Terri

krisy said:
God bless Terri and her family.

I know I will be thinking about them and praying for them for a long time. I hope they can ease their pain through God.

Yes God bless Mike Schiavo, lets hope he never has to make such a heart wrenching decision again. And lets pray that he is allowed to lead a normal life and not be continuously hounded by zealots.

OCA said:
Yes God bless Mike Schiavo, lets hope he never has to make such a heart wrenching decision again. And lets pray that he is allowed to lead a normal life and not be continuously hounded by zealots.

I left Micheal out on purpose.

My grandma used to tell us to pray for the people we were angry at,or the ones that did something wrong to us. Right now,I'm just pissed ,plain and simple and I think he is a lousy stinking piece of crap,whom at the very least could have let her parents take care of her. Then the parents can't even have the body?!!! He is going to put it in a family plot of his. So I guess when he kicks,one wife will be on one side of him,and the "2nd" wife on the other side. Sounds great-I bet his future wife will be thrilled!

And that loony toon lawyer of his needs his head looked at-he is creepy,plain and simple. Hell,they just said on Hannity and Colmes that the freak talks about how he dreams about bludgening his ex to death in his book.

That what was so wrong about the media putting out the DeLay family story. His father was going to die, using added sustenence would have dragged death out for hours, perhaps days. Terri's situation was different.

How is that situation different? Dragging death out for hours as compared to years? I would say that the latter is much worse. I don't understand where your logic is.

budboomer said:
That what was so wrong about the media putting out the DeLay family story. His father was going to die, using added sustenence would have dragged death out for hours, perhaps days. Terri's situation was different.

How is that situation different? Dragging death out for hours as compared to years? I would say that the latter is much worse. I don't understand where your logic is.

First off, Terri wasn't 80 or 90 years old. Secondly, did Terri look like she was "suffering"? Thirdly, the longer we live, the longer we all drag out death. Terri didn't die from being taken off a ventilator, a dialysis machine or anything like that. She died because they took away her feeding tube that provided her with water and nutrition. She did NOT die of natural causes and she did not die because something that was keeping a bodily function gonig was taken away. She died a slow death of dehydration.

freeandfun1 said:
did Terri look like she was "suffering"?
actually, yes.
freeandfun1 said:
Terri didn't die from being taken off a ventilator, a dialysis machine or anything like that. She died because they took away her feeding tube that provided her with water and nutrition.
which, according to most states, feeding tubes fall into the same category as ventilators and dialysis

schiavo3.jpg

budboomer said:

I guess it's a matter of choosing for life, when possible. For Terri, death had not been imminent, as was the case for DeLay's father. With food death would only have been staved off for days/hours. Terri had family that were willing to care for her, letting Michael walk away.

While I disagreed with the Congressional interference, I understand the motivation.

freeandfun1 said:
First off, Terri wasn't 80 or 90 years old. Secondly, did Terri look like she was "suffering"? Thirdly, the longer we live, the longer we all drag out death. Terri didn't die from being taken off a ventilator, a dialysis machine or anything like that. She died because they took away her feeding tube that provided her with water and nutrition. She did NOT die of natural causes and she did not die because something that was keeping a bodily function gonig was taken away. She died a slow death of dehydration.

I agree that she should not have been starved to death. A more humane way for her to die is to give her an injection to end her life.

Now, you are going to think I am a terrible person for saying that but let me expain.

I used to be an RN and worked in the icu. I saw this on many occasions. People brain dead and the family hoping for a miracle. They don't happen.
Why do we put such a high value on human life? People die everyday. It is no big deal.

I don't a person is "alive" when you need a 2 by 4 to prop up her head for 15 years.

budboomer said:
I agree that she should not have been starved to death. A more humane way for her to die is to give her an injection to end her life.

Now, you are going to think I am a terrible person for saying that but let me expain.

I used to be an RN and worked in the icu. I saw this on many occasions. People brain dead and the family hoping for a miracle. They don't happen.
Why do we put such a high value on human life? People die everyday. It is no big deal.

I don't a person is "alive" when you need a 2 by 4 to prop up her head for 15 years.

That's an outstanding bedside manner you possess.. Good thing you said used to be...

budboomer said:
Let me see a show of hands. Who here would want to live like Terri?

No one would choose it. Then again, there are talents that many handicapped people have, that I could only wish for. I wouldn't choose their pain either. On the other hand, how many 'fine physical specimen's' are living lives I wouldn't trade for either?

I have saved many lives over my career. I have also seen many people die. Perhaps everyone has a problem with death because they are so afraid of it.

I am not. I understand that death is a part of life. Sometimes death is better. I have seen it and lived it. Have you?

budboomer said:
I have saved many lives over my career. I have also seen many people die. Perhaps everyone has a problem with death because they are so afraid of it.

I am not. I understand that death is a part of life. Sometimes death is better. I have seen it and lived it. Have you?

Sure have. And your point?

Those that are afraid of death, have no faith - in my opinion.

My father died a slow death and he would tell me every time I saw him that it was worth it, because he cherished every moment he had with his family - no matter how painful it was for him.

freeandfun1 said:

My father died a slow death and he would tell me every time I saw him that it was worth it, because he cherished every moment he had with his family - no matter how painful it was for him.

Yup Free. Same with my mom. She said over and over throughout the years, she was 'hanging in' to make sure the kids were 'ok.' She did too, nearly made it to the youngest's graduation from high school.

Then of course, we had her at home for 2 years, 24 hour nursing. Nearly another year in a nursing home, when she became too fragile for home. It was hard, but worth it. No regrets.

freeandfun1 said:

I am sorry your father died. You are missing my point. Your father was able to tell you how he felt. There is a big difference.

Kathianne said:
No one would choose it. Then again, there are talents that many handicapped people have, that I could only wish for. I wouldn't choose their pain either. On the other hand, how many 'fine physical specimen's' are living lives I wouldn't trade for either?

She wasn't handicapped for God's sake. She was brain dead. What talents did she have?

budboomer said:
I am sorry your father died. You are missing my point. Your father was able to tell you how he felt. There is a big difference.

Life is not something that sane people easily throw away. If Terri really was totally braindead as you all want to suppose she was, then what would it have hurt to let her family take care of her? She doesn't know anyway. Right?

Instead, the culture of death just had to prevail. I find that EVIL.

budboomer said:
She wasn't handicapped for God's sake. She was brain dead. What talents did she have?

She wasnt completely brain dead. she could communicate. Doctors say she could speak eventually too if she was given the rehab.

budboomer said:

She gave joy to her mother and father. That is enough talent as far as I am concerned. Sorry she couldn't get up and tap-dance while singing song for ya.

Forum List

Back