Terri

budboomer said:
She wasn't handicapped for God's sake. She was brain dead. What talents did she have?

Gee, I've been told 'brain dead' is decided definitively by agreement of 3 doctors relatively easily. That didn't happen.

I wasn't speaking of her, just people in a position I wouldn't want to be in, which was a natural outcome of your question. Wouldn't want to be her, but then again, I doubt you'd want to be me, or I you.

We don't get a choice, we are what we are. We live.

freeandfun1 said:
She gave joy to her mother and father. That is enough talent as far as I am concerned. Sorry she couldn't get up and tap-dance while singing song for ya.

She can't see anything,hear anything,feel anything. An empty shell of a human but let's keep her alive for the peasure of others.

budboomer said:
She wasn't handicapped for God's sake. She was brain dead. What talents did she have?

She brought smiles to her parent's faces every time they visited her .
I have just finished spending a week visiting my mother in the hospital . Thank God we were able to take her home today before the incompetent jerks had a chance to kill her the way they killed my father . The wonderful medical system of arrogant assholes that think they are Gods also killed my sister in law's mother . She was sent a bill for 820,000 dollars shortly after she buried her. I'm sure there are a few decent people in the medical profession but all I've witnessed is overmedicating , cover there ass , jerks that treat patients like numbers and charge more for a disgusting room than the finest Hotels on the planet .Screw them .
Oh by the way , my mother went in for an angioplasty procedure that was suppose to be on an outpatient basis and was treated to a screw up on the doctor's part which forced them to perform surgery to fix what they did , these guys are not infallible , why do they get so much credit and money?

I will leave with just a thought. When my dog got sick and there was no hope for a "miracle" I put him down. It was the hardest thing I had to do. The vet said something I will never forget. "This is the last act of love you can show him."

I know what you're going to say. It was just a dog. Sorry but this dog was like my child. I chose compassion over suffering. It was the right thing to do.

The only problem with the Terri thing is she had to starve to death instead of being given an injection to end her suffering.

Although many liberals were in support in her death, i have to hand it to George bush, he did make himself look good and seem like he was helping terrie, but in reality he didnt do shit. All he did was hand her life to the courts once again, when he knew they would say no feeding tube.
He was just like Pilate washing his hands and saying to the pharrasees, do what you want with jesus, i have nothing to do with it, yet Pilate could have saved Jesus.
Same thing with George W., he could have saved Terri by sending in the federal marshals, but no, he had to be a FUCKING WIMP. THATS WHAT HE WAS, A FUCKING HOLLOW WIMP!!! I HAVE NO FAITH IN GEORGE BUSH ANYMORE! HE IS HATED BY LIBERALS, SO HE TURNED TO CONSERVATIVES LIKE ME FOR SUPPORT, I WOULD HAVE VOTED FOR HIM IF I WERE OLD ENOUGH. MANY OTHER CONSERVATIVES VOTED FOR HIM. AND WHAT DOES HE DO, HE SPITS IN OUR FACE, HE SPITS IN TERRI SHIAVOS PARENT'S FACES, AND HE SPITS IN TERRI'S COLD DEAD FACE!
AND JEB BUSH DIDNT DO A THING EITHER, BOTH JEB AND GEORGE ARE CRONEYS, I ALMOST FEEL LIKE MOST REPUBLICANS AND DEMS ARE CRACKPOTS. I HAVE LOST MY FAITH FOR THE REPUBLICAN PARTY...
whats happening now is what happend with the Nazis and the consentration camps, with the people that can stop it just sitting on their asses.

ALSO YOU SLIMFACE LIBERAL HOLLYWOOD ASSHOLES, WHERE WERE YOU, WHERE WERE YOU WHEN TERRI WAS SHRIVLING UP AND DYING. YOU PROBABLY WERE SNIFFING COKE AND DRINKIN BEER. YOU SAY YOU ARE FOR THE LIVES OF THE UNFORTUNATE, BUT YET YOU TURN AWAY FROM THE HELPLESS DISABLED, SHAME ON YOU!

Not to mention the corrupt county of judges and the sherrif, and then the federal courts, these people are guilty of racketeering. They are also guilty of murder...

Both the people who enforced the death of terri shiavo, and the people who turned the other way, and didnt do anythign to save Terri are guilty. They are guilty of crimes against humanity. But nothing will be done to them in this lifetime, but i am positivly sure that good ole saten is waiting for them. ESPECIALLY MICHAEL SHIAVO. i hope he gets the worst of this punishment. i hope his dick gets cut off in hell(or now) and he is slowly eatin by a lion.

We dont need the terrorists to destroy us, we can destroy eachother, starting with the disabled.

