company in the news is bad news for conservatives.

I imagine they are horrified that Space X is blazing new territory as well right past NASA. But they claim to hate the gubment, but they hate new technology, but, but...

They seem to be stuck deep in a but hole.

Since these are all publically traded companies, the question would be better phrased as "Which one would you rather own stock in?".

The entire premise of the article is the value of the stocks. That is one way to measure the worth of a company.

TESLA is a wonderful example of a stock speculators stock. It is a fiction, I suggest you read a book called Extraordinary Popular Delusions and the Madness of Crowds. It was written way back in the 1700's but it describes how humans will fall for the most ridiculous things. They pay particular attention to the tulip craze which i think is the closest analogue to the valuation of Tesla.

Market Crashes: The Tulip and Bulb Craze

Market Crashes: The Tulip and Bulb Craze

Cons yes Tesla's are expensive but that doesn't mean you are less than because you can't afford one yet. The price keeps coming down as the technology and infrastructure grows.

"Most people are more comfortable with old problems than with new solutions." - Author unknown -

Cons yes Tesla's are expensive but that doesn't mean you are less than because you can't afford one yet. The price keeps coming down as the technology and infrastructure grows.

"Most people are more comfortable with old problems than with new solutions." - Author unknown -

What's funny is you'll never be able to afford one, and you think it's OK for the middle class to give over their hard earned money so that the wealthy can get a nice tax break on them. Boy, are you stupid.

What's funny is you'll never be able to afford one, and you think it's OK for the middle class to give over their hard earned money so that the wealthy can get a nice tax break on them. Boy, are you stupid.

You have a need to see what isn't there just because it makes you feel better. No worries, misery is it's own prison.

Tesla is the most valuable auto maker in the US. Another American success story. Yeah!

You have a need to see what isn't there just because it makes you feel better. No worries, misery is it's own prison.

Tesla is the most valuable auto maker in the US. Another American success story. Yeah!

Sure it is. Brainless people the world over are rejoicing.

Even if you are paying for the electricity, the Tesla comes out cheaper to run.

The national average for electricity is $0.12 per kWh. So you can put a full charge on the Model S 100D for $12. That will give you a range of over 300 miles. If your car gets 25mpg and gas is $2.38 a gal, that same $12 will buy you 5 gals of gas with a range of 120 miles. If your care gets 20mpg, you get 101 miles worth for $12.

And the gasoline companies change their prices at the drop of a hat. Electric companies do not. Plus, most power companies have a discounted rate for power in the off peak hours. When you typically charge your EV.

Yea just imagine 100 million electric cars plugged in at night with our 100 year electric grid, the black outs of California would be nothing compared to this.

Um no. If the electric car does get to that point we will be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Never turning a profit is not a "huge success"..

In this case obviously yes which explains why in a couple of years it is already as valuable as GM. People are hoping it is on same trajectory as Amazon. Amazon and most big start ups are huge losers in the beginning. Do you understand now?

Even if you are paying for the electricity, the Tesla comes out cheaper to run.

The national average for electricity is $0.12 per kWh. So you can put a full charge on the Model S 100D for $12. That will give you a range of over 300 miles. If your car gets 25mpg and gas is $2.38 a gal, that same $12 will buy you 5 gals of gas with a range of 120 miles. If your care gets 20mpg, you get 101 miles worth for $12.

And the gasoline companies change their prices at the drop of a hat. Electric companies do not. Plus, most power companies have a discounted rate for power in the off peak hours. When you typically charge your EV.

Yea just imagine 100 million electric cars plugged in at night with our 100 year electric grid, the black outs of California would be nothing compared to this.

Um no. If the electric car does get to that point we will be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using USMessageBoard.com

Uhm yes...

Amazing how a successful US company in the news is bad news for conservatives.

I imagine they are horrified that Space X is blazing new territory as well right past NASA.

Its not really successful yet, its dependent on govt subsidies, and may end like Solindra and 100's of other companies that USA and USSR govt bureaucrats invested in. It makes sense for conservatives to not like it given their faith in capitalism.

In this case obviously yes which explains why in a couple of years it is already as valuable as GM. People are hoping it is on same trajectory as Amazon. Amazon and most big start ups are huge losers in the beginning. Do you understand now?

Amazon and Telsa are apples and oranges, no comparison..

Tesla is more hype then not.

1974 Vanguard-Sebring CitiCar
vanguard_sebring_citicar.jpg

John Post / austinev.org

When people think of electric cars as glorified golf carts, the CitiCar may be what they have in mind. Brought out in the mid-1970s, during the height of the oil crisis, the CitiCar could top 30 mph and had a reliable range of 40 miles — in warm weather. The cars were priced to be competitive with the Volkswagen Beetle, and by 1975, Vanguard-Sebring was somehow the sixth largest automaker in the U.S. But the tiny, tinny CitiCar suffered due to safety concerns — it had all the crumple resistance of a beer can — and the model didn't outlast the 1970s, where it definitely belonged.

Oh believe me I understand. Far better than you apparently, remember the dot com bubble? Yeah, amazon is finally turning a profit, after driving all of its competitors out of business because it lied about what it was and didn't pay sales tax. Gave it a huge edge over everyone else who had a brick and mortar store. It treats its employees like shit, and bezos is one of the most vile people on the planet. Color me unsurprized that you like them.

. Color me unsurprized that you like them.

yep, every time Bezos saves me a trip to a store, gives me 100 times the selection of my local store and has lower prices I like him all over again!!

And every time you skip a trip to the store you cost an American their job. Nice going. Asshole.

It treats its employees like shit, and bezos is one of the most vile people on the planet.
liberals claim every employer treats its employees like shit but always fail to open businesses that lure away the best employees by treating them liberally, perhaps because high wages lead to high prices.

And every time you skip a trip to the store you cost an American their job. Nice going. Asshole.

Golly Gee, I never thought of that. We should pass a law against any new businesses that offers more convenience and lower prices to their customers.

Forum List

Back