skookerasbil

Platinum Member
Aug 6, 2009
Not the middle of nowhere
Emergent Tech
Tesla share crash amid Republican bid to kill off electric car tax break
Didn't help that the automaker's financial results also sucked
By Kieren McCarthy in San Francisco 2 Nov 2017 at 18:47

Tesla's share price took a dive Thursday morning as Republicans in Congress revealed they were planning to kill off a US federal tax credit for electric vehicles.

The proposed House tax bill calls for an immediate repeal of the $7,500-per-vehicle credit: something that would have an immediate knock-on impact for Tesla given that it only produces electric cars.

Tesla share crash amid Republican bid to kill off electric car tax break

Been saying for years.........EV's are ghey. Nobody wants these cars.:bye1:

But even I am surprised..........671 million in losses this past quarter!!!:ack-1::ack-1::ack-1::ack-1::ack-1::ack-1::ack-1::ack-1::ack-1:

fAiL

Year End Stock Prices
yearendstockprices.aspx

The historical stock information provided is for informational purposes only and is not intended for trading purposes. The historical stock information is provided by Mergent, a third party service, and Tesla Motors does not maintain or provide information directly to this service. Prices display split-adjusted cost basis per share on that date.

Investors Overview
Investor Communication
Events & Presentations
Financials & Accounting
SEC Filings
Corporate Governance
IRS Form 8937
Stock Information

Investor FAQs
Contact Investor Relations

Historic Stock Lookup | Tesla Motors

At the end of last year, Tesla at 213.69. Right now at 306.09. LOL

One thing I cannot understand is why the hatred for Tesla? All the people calling it "ghey" or whatever.

If you don't like the car, don't buy one. If it is the money, look at where the gov't really wastes it. This is pocket change by comparison.

It seems like ignorance to me. And Teslas are all over Atlanta.

Killing the tax break is a mistake. But if anyone thinks taking away a $7,500 tax break will make people not buy a $100k to $160k car, they have lost their mind.

One thing I cannot understand is why the hatred for Tesla? All the people calling it "ghey" or whatever.

If you don't like the car, don't buy one. If it is the money, look at where the gov't really wastes it. This is pocket change by comparison.

Killing the tax break is a mistake. But if anyone thinks taking away a $7,500 tax break will make people not buy a $100k to $160k car, they have lost their mind.

They are "all over Atlanta" as compared to what?:funnyface: C'mon now s0n.........nobody is buying these cars!!

Taxing people to try and push this technology IS ghey on models other than the Type S............yet another dumb liberal idea that is incoherent.:coffee:

Good case for killing it

Is there any doubt that more EVs on the road would be good for the economy, the consumer, and the environment?

I get why the car dealers are pissed. Tesla doesn't do dealerships. But jeez, this kind of hostility towards new technology is insane.

And spare me the "Let the market decide". That works great if you are already in the market. Tesla has started from scratch and in less than 10 years has become a well known commodity. The technology is cutting edge. The cars are safer than almost any car on the road. The fuel is produced right here in the USA.

Is there any doubt that more EVs on the road would be good for the economy, the consumer, and the environment?

I get why the car dealers are pissed. Tesla doesn't do dealerships. But jeez, this kind of hostility towards new technology is insane.

And spare me the "Let the market decide". That works great if you are already in the market. Tesla has started from scratch and in less than 10 years has become a well known commodity. The technology is cutting edge. The cars are safer than almost any car on the road. The fuel is produced right here in the USA.
Hostile to welfare for the rich

They are "all over Atlanta" as compared to what?:funnyface: C'mon now s0n.........nobody is buying these cars!!

Taxing people to try and push this technology IS ghey on models other than the Type S............yet another dumb liberal idea that is incoherent.:coffee:

There were 25k EVs in Georgia. Most of those are in Atlanta.

As compared to what? How about any other car manufacturer that has only existed for 10 years.

You mean like bailing out GM?

And it is only welfare if you get money from taxes paid by someone else. This is letting someone keep $7,500 of the money they earned. And for buying a car that is good for the future, good for the environment, and good for reducing our dependence on foreign oil.

And if that is the case, why are they repealing the "Death Tax"?

And it is only welfare if you get money from taxes paid by someone else. This is letting someone keep $7,500 of the money they earned. And for buying a car that is good for the future, good for the environment, and good for reducing our dependence on foreign oil.
Was against that too......next

As was I. But the tax break did more than let rich people keep more of the money they earned. It also encouraged buying EVs, which have long term benefits to everyone.

Elon Musk's growing empire is fueled by $4.9 billion in government subsidies

As was I. But the tax break did more than let rich people keep more of the money they earned. It also encouraged buying EVs, which have long term benefits to everyone.
So they say......lot of toxic waste in all those big batts

Forum List

Back