Another outstanding piece from Dr. Thomas Sowell , great minds seem to think alike.

http://www.townhall.com/columnists/thomassowell/ts20050324.shtml

Killing Terri Schiavo
Thomas Sowell

People who say that the government has no business interfering in a private decision like removing Terri Schiavo's feeding tube somehow have no problem with a squad of policemen preventing her parents (or anyone else) from giving their daughter food or water.

*Do those who want to keep the government out of private decisions think that the police are not the government? Do they think that the judges who authorized this are not the government?

*Sadly, this is not the only Alice-in-Wonderland confusion of words and deeds in this tragic case.

*We are being told that Terri Schiavo is being "allowed" to "die a natural death." Such an argument might make some sense if this were a terminally ill person. But Terri Schiavo is not dying from anything other than a lack of food and water, from which any of the rest of us would die.

*She is not dying a natural death. She is being killed.

*What is being kept alive artificially is the liberal media version of events. One side of this story is being repeated endlessly, as if it were gospel, but anyone saying something different -- including doctors and nurses who have actually seen or taken care of Terri Schiavo -- is unlikely to be reported.

*The nature of death by starvation and dehydration is also being depicted as "gentle" in the words of the New York Times -- the same New York Times which in 2002 reported starving people in India dying "clutching pained stomachs."

*This "gentle" death is the story line in the liberal media but a priest who has actually seen Terri Schiavo tells a wholly different story of her visibly deteriorating condition. If this is such an easy death, why not videotape it and show those of us who are less enlightened how mistaken we are? Instead, there is a ban on anyone's photographing Terri as she dies.

*Despite the oft-repeated claim that Terri Schiavo is being "allowed" to die, supposedly in accordance with her own wishes, the only person who says that these were her wishes is the one person who wants her dead and who personally stands to benefit from her death -- her husband, Michael Schiavo.

*When Sean Hannity said this on the Fox News channel's "Hannity & Colmes" program, he was assured by a lawyer who was defending the removal of the feeding tube that Michael Schiavo was not the only one to hear Terri say this. But, when Hannity demanded to know the name of just one other person, the lawyer followed an old lawyer's maxim: "When your case is weak, shout louder!" He shouted and waxed indignant -- but did not produce the name of any other person.

*This case is one where many people speak with certainty about very uncertain things -- and the certainties of one side contradict the certainties of the other.

*Many seem certain that Terri Schiavo is vegetative, does not understand what is going on around her and cannot respond. But Carla Sauer Iyer, a nurse who attended Mrs. Schiavo for more than a year, has contradicted all of this. Moreover, she has painted a very different picture of Michael Schiavo than the one he presents to the courts and to the media.

*But you are not likely to find her eyewitness account of events in the mainstream media.

*According to this nurse, Michael Schiavo complained that his wife wasn't dying fast enough -- only the word he used was not wife or woman but a word that cannot be repeated in a family newspaper.

*The nurse's sworn statement, under penalty of perjury, is that she reported to the police that she had found Terri in both medical and emotional distress after a closed door visit by her husband -- and that she also found a vial of insulin, as well as needle marks on Terri, after Michael Schiavo's visit.

*The same mainstream media that will scour the country to find individuals to quote in support of killing Terri Schiavo will not lift a finger to investigate the chilling charges this nurse filed with the police years ago. It might disturb the picture they are trying to paint.

*Terri Schiavo is being killed because she is inconvenient to her husband and because she is inconvenient to those who do not want the idea of the sanctity of life to be strengthened and become an impediment to abortion. Nor do they want the supremacy of judges to be challenged, when judges are the liberals' last refuge.

OCA said:
Yes God bless Mike Schiavo, lets hope he never has to make such a heart wrenching decision again. And lets pray that he is allowed to lead a normal life and not be continuously hounded by zealots.

No need----his guilt will haunt him the rest of his life

budboomer said:
Let me see a show of hands. Who here would want to live like Terri?

If it was that or be starved to death, I would choose life like Terri had but what continually get missed here is Terri DID NOT GET HER WISH. She never said "let me live like that for 7 years or so until you have tried everything to save me". This process may have been barely legal but let's not be giving and kudos to ANYONE for carrying out her wish because it didn't happen. Michael keep her alive like this for 7 years ONLY because he would not carry out her wish. The true evil of this was giving her parents false hope.

freeandfun1 said:
Life is not something that sane people easily throw away. If Terri really was totally braindead as you all want to suppose she was, then what would it have hurt to let her family take care of her? She doesn't know anyway. Right?

Instead, the culture of death just had to prevail. I find that EVIL.
I find your alternative EVIL.

She wasnt completely brain dead. she could communicate. Doctors say she could speak eventually too if she was given the rehab.
SOME doctors, not all. again, do we need to rig up a medical voting system so ALL doctors can chime in and then we'll use majority rules?

SmarterThanYou said:
SOME doctors, not all. again, do we need to rig up a medical voting system so ALL doctors can chime in and then we'll use majority rules?

Much ado about nothing---her medical condition had nothing to do with this ither than the fact that her guardian said that she did not want to live with a condition like she had---what ever it was.

SmarterThanYou said:

The "some" doctors that said she stood a good chance of being partially rehabilitated have spent HOURS (from 3 to 10) with her over the course of a year.

The "some" doctors that said she stood a zero chance of being partially rehabilitated have spent an average of 10 minutes 2-3 times a YEAR with her.

That's 30 minutes a year.. I sure as hell wouldn't put any stock in what they say in the latter case. No time whatsoever to do any research - run in, poke a foot, scribble on a pad, and run out.

Tell me Smarter.. do you have just another family? Is that why you find this perfectly acceptable, and believe that society as a whole is demonizing a perfectly innocent (and hurting) man?

Shattered said:
The "some" doctors that said she stood a good chance of being partially rehabilitated have spent HOURS (from 3 to 10) with her over the course of a year.

The "some" doctors that said she stood a zero chance of being partially rehabilitated have spent an average of 10 minutes 2-3 times a YEAR with her.

That's 30 minutes a year.. I sure as hell wouldn't put any stock in what they say in the latter case. No time whatsoever to do any research - run in, poke a foot, scribble on a pad, and run out.

Tell me Smarter.. do you have just another family? Is that why you find this perfectly acceptable, and believe that society as a whole is demonizing a perfectly innocent (and hurting) man?

Again---it didn't MATTER if she could be rehabbed or not. Michael claims that she did not want to live "that way" and we have no clue what she meant by that! It was the "soul" decision of her guardian to make that decision.

budboomer said:
She can't see anything,hear anything,feel anything. An empty shell of a human but let's keep her alive for the peasure of others.

How do YOU know what she was seeing, hearing, feeling? Don't say, because the CT says.... We all know that the brain is an amazing organ. Who knows if SOME of her faculties weren't reorganized in her brain. We don't know FOR SURE if she couldn't hear what was going on around her. Unless you have actually been in that situation you cannot say for sure one way or another. Period.

budboomer said:
I will leave with just a thought. When my dog got sick and there was no hope for a "miracle" I put him down. It was the hardest thing I had to do. The vet said something I will never forget. "This is the last act of love you can show him."

I know what you're going to say. It was just a dog. Sorry but this dog was like my child. I chose compassion over suffering. It was the right thing to do.

The only problem with the Terri thing is she had to starve to death instead of being given an injection to end her suffering.

I made bold the key component of your little, idiotic rant. Your dog was LIKE your child. It WASN'T your child.

budboomer said:

:poke:

You said not more than half a dozen posts ago that humans are "just humans" and "they die".. So, it's easy for you to zap another human being out of existence, but it was the "hardest thing you ever had to do" to put a DOG out???

Shattered said:
:poke:

You said not more than half a dozen posts ago that humans are "just humans" and "they die".. So, it's easy for you to zap another human being out of existence, but it was the "hardest thing you ever had to do" to put a DOG out???

Frankly, she sounds pretty damn heartless to me. Glad she won't ever be MY nurse.... damn! An Angel of death working in a hospital.... scary thought.

freeandfun1 said:
Frankly, she sounds pretty damn heartless to me. Glad she won't ever be MY nurse.... damn! An Angel of death working in a hospital.... scary thought.

As I'm sure you knew, Free, the Angels of Death actually make up a distinct subgroup of serial murderers in criminal history - power-mad bastards playing God under the guise of "alleviating suffering". We had one operating in this area (SW Ohio) some years back - a lowlife named Donald Harvey. I was attending the funeral of a friend of mine, and struck up a conversation with an older gentleman. Came to find out that his deceased wife was one of Harvey's victims. That's chilling stuff.

Shattered said:

and some doctors that have diagnosed PVS have spent 20 days with her, one of them being one of the court appointed guardians.

Shattered said:
my family has nothing to do with this. what it has to do with is that some of you in society don't approve of the type of husband that michael schiavo was so you're throwing out all kinds of crap to ruin his already pitiful life. Believe me, he needs no extra help from zealots like you.

SmarterThanYou said:
and some doctors that have diagnosed PVS have spent 20 days with her, one of them being one of the court appointed guardians.

Since when are guardian ad litems licensed medical doctors? Was Terri's? Did I miss something? If so, show me.

my family has nothing to do with this. what it has to do with is that some of you in society don't approve of the type of husband that michael schiavo was so you're throwing out all kinds of crap to ruin his already pitiful life. Believe me, he needs no extra help from zealots like you.

Wow. I've never been called a zealot before.

Do YOU approve of the type of husband that Michael was? Please, justify adultry to me. Like I said, even if you take everything else away.. The broken bones, the controlling atmosphere, the lack of consideration for anyone but himself, you STILL have a cheating sack of shit. Please justify that so I can understand it.

Forum List

Back